Thread: Thinking of resubbing

Thinking of resubbing

Been away for 6 months, thinking of resubbing but there are a lot of threads around which carry a bit of a doom & gloom message on the current state of the game. Would anyone mind confirming how the game is in terms of the following please (my primary activities in AO):

• BS PvP (150, 200 and 220 brackets)
    • Tower wars
    • Tara!!
    • Iraid raiding

I logged one of my bank chars and checked the GMI, the 2.5bil per 300 CC piece, is that accurate?

Cheers
    Defrag 220 Crat
    Chuckle 220 Doctor
    Nates 220 Shade
    Magnite 219 Enf
    Chipbutty 212 Fixer

The x3 reward was removed from BS, it seldom runs queues for 220 BS take days, or hours on weekends. search forums for BS threads.
    No possible fix for multi box, most of the clan pvpers quit game. Lowbie twinks at bases are about all that happens now.
    Tara is the same, nobody cares bots dominate.
    Can't comment on Iraid, never used it.
    2.5b for CC is not a real price and nobody with a brain would pay that. check buy orders.
    Last edited by Caloss2; Jul 20th, 2014 at 08:56:07.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Since World Cup is over Iraid seems a little more active again, but from what I see it mainly happens during US evenings.

As for the rest, I agree with Caloss2.
    BS is pretty much dead and very often bugged from what I've heard. As in you might end up collecting trash in Bore.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

US evenings? Ouch, being a UK resident that's disappointing. I work 9-5 so raiding any later than 9pm GMT (3pm ish east coast US) is out of the question.

I read about the removal of the x3 reward, seems odd as I remember it being opened up by Means (I think it was) several years back to boost participation. I thought 200 and 150 BS would be an occasional thing but I didn't expect 220 to have gone that way. How annoying. Have Funcom introduced alternative ways to purchase VP items/gear when they removed the x3 daily?
    Defrag 220 Crat
    Chuckle 220 Doctor
    Nates 220 Shade
    Magnite 219 Enf
    Chipbutty 212 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by nat3s View Post
    US evenings? Ouch, being a UK resident that's disappointing. I work 9-5 so raiding any later than 9pm GMT (3pm ish east coast US) is out of the question.

I read about the removal of the x3 reward, seems odd as I remember it being opened up by Means (I think it was) several years back to boost participation. I thought 200 and 150 BS would be an occasional thing but I didn't expect 220 to have gone that way. How annoying. Have Funcom introduced alternative ways to purchase VP items/gear when they removed the x3 daily?

In a word no, Genele posted that she thought it was wrong to earn xp from the minors and tower tagg missions, and also that the x3 reward was a "bugg" and was removing all of them.

It is not a popular decision, and caused more people to close their accounts :/ hopefully the next GD will reverse it.
    Last edited by Caloss2; Jul 20th, 2014 at 10:33:34.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Same. I'm from Germany and I need a lot of patience to get some fun or even items. It's not that raids only happen during US evenings, but when I go online and check the raid history the most raids happen in the middle of the night.
    But it's not actually that people don't join the group, just the other day 70 people were online, and I think about 8 RLs but no one started a raid, so..

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2
    It is not a popular decision, and caused more people to close their accounts :/ hopefully the next GD will reverse it.
    I don't think reversing is the best choice here. I never actually liked how you could just hand in 3 dailies at once. 3 dailies per day with a lock of 30-60 minutes each time seems a lot more reasonable to me and would benefit the activity on BS throughout the day a lot. But anyway this is not the right thread for that I guess.

But it's not actually that people don't join the group, just the other day 70 people were online, and I think about 8 RLs but no one started a raid, so..
    Sounds like the 8 RLs are possibly all US based? Maybe the team behind it just needs to promote an EU RL? 70 people is promising though, sounds like pop is ok.

I don't think reversing is the best choice here. I never actually liked how you could just hand in 3 dailies at once.
    Unless I'm missing something you couldn't hand them in all at once, you had to do 3 separate BS runs (1 for each daily)?

Will resub and see how things are.

Thanks
    Defrag 220 Crat
    Chuckle 220 Doctor
    Nates 220 Shade
    Magnite 219 Enf
    Chipbutty 212 Fixer

Sounds like the 8 RLs are possibly all US based? Maybe the team behind it just needs to promote an EU RL? 70 people is promising though, sounds like pop is ok.
    Maybe someone from EU needs to volunteer.

Unless I'm missing something you couldn't hand them in all at once, you had to do 3 separate BS runs (1 for each daily)?
    You could, you just needed to pile them up in your mission window. Means do 1 daily the first day, 1 the 2nd and 1 the 3rd and you had three at once. Then you go handing them in et voilà, hand in three dailies, get three new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    You could, you just needed to pile them up in your mission window. Means do 1 daily the first day, 1 the 2nd and 1 the 3rd and you had three at once. Then you go handing them in et voilà, hand in three dailies, get three new ones.
    What I've never understood is, isn't that still 3 dailys over 3 days, i.e. less xp/time than just doing 3 per day?
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Quote Originally Posted by Tryptophy View Post
    What I've never understood is, isn't that still 3 dailys over 3 days, i.e. less xp/time than just doing 3 per day?
    No, it's 3 dailies each day.
    It's been a long time since I've been on bs so forgive me when I confuse it now, but:

Day 1: get mish, go BS, hand mish in, get new mish, do not go bs again - wait for 18hr timer to run out
    Day 2: get mish, you now have two in your window, go bs, hand both in, get new mish, but again don't go bs - wait for timer
    Day 3: get mish, you now have three in your window, go bs, hand all three in, get new mish, wait for next day
    Day 4: get mish, you will again have three, go bs, hand three in, get new mish, wait for next day
    Day 5: same as Day 4
    etc etc

So you were not getting more or less xp/sk, you just saved a lot of time.
    Last edited by Baby; Jul 21st, 2014 at 12:46:58.

If Baby's description is correct, I can see why there was a concern - not that you could turn in three per day, but that you could get credit for three by doing one BS. The solution is still a mess, though. A BS lockout ("You have already accepted this mission. Please complete it before speaking to me again,") would have made more sense.

As an aside, Baby, I would submit that folks got less XP/SK per week using this method. In the first week one woul get credit for 18 BSs, rather than 21 if they'd done them all. Of course, the XP/SK per BS is much, much higher with this method....
    Last edited by Gorathon; Jul 21st, 2014 at 13:26:38.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    As an aside, Baby, I would submit that folks got less XP/SK per week using this method. In the first week one woul get credit for 18 BSs, rather than 21 if they'd done them all. Of course, the XP/SK per BS is much, much higher with this method....
    Not exactly, you only "lost" 3 rewards the first week, because you only need to pile them up once. That's 2 the first day and 1 the second.
    When you then consider that a lot of people who did this the normal way couldn't complete all three dailies a day, due to inactive BS and also time issues (RL always gets in the way) afterall, you were better off doing it this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    If Baby's description is correct, I can see why there was a concern - not that you could turn in three per day, but that you could get credit for three by doing one BS. The solution is still a mess, though. A BS lockout ("You have already accepted this mission. Please complete it before speaking to me again,") would have made more sense.
    True, there were so many options fixing this without ruining BS completely, but this is how the staff now fixes things: Doing things for the sake of doing things.

Given the lack of BS I reconsidered resubbing. Giving DAOC another go instead.

Thanks for comments all.
    Defrag 220 Crat
    Chuckle 220 Doctor
    Nates 220 Shade
    Magnite 219 Enf
    Chipbutty 212 Fixer