Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man, things have changed......

Man, things have changed......

I stopped playing in August 2003, tried to log into my account in 2011. FC said they could not reset it so I could log in. So two weeks ago, I started a new account...but getting my old main Hemicrusher was still eating at my brain. I contacted FC again and went through a process of emailing my ID etc. Yesterday I got back in.

Well the account was hacked, and all my toons except two were deleted. Hemicrusher was in social clothes and had a pillow just so he could buff EOB. Luckily all my armor was in a backpack. So here I am in 2014 with circa 2003 armor and weapon. A mix of Azure and the stuff that Eel dropped, Heavy Notum Tank and my Enhanced Queen Blade.

I was considered pretty badass back then. Now I am a gimp.....and while talking to a new guild I joined that is going to fix me, I was buffing EOB at AOG and getting 1 or 2 gear inspections a minute. I got so many comments about how I was a gimp, to folks jazzed at seeing what we looked like back then.

Now is it my lack of understanding the current way the game works, but it looks to me you can pretty much build a nice Enforcer if you have creds? I am told, buy Ofab etc But back in 03, you had to raid a lot to get anything good. I tanked for a guild called Lost Chapter back then and did Mercenaries at least five times a week, including Eel etc. Even after 100+ Mercenaries raids, I was able to only get a helmet, one sleeve, chest, gloves and heavy notum tank. The rest came from Eel.

Now I am not complaining, because I got Hemicrusher back.....but damn, the game has changed.

You can buy some stuff, or the lootrights for it, but a lot of it is still obtained through actual gameplay. A lot of HUDs/UTILs/rings and such require either buying the lootrights or finishing the content. And yes, it's much different than it was back in the day, but you'll get used to it, and once you update some stuff you can start tanking and earning your own gear again.

I was in LC right before the exile merge, I remember seeing you back then, or whoever hacked you :/
    Still have to do the content unless you have creds, then you can just buy your way to elitism
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

At least you have an enforcer and not a MP or something. You stand a chance at being able to complete content without being babysat. As soon as you complete the Dustbrigade quests and are able to cast the nanos you get from it, you can tank pretty much anything. After that it's icing on the cake.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
    I was in LC right before the exile merge, I remember seeing you back then, or whoever hacked you :/
    Still have to do the content unless you have creds, then you can just buy your way to elitism
    I was in Exile! Whoo! Though I was on the other side, in Reborn. And then Exile got a pretty bad rep cause of people like Laureen. Those were the days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryptophy View Post
    At least you have an enforcer and not a MP or something.
    Low blow

Well I remember you, hope the "care package" helps a little get yourself some research and AI lvls and do your dailys (vp ones too) you'll catch up pretty fast.

As for those of us that remember when team missions where introduced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8F-cRBE93g

2002 lego movie stars heh.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    Well I remember you, hope the "care package" helps a little get yourself some research and AI lvls and do your dailys (vp ones too) you'll catch up pretty fast.

How have I never seen those?!
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Good luck mate
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryptophy View Post
    How have I never seen those?!
    The old thread for them is still in the archives, but these videos predate youtube, looks like someone had them and re uploaded them to you tube again.
    Dunno who you are that did that, but thanks.
    Last edited by Caloss2; Aug 4th, 2014 at 10:21:20.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

At least I have been logging in and out in the past twelve years xD Having eleven years of collected dust must be a paaaain.

But like others have said, at least it's an enf. First thing you're gonna want is to do DB quests, then bracers (Alba and DB [not DB3]) and then get some other items like Ring of Plausibility so you can get Betas on. After that you're gonna feel much much better about your enf and you're gonna have it easier collecting the rest of the end-game stuff you'll want.

Ohhhh crap, almost forgot about Research :/ You're gonna need a loooot of Inferno missions bro, and some questing. Garden/Sanctuary keys, zone quests (don't do Scheol, it's a PITA).

Good luck!
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Good luck mate
    We miss you, Kink! And DW. Saw you on the other day, but of course you were afk.

Quote Originally Posted by User1337 View Post
    At least I have been logging in and out in the past twelve years xD Having eleven years of collected dust must be a paaaain.

But like others have said, at least it's an enf. First thing you're gonna want is to do DB quests, then bracers (Alba and DB [not DB3]) and then get some other items like Ring of Plausibility so you can get Betas on. After that you're gonna feel much much better about your enf and you're gonna have it easier collecting the rest of the end-game stuff you'll want.

Ohhhh crap, almost forgot about Research :/ You're gonna need a loooot of Inferno missions bro, and some questing. Garden/Sanctuary keys, zone quests (don't do Scheol, it's a PITA).

Good luck!
    He's level 200, SL came out in 04, so still plenty of time to get research done while leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    He's level 200, SL came out in 04, so still plenty of time to get research done while leveling.
    True dat. Didn't do the time math. Still tho, he's not gonna have a whole lot of fun doing Research, not even the lines he'll need as priority
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!

Welcome Back 8) It's difficult but much easier then it used to be, hope you still enjoy the game 8)
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Quote Originally Posted by Herkulease View Post
    Welcome Back 8) It's difficult but much easier then it used to be, hope you still enjoy the game 8)
    I'd put it this way: in 2003 you needed to be in 1 of ~4 orgs to get Azure armor. In 2014 you just need an org with a small core of reliable players to get basically everything ingame. And if you don't want to do that, you can still join the raidbots and get it more slowly. Everything has been democratized, and I think it is for the better.

OMG it's Hemicrusher!
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post

Yeah....I appreciate the pack. Still waiting on the org invite...

The two toons that were not deleted were Hemicrusher and my 95 Fixer Hemicuda. Hemicrusher is such a gimp it is funny. I popped a mish at QL200 and was wiped. Back in 2003, same setup but with towers I did full missions. Now my Fixer with GAII can do 3/4 missions with ease. These are both 2003 setups.

I'll figure **** out.......

Quote Originally Posted by Glarawyn View Post
    OMG it's Hemicrusher!
    Now that is another old name.......

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
    According to my history....I quit AO on August 22, 2003. Two weeks later someone else logged in. Their last log was in 2005. I tried to log back in, in 2011 but could not. Contacted FC in 2012 and was told no way......

As for credits.....I was left with pretty much what I had in 03. Pretty sure I can buy anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemicrusher View Post
    As for credits.....I was left with pretty much what I had in 03. Pretty sure I can buy anything.
    You'd be surprised...You'll either have to farm creds or do the content unless you have upwards of 10b if we're counting buffing item lootrights in there.

I say you wear the armor. Notum + EQB = You bringing sexy back.
    - Ruken -... 18X Martial Artist
    - Khorak -.. 17X Enforcer
    - Kethis -... 17X Engineer
    - Equillian -... 16X Soldier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast