Thread: MA heals

MA heals

Oh god... Making the same mistake with MA heals they did with Garuk's. Don't think any MA will be able to cast Matrix of Ka anymore without gimping setup.

Self Sensory Impr >= 1871 And
    Self Bio Metamor >= 1871

And the nanocost is a bit too high?

NanoPoints 2805.

Maybe we will see all these fails fixed in 2016..

Also I don't think they changed any items that require parry so they will be impossible to use.

alternately perk NR3 and go with enlightened heal.

With 6 ticks at 1k+ you basically only need to cast once then go for gankmode while having HP just cruising in.

It is certainly an adjustment but it could work.

Edit: pop zazen cast heal, terminate zazen, then you got 30s of sick healing without casting anything... at the cost of having 0 nano :/

I kinda think MA's might be forced into using zazen if the cost on single heals is prohibitively high.

Some stuff that's interesting though is now zazen doesn't lower AR or skills, so You can fight in Zazen with superior healing making up for lost add dmg. It also means AS's and SA's should still be moderately effective.

It looks like it's meant to prolong MA fights and remove us from the 8 second gank category.

Then we got glance as well as mitigation.

On the outside it really looks like MA's will have to go high NR, or go zazen and utilize disharmony/trip wield (finally?) to produce serious raw healing/tanking and just wear down their enemy. On the upside, with that type of setup you can go balls out AR and not have to worry about crit since zazen will reduce your crit to zero.

Not sure how to kill people with that though... but again, disharmony+NR3+ might work.
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Aug 8th, 2014 at 00:44:21.

Well here is some early numbers on how powerful Zazen makes the MA Healing. It does come with a cost.

Burst healing at level 140 when in Zazen Stance
    Tree of Enlightenment 580
    Xuyun (lowest I have seen) 1000
    Greater Healing Touch Heal (low) 946
    Greater Healing Touch HOT 1st hit (low) 1182
    Greater Team Healing Touch Heal (low) 1006
    Greater Team Healing Touch HOT 1st hit (low) 504
    QL 70 Stim 852
    Total: 6070 over 2 seconds to trigger all of this.

Now the nano cost of this is 1350ish for this toon to cast both nanos in the above example. Zazen is imparting a -100% crit chance reduction so you don't crit at all ever. Also -350 Add Damage for all types and -350 to all evades. Consider this test MA has 5930 HP at level 140. So you can burst heal to full from 1 hp with extra to spare. The reality is that you will get better healing than listed because getting the min on Xuyun, Heal, Team Heal, Heal HOT and Team Heal HOT is very unlikey to all happen together. Add to that 5 more hits of each HOT at low value of 1510 (combined) for at least 7550 more healing over the next 12 seconds.

Right now the negative add damage is killer. There is no getting around it hurting your damage dealing. And at 140 you notice -350 evades a lot as well. But overall it is very fun to play in Zazen in a team where you are not the primary the damage.

And for discussion sakes here is the Zazen Nano
    On User:
    Modify % Add. Nano Cost -25
    Healing Efficiency 100%
    Modify Critical Increase -100
    Add. Proj. Dam. at level 140 -350 (-500 at lvl 200)
    Add. Energy Dam. at level 140 -350 (-500 at lvl 200)
    Add. Melee Dam. at level 140 -350 (-500 at lvl 200)
    Add. Cold Dam. at level 140 -350 (-500 at lvl 200)
    Add. Fire Dam. at level 140 -350 (-500 at lvl 200)
    Add. Poison Dam. at level 140 -350 (-500 at lvl 200)
    Add. Chem. Dam. at level 140 -350 (-500 at lvl 200)
    Add. Rad. Dam. at level 140 -350 (-500 at lvl 200)
    Evade-ClsC at level 140 -350 (-500 at lvl 200)
    Dodge-Rng at level 140 -350 (-500 at lvl 200)
    Duck-Exp at level 140 -350 (-500 at lvl 200)
    Requirements:
    Use:
    On Self:
    Can not be in a fight. and
    Must have expansion set: Lost Eden and
    Sensory Impr from 101 and
    Bio Metamor from 101 and
    Martial Artist

Take a ways so far are, MA will want HE running and Nano Cost Reduction as well. Also will want to be able to use the biggest Stim possible for nano regen and probably care battle prepared nano kits. Doing all that I think it is feasible that an MA can go the distance against any about anything PVM wise.

I can only imagine how powerful Matrix of Ka is actually going to be at end game. If you can keep your nano up the PVM impact is going to be huge.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

*If you can cast it.

note the 1871 skill req. for me off the top of my head, that's CM at least, and without CM you're looking at blue hud, spiritech DB chest swap, likely DB gloves and the 50 skill alb hud to be able to use it.

I highly doubt I'd be using it. I'd opt for a much lower version and go with NR1-2-3. I mean, for healing/cost, you can't even cast MoK more than twice anyway, so you might as well go for a much more defensive setup use a lower heal and hope the defences compensate for the lack of heals.

I honestly don't see how MA's will be able to self heal anything without zazen now with costs as they currently are.

The kind of annoying thing here is that MA soloability has likely stayed approximately the same, but you'll be absolutely required to choose zazen to do anything.

Playstyle will have gone from the fun, fast and dynamic: "kill fast and survive" to "holy sh*t this is boring"

Honestly it'll be like playing doctor with no init debuffs, no dots, and no crits. At least doctors get some crits while we won't get any.

Soloing anything bigger than a green mob without zazen will be impossible I think.

I've already made the suggestion that they absolutely need to lower the cost of regular heals.

What we've got here is essentially a superboost to team play as being a doctor, while completely, COMPLETELY removing any option of soloplay.

If this change goes live, you will not see an MA solo an AI raid, I guarantee it. Our solo DPS will drop to about 65%-70% of doctor DPS.
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Aug 8th, 2014 at 05:07:07.

I'm a bit in shock.

I just got this nano on my MA and the requirements posted in the OP are 501 over the current requirements. What are we missing about this nano? Does Zazen stance give +250 nanoskills or something to that effect? Is there some upcoming (with 18.7) nanoskill boost like Comp Mochams buffing more or what?

My MA is currently 216 and casting Matrix of Ka. There's no way I'd be able to cast that nano at 215/216 with the modified requirements. Is that the reason why they're selling nanodecks in the shops? Because no one will bother with the DB quest bc the requirements will be unreasonably high?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I really don't understand the point with this, the healing will be insufficient to do Pande and APF's as a main healer and the DD will be less than what a doc puts out.

The only thing i could see this working for would be a max nanoskill officer armor clad TL3 twink for mad teamheal spam in tower wars ( disclaimer: i know sweet FA about PvP ).
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

I hope deflect makes up not being able to use Matrix of Ka.
    I doub anyone will play 220 MA with zazen on and do worse (dd&heals) than doc.

Or any other heal efficiently due increased nanocost
    Last edited by fakiiri; Aug 9th, 2014 at 07:57:24.

Well looks like either very little healing in pvp or no damage in pvp. That's gonna hurt
    Morine 220 Shade
    Zeus84 150/18/5 Sold

don't just settle if the changes don't suit you, if you don't make noise the Dev's will think it's ok.

My suggestions are as follows:

1. change nanocost of heals back to the current amount
    2. change the added nanocost WHILE IN ZAZEN up by 50%-150%.

This is the most obvious and intuitive fix. The way it is on test an MA can not even function in a solo circumstance at all right now. So that aspect is completely buggered. Zazen is ok - but the easier way to fix both is to make the nanocost scale on the amount of healing done. It makes ZERO sense to spend 2400 nano for an 800 heal, when on live it costs less than 200 nano for the same heal

I feel like the devs were looking at zazen when they costed the nanos, but forgot to take into account the nanocost while not in zazen.

Anyway, don't just stand there and say: that's the way it is - Oh well. This change will make SOLO play impossible... so that's not a valid option.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I'm a bit in shock.

I just got this nano on my MA and the requirements posted in the OP are 501 over the current requirements. What are we missing about this nano? Does Zazen stance give +250 nanoskills or something to that effect? Is there some upcoming (with 18.7) nanoskill boost like Comp Mochams buffing more or what?

My MA is currently 216 and casting Matrix of Ka. There's no way I'd be able to cast that nano at 215/216 with the modified requirements. Is that the reason why they're selling nanodecks in the shops? Because no one will bother with the DB quest bc the requirements will be unreasonably high?
    Yes indeed a issue, all the DB quest nanos should be good like for the rest of the other classes.
    You should be really careful changing this nanos. I am trying to dig in to the original Zazen skil
    that was planned many years ago where zazen was suppose to boost defence and health output
    - 100 crit is just plane silly on a Ma that is 100% depended on this.

Update:
    Here is the orginal plan for Mas "Zazen" witch is much better than the current plan.
    "Martial Artists will be receiving a new ability called "Zazen", exclusive to the MA profession. This ability will work as a 'defensive stance' for the profession, reducing damage and increasing defense while also bolstering their healing capabilities in the form of additional %healmod *and* additional benefits to their heals while in this mode."

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...48&postcount=1

With the current state of Zazen we are just static ducks , rolling a doc would make more sense in terms of damage output and with much better healing.

-100 crit ... /rem Ma

There be no reason to use Zazen at all. And what we have left is our best heal nurfed.
    Last edited by Ironmax; Aug 11th, 2014 at 12:20:49.