Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Agent will no longer be a playable profession.

Agent will no longer be a playable profession.

TL7 Agents will no longer be playable with a 40 second CH recharge, lowbie twink agents can get away with fp enfo and other things but TL7 are all fp doc. They will be nothing but gank and backyard huggers post patch, if anyone bothers to keep playing one that is. Right now agents are quite balanced, probably the most balanced they've ever been with the amount of debuffs ingame, this CH change I'm sure was made by someone that didn't consider agents at all.

Unless I am missing some other change that is rebalancing them?
    Organisation - Punk
    "Foobar" - 220 Keeper
    "Warfang" - 220 Fixer
    "Exoblast" - 220 NT
    "Venomisto" - 220 Agent
    "Tykot" - 207 Agent
    "Ramjet" - 164 Fixer
    PvP Vids: AOPunk on Youtube

RIP TL7 Agents
    Brushed
    Nerdfury

Is it still in the works to open up higher lvl SL heals to agents? In a roundabout fashion, opening up the 216 or 218 heal would make the CH 40s recharge a non-issue.

Hey Foob.

Thought about that too.
    Also the change with the size of a character. Does that mean agents won't be small anymore so Ruse will only add conc then?
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

If i understand it correctly i belive you can miss with AS as well so there is that to factor in as well.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

You need to look at all the changes. With LGE getting a serious boost if agents want to play doc, why don't they setup for crap tonnes of heal eff and go with the base 2.5k heals or whatever. 4s CD on those isn't bad and then you still get a CH when you need it..

Just gotta adapt man. Survival of the fittest often and usually means the first one to embrace the change and work with it will become the best the fastest.

Don't get stuck in a rut!

Quote Originally Posted by lunarsolace View Post
    Is it still in the works to open up higher lvl SL heals to agents? In a roundabout fashion, opening up the 216 or 218 heal would make the CH 40s recharge a non-issue.
    That's supposed to be the plan, but no update on it for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    Does that mean agents won't be small anymore so Ruse will only add conc then?
    Yes. The 30 AAD is off Ruse 4 on the test items too.

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    If i understand it correctly i belive you can miss with AS as well so there is that to factor in as well.
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Foob View Post
    They will be nothing but gank and backyard huggers post patch
    Won't change anything for you then.

Agents will never be viable at anything in this game. I don't care how many more nerfs FC add agents are trash, beating the bones of the dead horse to particles and dust is all this is. Move on and find another prof to play or a new game. Leave the dead to rot.

No reason for alarm, FP fix still viable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by srompu View Post
    Won't change anything for you then.
    wikihow.com/Treat-a-Burn

The words "bull in a china shop" come to mind after reading the latest patch notes.
    Last edited by Phatkeep; Aug 8th, 2014 at 07:47:19.

I like that changes, since I never liked docs with AS anc crits
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

but foob is right, agents will experience a serious drop in survivability if ch gets 4times longer recharge.

Quote Originally Posted by slythea View Post
    but foob is right, agents will experience a serious drop in survivability if ch gets 4times longer recharge.
    Current recharge is 8 s. So it'll be 5x longer recharge. :>

Given that Lifegiving Elixir ( the top Doc RK healing nano) will heal for 2100 to 2520 ( compared to current 693-1,283) and also the fact that FP doc will give healing efficiency ( according to old nano re-balance docs) i would think it would be kinda an open question if this is in fact much of a nerf at all.

Edit: Healing nerf that is, the changes to FP doc will nerf offense by quite a bit.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtrauma View Post
    Given that Lifegiving Elixir ( the top Doc RK healing nano) will heal for 2100 to 2520 ( compared to current 693-1,283) and also the fact that FP doc will give healing efficiency ( according to old nano re-balance docs) i would think it would be kinda an open question if this is in fact much of a nerf at all.

Edit: Healing nerf that is, the changes to FP doc will nerf offense by quite a bit.
    How is it open? When you're getting alphaed by an enf or shade or whatever, what you need is a way to instantly heal as much as possible. CH is what makes it possible for agents to survive being alphaed. Doesn't matter if LE is better because you're dead before you can heal that second time.

The End.

Tossing relevant links.

Lifegiving Elixir (3.19s cast, 2s recharge, 4s cooldown (single target healing))
    Complete Healing (1s cast, 2s recharge, 40s cooldown (Complete Healing))

I also made a post on Reddit in reply to concerns about froob raiding being killed with this patch. I think most of it relates to how Agent use CH as well.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Phatkeep View Post
    How is it open? When you're getting alphaed by an enf or shade or whatever, what you need is a way to instantly heal as much as possible. CH is what makes it possible for agents to survive being alphaed. Doesn't matter if LE is better because you're dead before you can heal that second time.

The End.
    I don't think your statement is based on facts at all, currently CH has a base cooldown of 8 seconds, this change should in fact make the agent ability to survive spike damage greater as you can CH and then after 2 seconds ( as opposed to 8 seconds) heal again ( or possibly even go LE->CH->LE), also with the FP doc nerfs to DD it would probably not be OP to give agents access to at least some SL heals. The CH change from 10k heal to 100% will also change the viability of high HP builds, there are all kinds of stuff happening to other profs as well, this is why i see this as an open subject.

As it happens it might ofc be that FP doc will no longer be the default win them all solution for every type of opponent.

Edit: Just noticed that Agents got Anti-mongo Rage in the form of the Disappear nano, that should make up for a lot of lost healing

another edit: linked the old version of the nano.
    Last edited by Dogtrauma; Aug 8th, 2014 at 17:44:58.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

ITT:

"Help, help, I can't just spam 1 button anymore"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast