Thread: IRRK Freelance: Omni-Tek employee found dead after suspected overdose

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK Freelance: Omni-Tek employee found dead after suspected overdose

IRRK Freelance: Omni-Tek employee found dead after suspected overdose
    July 23rd, 29488 - Tory Lenes

Borealis – Dr. Yavius Tarel (85) has been found dead at his summer residence in Borealis.

The 288th century Corporate Literature professor was found at the property by emergency services at 2:52 PM RKST, and it is believed Tarel's death was due to an overdose.

Tarel was apparently 'beyond help' when paramedics arrived, according to IRRK sources. Sources have also claimed Tarel's death was due to a drug overdose. A statement from Tarel's university department read: "We are deeply saddened at the loss of such a formidable and influential voice in the field of Corporate Literature. Our thoughts go out to Dr. Tarel's family and friends at this time."

At a brief on-scene press conference, a spokesperson for the Borealis Coroner's Office said: "We are aware of reports of a suspected drugs overdose, but I would to remind the press that no post-mortem analysis has taken place, and it would be inappropriate to speculate as to the cause of death. At this stage, it is being treated as unexplained."

So what happened to his Insurance? was it cancelled? was there a reclaim error? or did this overdose somehow managed to cause permadeath?
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Insurance can often fail for the young or elderly, working almost certainly from the age of 21 and fading from the 60s and 70s. Only by exceptional care can one extend one's longevity far beyond that.

I hope that the ICC in Borealis will be able to find the cause of this unexplained death.
    Andrew Phillips
    Omni-Reform
    Truth is Power

Clan Envoy of the Omni Organisation Committee
    Reporter for the Omni-Tek Press Corp

I hope so too. Cases involving unexplained permadeath worry me intensely. I'm sure its nothing but i'll feel better once i know the facts
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet