Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Item Shop Luxury Armor

Item Shop Luxury Armor

I have two questions:

1. How powerful is this armor

2. How high can you level this armor

I hope to GOD this is not a pay to win item. Everything else on the item shop so far has been more or less convenience items that haven't really impacted the game in a major way. I am happy to see that Newcomer's armor will be able to be leveled for a long time, so that new players have something to wear for awhile while learning the game, however an armor set that can be purchased from the Item shop I hope is either acquirable in game somewhere else, or that the armor does not provide a significant advantage.

Funcom employee

The armor has been designed to be an improved version of the medsuit that people commonly use to power level with. You will not get any advantage over that of other in game armors in regards to PVP using the luxury armor. All you will get is some peace of mind when leveling.

All armor pieces will give the following stats:
    • AC
    • First aid (no more than medsuit)
      • This is to make it easier to use stims for healing.
    • Treatment (no more than medsuit)
      • This is to make it easier to use treatment kits for out of combat healing.
    • Inits (close to the values on goddess armor)
      • This is to make it easier to go full def for evade professions, which will make them evade better especially at lower levels.
    • xp modifier (this will be higher than other armors as you pay to conveniently level up.)
      • This is to make it faster to level up, obviously.
    • max NCU (close to the values on carb armor)
      • This is to make it less important to twink on the best belt there is.
    • max health (close to the values on goddess armor)
      • This is to make professions who are not focused on evading things a surviving strategy that goes well with the increased first aid.
    • max nano (close to the values on goddess armor)
      • This is to make it easier to execute nano programs.

The armor stops scaling when you reach level 200.
    Last edited by Genele; Aug 7th, 2014 at 17:25:04.

Ah, thanks for the reply. Yeah that looks a lot less Pay2Win, and more convenience. Do you guys have a price model for the set yet? Like, will it be expensive, or something many people can afford?

Genele, for everything but AC you've listed a comparable extant armour. Is that an oversight or an attempt to delay the backlash?

Note: I don't believe in the concept of "pay to win"; there's no such thing. There's only paying to access a different league of play; you're still equal to everyone else who's paid. Paid uber-armor from the item shop isn't much different from OFAB vs carb. So I'm not complaining here. I'd certainly expect a paid armor set to be at least equal to OFAB - of a good few levels higher than the player's level, to account for twinking - for levelling with. Otherwise I'd use OFAB.
    Last edited by Clamperouge; Aug 7th, 2014 at 21:43:28.

My question on this topic would be: Is the armour NODROP?

If so, it's a situation where I don't value a particular character's levelling experience enough to invest in the armour (similar to the XP buff nano); however if the armour is tradable then I'd definitely grab a set, if only for the +XP modifier.

My 2c
    -Trony-
    Doctrony - 220/30 Doctor
    Neurix - 100/10 Nano-Technician

"The best of leaders when the job is done, when the task is
    accomplished, the people will say we have done it ourselves"
    - Lao Tzu

Check the armour out for yourselves:
    https://tl.aoitems.com/search/name:luxurious/

The xp boost is huge so I'm very curious about the price.
    Last edited by Starphoenix; Aug 8th, 2014 at 11:29:40.
    Starphoenix 220/30 Adventurer - Shesmine 220/30 Enforcer - Sgtcuddle 220/30 Soldier - Pervonen 220/27 Doctor - Startrade 218/30 Trader - Letter 200/30 Bureaucrat - Shiasurprise 199/20 Soldier - Envelope 150/17 Bureaucrat

WOW 80%, talk about incentive to be milked. And ofc nodrop.

Quote Originally Posted by Adeptall2 View Post
    WOW 80%, talk about incentive to be milked. And ofc nodrop.
    I think that's the point though. Those that can afford it/those that don't have a lot of time to dedicate to grinding levels will buy it, and those who can't afford it/play this game a bunch already can still level quickly in various other ways. Especially if you have time to dedicate to the game.

I do have to say though, the armor is looking pretty snazzy from just the Icons alone, is there anyone who is currently playing on the Test Server who can get a screenshot of the full armor set? (including the Tank armor)

I think they'd sell more of them if they were yesdrop. I think people who refuse to spend rl cash on items will just grumble and consider these out of reach - but if there were someone out there willing to turn cash into creds they could buy and sell them. I'm hesitant myself to spend cash in the item store but I'd happily farm some creds to buy one from a seller - thus FC gets a sale it wouldn't otherwise.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

I'd be fine with nodrop as long as it's flagged on every character. Similar to the DB helm from anniversary offers. It's nodrop, but I can claim it on every character.

Is it correct or intended that only MP's can wear the Rubber versions? I can see other prof's that would appreciate the evades or nano skills.

I also like the idea ... depending on the Item Store prices ... that the set be "Account-wide" since it is nodrop.

Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    Is it correct or intended that only MP's can wear the Rubber versions? I can see other prof's that would appreciate the evades or nano skills.
    Yes. Those aren't from the item store, those drop from Mercs

man,
    i'm hoping for it to randomly generate a no drop"nano buff" can every day too that will expired if not used within a week.

be an ubah twink item. and lets get the "right click" to change color option too ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

I believe Genele may have stated that the Luxury armor will only be for that toon you purchase it on. But dont quote me or her on that.

I like the idea of making this tradeable to sell it for creds. The result would be a little like GRACE. Problem is probably just: people duplicating items. So this could be a reason for the nodrop flag.

I hope it goes cheap enough so people seriously consider getting these. (Not like heckler juice or sth.) Funcom would benefit a lot more also.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

If these are purchased by level 200+ characters, is the armor automatically leveled to ql 200?

My tone is a direct reflection of your attitude.

220 Wiseguy - Bureaucrat
    ... and a bevy of underequipped 220's

Account Created 16 July 2001

I can't see the point of being upset for those armors tbh (cept the %xp) :>
    *Rooh*

{edited for inappropriate content}

I don't get the point of this set of armor.

If the intent is to assist people with power levelling why don't you just reduce the price of Hecklor Juice in the item shop?

It might be better for you to develop realistic armour in game that people could use.

Reviewing Living Cybor Armor, DeCranum's Corona Armor, introduce a set of usable armor from ToTW/SoM/Foremans for example...you know, things that might make players want to actually play those instances instead of just buying a set from the items store.

I know it's less money for you but hey...

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    ... I know it's less money for you but hey...
    ofc it's about money. Nothing else.
    It's been like that for years now.
    They don't listen anymore to players, and tbh, I don't think it will change.

Change the mods on carb armor and add more viable stuff. Wait and see how much this will cost I guess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast