Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Full IPR with 18.7?

The whole deflect idea look crappy to me (like most of recent changes).
    I bet it will hardly ever work and I am not going to waste time on retwinking all my characters...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I get the feeling that you don't know what I meant when I asked for a full IPR based on this statement.

A full IPR does NOT mean that we log on and all of our IP is reset and we just reallocate as we wish.
    Knew exactly what you meant. They should force reset IP entirely now that you mention it. Some items with negative values screwed things up back in the day. Probably still affecting the game!

As for means promising things way back when, is kinda moot, he aint here is he. Things are very different from the time he was in charge.

And if you believe you will get a free breed change that's a free Full IPR init ?(granted they change the code a bit so you can change into your own breed ) so i dont get the whining if you do actually believe that.

Bump, FIPR is totally desirable.

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    I bet it will hardly ever work and I am not going to waste time on retwinking all my characters...
    Deflect is working quite well. Expect mobs to get Glancing Hits a lot when you attack them. Full Auto is ultra nerfed by this in PVM. Even with sub 500 points of deflect you can see it working in fights. But Deflect/Glancing Hit is the ultra nerf for all special attacks.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

I would not like to Equip all over again 14 of my twinks and I would not even try to do that. its insane. Must be FIPR with gear on, and I don't see any other way to redeem changes.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    I would not like to Equip all over again 14 of my twinks and I would not even try to do that. its insane. Must be FIPR with gear on, and I don't see any other way to redeem changes.
    This, basically.

What many other MMOs do when making such drastic changes in one go is automatically reset whatever equivalent of points expenditure on character development stats without touching equipment and non-affected things. Like SP refunds in Eve Online if a skill gets removed, or Soul tree resets in Rift when they rework a soul. It means you don't have to completely disassemble your whole character to then rebuild it.

In this game especially with the way twinking is so central to it, to expect the older players (which, lets face it, is now and will be even after engine release the largest proportion of players) to have to strip down and fully retwink and rebuild tons of characters - after farming up all of the new stuff needed... Well I'll let you guess how popular that will be.

As I said above, the thought of having to rebuild all my characters and especially my non-Solis from literal scratch including having to retwink on my alphas and EoEs... I can't stomach it. I, for one, would just not do it and walk away instead. Why should I be punished for making lots of characters and having played this game for so many years?

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    An IPR or FIPR while maintaining equipped gear is beyond the most ridiculous thing I've heard in the last month. Yes, lets just reset IP on skills you required to IP in order to equip what you have and give you IP-for-free.

All the previous FIPRs we've been afforded have come with the same restrictions as a normal IPR, but with the benefit of being able to reset abilies & map nav. Being able to IPR without removing gear just lends benefits to for eg. all lower level twinks that needed to dump loads of IP into CLit for stuff that doesn't even go OE, and that's just stupid.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

it is ridicoulous, yes. As same as changing game mechanics which require resetuping character. I don't know, maybe FC will jus reset obsolete skills, like swimming or map navi and by this we regain IP. Or, worst case, add additional XP for (which is bad solution imo, but its always some sotultion) so players can add to a certain skill, not much, but enough to equal needs in some way.

Currently, all characters, no matter what class, will gain deflect skill, which in obvious way change game mechanics, and - afaik - will be needed in PVP. This change has huge impact on current builds.

As I said in other topic - I have no time like I had years ago to resetup all twinks in manner allowing me to compete on level I used to, and I have no resources to rebuild those twinks after stripping them - there is a lot stuff involved, which I sold years-two ago, and with current prices, i would had to pay like ten times more for them. Also, I am aware that I require NW field for most twinks to gear them on, and my org is dead - this is another problem. So all in all, if I will want to play again, there is a lot "if" to consider and I am not optimistic with this.

I know changes are needed. They look fine, and I am for them, but if they willing to make such changes, which will touch most of characters and force players to do many stuff all over again (some may even reroll...) I request solution to ease those players all pain and encourage them to return to the game, instead drive them away with creating big problems at start.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

So now what, my crat will Need reset. What about atrox soldier?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    On the contrary, it's gonna work sometimes to the point of epic frustration. That's how 100% luck based make-or-break mechanics work. Anyone who's been on the receiving end of ridiculously overpowered LE procs (ubt, drain, nsd) will agree.

Making mechanics like that in 2014 shows funcom has no clue when it comes to game design.

Adept or die ;P Come on guys, we are in 2014 putting does alphas back on is not really hard any more.

didn't see a post saying wow way to go FC lot of nice stuff .. so here

and surely there'll be an IPR with such a change in skills we all want our swimming ipr back ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmax View Post
    Adept or die ;P Come on guys, we are in 2014 putting does alphas back on is not really hard any more.
    That is entirely not the point. I suggest you take a moment to re-read the entire thread to get the *actual* point of it.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

My view is that given the game has been dramatically changed with 18.7, players should have an opportunity to adapt to these changes a free IPR would be the fair course of action.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    My view is that given the game has been dramatically changed with 18.7, players should have an opportunity to adapt to these changes a free IPR would be the fair course of action.
    This is actually the precise reason the Full IPR mechanic was introduced.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    This is actually the precise reason the Full IPR mechanic was introduced.
    Indeed.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

full Ipr.. of 10 220 sounds like a nightmare. think atrox enfos and soldiers in alphas. Kinda devides people to haves and haves nots.

It would all be easy if atrox gets temp buff of 110 psy and 50 int.

Without that I am looking at a bunch of uncompetitive chars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Are people in this post against being given a full IPR when the Deflect skill gets put into the game?

The alternative is to spend countless IPR tokens on resetting all of your characters if/when it becomes apparent that Deflect is game breaking. Even if you have IPR tokens to spare on a couple of your guys I'm pretty sure most of you don't have 20+ on all of your alts.

Seems those that are against a full IPR reset being given are actually against the Deflect skill being put into the game.

I, for one, actually think that you should be able to reset skills and change breed whenever you like. In most modern games you are given the freedom to alter your set up by resetting skill trees and swapping out armour on the fly.

Granted, a lot of these games are not as complex as AO but the ability to perform a full IPR reset and breed change with a long lock out of say a week (similar to the old lock out that used to be applied for perk changes) would give more freedom to players to experiment and fine tune their characters.

It should just be a convenience thing; as countless players have pointed out...resetting skills and breed is not something a player decides to do every week since there is a lot of work in re-equipping gear/items.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesmith View Post
    full Ipr.. of 10 220 sounds like a nightmare. think atrox enfos and soldiers in alphas. Kinda devides people to haves and haves nots.

It would all be easy if atrox gets temp buff of 110 psy and 50 int.

Without that I am looking at a bunch of uncompetitive chars.
    If you got them into Alphas before, why can't you do it again ?

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    Even if you have IPR tokens to spare on a couple of your guys I'm pretty sure most of you don't have 20+ on all of your alts.
    I think all my TL7s have 29+...

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

I don't understand why so many are just all about getting alphas back in. This skill change has a way bigger impact on things. There's a whole new skill to skill, by people who already lack IPs. I highly doubt that we'll get a slight increase in IPs for this change, so some probably have to take a step back in another skill, to bring Deflect to a reasonable number.

After being done with skilling everything new, you will probably have to rethink your setup as well, because you want more deflect, or maybe now that you have deflect, you can spare some item and replace it with something you always wanted, but never had an hud/util for.

People might wanna rethink their tower boni and get some deflect instead of xx.

Then, when you're done with everything, you only start testing how all of this will change your tactic or whatever. Maybe it won't work out and you have to redo things again, until you finally have what you wanted.

When Parry just plain gets replaced with Deflect I think a couple items then come into consideration, which weren't before. (for example Taurus' Spirit of Patience)

There's a lot more than just "alphas on a trox" to this change.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast