Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need three dailies back

Quote Originally Posted by vitriolic-v View Post
    Constantly firing people means replacement employees never get past the "trying to figure out what all the buttons do" stage. Yeah, sure, let's fire everyone. While we're at it, you should be fired from your job for every little mistake. Certainly every business can become a well-oiled machine by adhering to this strategy.

When I go to work, I'm not there for you. "My purpose" is not to "serve customers." I'm there to trade labor for money so that I can live. I'm being coerced by the threat of starvation. I will adjust my work as necessary to better help people who have legitimate needs and are paying real money (and/or if they're nice and attempt some kind of human connection rather than treating me like their slave -- which is funny, because they come in and treat people like that, but just an hour ago, they were on the other side, at their job; it's like they just forgot what it's like in one hour), but at no point is every person who comes through the door and flops down a dollar bill on the counter entitled to my time or my consideration.

Furthermore, trying to place upon a specific individual, a scapegoat, the blame for a fault in a product, its design ("balance") still fluctuating, produced by a whole team of people, some of whom aren't even still around, is both illogical and morally reprehensible. Sure does feel good to sacrifice a scapegoat, though, huh? Is it just because you don't have to deal with the fallout of doing your part to try and starve someone who doesn't deserve it?
    Being a director is all about responsibility and when the project you're assigned to doesn't show any progress, on the contrary it keeps getting worse, the fault lies on the director. That's how chain of command (and responsibility) works.
    Last edited by Pafpuf; Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:51:26.

daily missions are supposed to be once in a day thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Voiran View Post
    And games are supposed to be fun. Not a second job.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

And they were. Mine always showed an 18hour lock.

Also, the dailys are "supposed" to motivate people to sign up for BS. Looks like we traded one bad situation for an infinitely worse one.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

To me the worst thing they ever did was remove Ingots as a fix.

Thats when I lost faith in their decision making and trust in them, and then I got banned from the forums for posting it the huge discussion thread about it.

IIRC supposedly someone reported me for using *'s.. masked swear words are not allowed was the reason for my ban.

They could of gone many different routes but they chose to just remove them and call it problem solved.

It wasn't problem solved.. 220's just briefed without getting ingots while doing it.

The only other thing that wasn't a person issue is the closing of the $5 sl program.

Battlestationa desperateley need changing, last week I tried getting some kočls in TL 6 and 7 BS,. out of 7 days of prime time gameplay, I got only 220 BS to run once on friday. There I got plastered . Geez.

Three things need to change.

1 player equalisation

2 meaningful xp after each round

3 global announce of BS starting
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

while the 3 bs daily was in effect I could always jump into 220 BS now its just a pain, and it was made to be able to do it 3 times on purpose. Then someone figuring out how to do all 3 at once its such a huge deal that warrants screwing everyone else, which seems to be the problem solving around here. "Hey some kids figured out how to make DM do 30% of anything it hits!" "oh crap, well better replace it with a much worse nano, that does worse damage and has skills no-one can reach to even use it!" "oh someone figured out how to do 3 dailes at once instead of back to back(this saves very little time, a BS round isnt -that- long)" well screw everyone else and let them do one a day, since BS is so popular.

Ofab is a great choice for leveling, and a gap before you get some serious endgame gear, but the amount of points needed for a set of ql 300 is off the charts compared to what it takes to get said points. I think its like 100kvp ish for a full set with back/shoulders, the utter ridiculous amount of time to obtain that many vp you could easily farm enough money for 300 cc/css whatever you want.

The amount given needs to be drastically increased, or is this circling back to the fact it costs about 125 bucks to buy 100kvp from the item store, so they don't want you do get it easily? VP is a damn joke in my mind

ao pvp needs bolstering.

This just came to me too, I think they took away 3 dailies to force people to buy VP packages from item store.

Someone mentioned earlier how a full set of sold ofab is like what....100k+ easily......how does Funcom expect any to farm that much now?
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

ofab is very decent armor this is why you need to put your back into it!
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

Quote Originally Posted by Difs View Post
    ofab is very decent armor this is why you need to put your back into it!
    I think you missed the point. People are not asking for VP acquisition to be made easier, they are pointing out that BS no longer runs meaning there is no opportunity to grind VP for OFAB no matter how much effort they are prepared to put in.

To give an example, several months back I ran BS multiple times a night for several weeks to earn all the OFAB I needed on my shade, post daily nerf, I can't chain run BS to work for VP any more.
    Last edited by nat3s; Aug 5th, 2014 at 21:25:24.
    Defrag 220 Crat
    Chuckle 220 Doctor
    Nates 220 Shade
    Magnite 219 Enf
    Chipbutty 212 Fixer

Most pf people did run on e (like these days) but they did all 3 missions the same time
    Dont think this changes much... It's just the population lower and lower, that's why bs wont start anymore

I personally had no idea the 3 BS dailies could be completed at once, I would compete in 3 separate BS to complete my dailies. I think there were others like me that were also running 3 separate BS a day to complete their dailies. In my mind it was those of us doing 3 BS that were keeping the queue popping all evening.

I would like to see Funcom bring back the 3 dailies but fix the bug that meant they could be completed at once. Makes people have to run BS 3 times a day, this will keep the queue popping.
    Defrag 220 Crat
    Chuckle 220 Doctor
    Nates 220 Shade
    Magnite 219 Enf
    Chipbutty 212 Fixer

Population is not as low as battlestations are unpopular. As a bandaid fix battlestations should give some xp, that would bring people in that would otherwise be leveling. Also give pvp toons a source of research xp.

Without something like that why would anyone play them right now? Chances are... for no reason and that's why they are empty.

Real pvpers duel around borealis or do towers. PvMers have absolutely no reason to join an odd BS round.

Until people have a reason to join a round, there wont be any rounds. (VP is not a reason 1k runs what 2mil? you can make 2mil easily while waiting for that round to happen)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesmith View Post
    Until people have a reason to join a round, there wont be any rounds. (VP is not a reason 1k runs what 2mil? you can make 2mil easily while waiting for that round to happen)
    1k VP was 2mil when BS was runing often. Now I doubt that anybody will sell them at this price.
    If BS continue to be ignored by most people you can expect the price to go up to 5m or even 10m per 1k ...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    1k VP was 2mil when BS was runing often. Now I doubt that anybody will sell them at this price.
    If BS continue to be ignored by most people you can expect the price to go up to 5m or even 10m per 1k ...
    Yeah, either this or people will completely stop selling them. I, for example, wouldn't sell any of the VPs I have laying around on toons atm, for some irrelevant creds I can make also pretty easy by looting something somewhere. Simply because the VP source is practically gone, except for the other dailies, which give 1,5k on 220. Which is ridiculous. With that reward it would take 2 months to get a fullset ql300 OFAB. Provided that you do it every day.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Quote Originally Posted by nat3s View Post
    I would like to see Funcom bring back the 3 dailies but fix the bug that meant they could be completed at once.
    They fixed it so you could do only one bs each run but in a week or so they removed the 3 bs/day

me and my friends left ao because BS isn't runing any more .. I only play to do towers,BS and duels .. it's sad to see AO without active pvpers

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy1 View Post
    Far too many to name.....
    he asked for 2.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast