Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: GRACE: FAQ & Information

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Until the regional pricing differences are rectified, this is just going to make buying the item in EU zones utterly pointless.
    Correct, because sure as eggs is eggs we won't stop telling others about this issue.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

How is this not a gold farmer mega win? Current high price is 3.6b. Most are 2.5b-ish

Quote Originally Posted by Literary View Post
    How is this not a gold farmer mega win? Current high price is 3.6b. Most are 2.5b-ish
    Well a few weeks ago when I last saw a credit spammer, they were selling 1billion credits for about $13USD. If someone is about to pay $15USD and get 2-3 times the credits all while using a Funcom sanction method.. why would they go to the gold/credit farmers?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Good point. Otoh, spammers can adjust their prices and now have an easier method of getting credits.

Definitely will force some adjustments by the credit spammers - they won't go away but will make things a good bit tougher and less profitable for them.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

On the one hand its sad that its come to this (not for AO in particular but for MMOs in general). On the other i guess its better the company get the money and not some gold seller
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

One GRACE (lets have a thread on what that stands for) is for myself in UK £13.59 (at time of posting this).

Credit spammers we know who they are, and I have checked out of curiosity (no I would never hand over my bank/card details to people/websites like that) sell 1bill game creds for in UK money £7.73 (whether or not you get ripped off and no creds materialize another reason I'd never use them)

So if GRACE is selling for at last check 3bill sounds great to me in the UK.

I really don't need creds right now, after playing since 2001 I've got a few put by honestly.
    But if I did want them, then this is where I would get them, and FC get some cash out of it into the bargain. win/win I say.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

It's win/win for sure but it isn't much. The whole GRACE plan is contingent on players buying subscription time with in game credits. How many active players are there, and how many would actually choose to use ingame credits? It seems safe to assume this isn't going to hurt cred seller business in the slightest, and I highly doubt they have to change their pricing.

Furthermore, the pricing is all speculative right now anyway, being only available one day, and the demand's going to be unnaturally high since it only just became available. After everyone who is going to has bought their next month's membership sales will dry up, prices will drop, and we'll have a clearer picture of how many credits you can realistically get through selling GRACE in the GMI vs. buying from a credit seller.
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Defenders of Rubi Ka (PvM)
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by literary View Post
    first buy orders are up, 3 or 4 of them....and 5 min later, 10+ more orders. The sleaze bag jerks are there with the 1 cred, 10 cred ones, a few in the 20m's and 1.1 to 1.45billion ones.

clear this up....is there a min ingame credit for g.r.a.c.e.?

Or people can put in 1 cred-10mill credit in "buy" order and someone accidently hit "sale" on his/her grace and it's sold for 1mil???

No accidental sale like what gmi is set up atm ^_^
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Can I use GRACE on a free account?
    Free accounts do not have access to the market and can't use GRACE If you have a free account you will need to upgrade the account to a paying account first. After upgrading you can pay for your subscription fully using only GRACE if you so choose.

Hm, well I was about to do that sell GRACE to froobs, but how can it be done? Upgrade, and pay for account first month? or how?

In any case good job funcom! Give more and more options to players. Finaly a farm to play method. I can see froobs going paid now and farming stuff... for subs. awesome.!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

there is no minimum, Like I said, the sleaze bags already have their 1,5,10 cred buy orders up just like they do for Ql300 combined armors for 1 cred...but FC did put in a confirmation yes/no pop-up sometime ago. You have to be in a hurry/distracted to get to an "Oh NO!" moment. (that split second after you click )

Quote Originally Posted by Byste View Post
    It's win/win for sure but it isn't much. The whole GRACE plan is contingent on players buying subscription time with in game credits. How many active players are there, and how many would actually choose to use ingame credits? It seems safe to assume this isn't going to hurt cred seller business in the slightest, and I highly doubt they have to change their pricing.

Furthermore, the pricing is all speculative right now anyway, being only available one day, and the demand's going to be unnaturally high since it only just became available. After everyone who is going to has bought their next month's membership sales will dry up, prices will drop, and we'll have a clearer picture of how many credits you can realistically get through selling GRACE in the GMI vs. buying from a credit seller.
    Yeah spot on there, the market will settle it's self on a price and that supply and demand will keep changing. I was simply speaking as in right here right now terms. You clearly know as well as I do a live market is always changing.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

I just created 2 buy orders for 1b each. currently the GMI price is 1.2
    Truth is my sub runs out on both accounts tomorrow noon, and i wasn't planning on renewing for various reasons.
    I believe 1b for 1 month is more than fair. And it will keep me in the game, that means 2 months of sub went to FC, where i wasn't going to pay them anymore.

From my point of new the system works, and it brings extra revenue to FC.

Given my two buy orders will be fulfilled till tomorrow, see you in game
    Been here, done this...
    Time to move on...

Any plans to make it possible to use GRACE on an inactive account?
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jul 23rd, 2014 at 20:27:53.
    You can find me at:

Quote Originally Posted by Literary View Post
    Good point. Otoh, spammers can adjust their prices and now have an easier method of getting credits.
    I don't think it'd be very profitable to pay funcom $ to get GRACE, sell it ingame for credits, then sell credits to players for more $ than you gave in the first place.

Were you thinking of something else?
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    I don't think it'd be very profitable to pay funcom $ to get GRACE, sell it ingame for credits, then sell credits to players for more $ than you gave in the first place.

Were you thinking of something else?
    But wouldn't this mean that FC will get their money anyway and the cred sellers will get less profit since a large % of the investment is buying the GRACE?
    Been here, done this...
    Time to move on...

The general idea was not bad, but implementation (as always with FC) sux.
    I wonder how long will it take to remove it from the game because of various exploits
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Khrystanna View Post
    But wouldn't this mean that FC will get their money anyway and the cred sellers will get less profit since a large % of the investment is buying the GRACE?
    Except credit sellers wouldn't gain anything by buying GRACE, since players can rather pay Funcom that amount of $ for GRACE.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Except credit sellers wouldn't gain anything by buying GRACE, since players can rather pay Funcom that amount of $ for GRACE.
    As a paying subscriber I pay FC for subscription and thats it.
    I will never ever pay FC to buy GRACE because it is quite stupid.
    The idea to pay $ for GRACE in order to sell it for ingame credits is plain stupid because I (and majority of long time subscribers) do not need credits ...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    As a paying subscriber I pay FC for subscription and thats it.
    I will never ever pay FC to buy GRACE because it is quite stupid.
    The idea to pay $ for GRACE in order to sell it for ingame credits is plain stupid because I (and majority of long time subscribers) do not need credits ...
    In the current climate where exploiting and speaking about eula violations no longer gets you shunned by the general population, I've discovered that quite a few people buy credits. A few are vets but most are people that have played less than 5 years. Believe it or not, there's quite a few of those around.
    You can find me at:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast