Thread: Deflect is a big issue and should be reworked.

Deflect is a big issue and should be reworked.

deflect should only work for mele/martial arts

i asume funcom are well awere of that adventurers is a very overpowerd profession when it comes to pvp, and now they get deflect?
    you migth aswell kill duel system now, its just redicules unless they get a nerf like cap bio cocon on perk nr 8 for em or something.

lets give ranged adventurer 10 more perks in the next patch aswell, they deserve it. and remove all auras on keepers.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Aug 8th, 2014 at 03:41:15.

Is this deflect for all profs?

I really think your arguments need work.

You need to learn how to formulate a persuasive argument. Hell, I'd settle for an argument that makes sense.

I don't see how adventurers are getting any more benefit out of deflect than any other prof is.

The profs who will gain the most defensively will be enforcer, keeper and MA by default of already usually having parry near maxed.

Advy who trims his IP nicely might make some use of it but it's not like it's a bright green skill or anything.

I think what Lequack is trying to say is..

The LoveChild is already HARD ENOUGH to kill. You need luck, capped specials, etc, etc in a 1 on 1 situation.

NOW with deflect....it's going to be near impossible most likely. In 1 on 1 situation.
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

It's arguable.

I'm doubtful that all advy's will max deflect, to get the most out of it they'd need to wear CC, so that means a ranged advy will lose 105 defence which makes them a bit easier to kill.

An advy can't control when they deflect a hit, and even if they do max glance they aren't going to deflect more than ~10% of hits.

I do agree advy got probably the best or second best package on this round of adjustments (145 skill point boost to AS, recently scored an extra 142 NR just for being advy, and already has one of the best if not the best defensive toolset in game)

but don't forget that if you are fighting them that you also can max glance and potentially glance some of their AS/burst spam.

ya, while lequack's arguments aren't fantastic, if you read between the lines he's got a point. Myself? I will take the set of CSS rotting in the bank and stick it on my advy. MA, on the other hand, well, I'll do what other people did with their MA's a few years ago and put him on ice.

As for deflect, I won't be IPing it on advy. I got enough defence without fussing over some piddly 5% chance to take half damage... besides, you get 5% just for being you anyway

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    It's arguable.

I'm doubtful that all advy's will max deflect, to get the most out of it they'd need to wear CC, so that means a ranged advy will lose 105 defence which makes them a bit easier to kill.

An advy can't control when they deflect a hit, and even if they do max glance they aren't going to deflect more than ~10% of hits.

I do agree advy got probably the best or second best package on this round of adjustments (145 skill point boost to AS, recently scored an extra 142 NR just for being advy, and already has one of the best if not the best defensive toolset in game)

but don't forget that if you are fighting them that you also can max glance and potentially glance some of their AS/burst spam.

ya, while lequack's arguments aren't fantastic, if you read between the lines he's got a point. Myself? I will take the set of CSS rotting in the bank and stick it on my advy. MA, on the other hand, well, I'll do what other people did with their MA's a few years ago and put him on ice.

As for deflect, I won't be IPing it on advy. I got enough defence without fussing over some piddly 5% chance to take half damage... besides, you get 5% just for being you anyway
    Advys actually lost NR if they had a doc nearby

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I really think your arguments need work.

You need to learn how to formulate a persuasive argument. Hell, I'd settle for an argument that makes sense.

I don't see how adventurers are getting any more benefit out of deflect than any other prof is.

The profs who will gain the most defensively will be enforcer, keeper and MA by default of already usually having parry near maxed.

Advy who trims his IP nicely might make some use of it but it's not like it's a bright green skill or anything.
    nonsense. my advy can self all nanos, as aimedshot and sneak attack, perception maxed and like 2m ip free. well. 1.8m.