Thread: IRRK: Omni-Med warehouse robbed

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: Omni-Med warehouse robbed

IRRK: Omni-Med warehouse robbed
    July 19th, 29488 [Global]

Brazen thieves made off with drugs of an unidentified type from an Omni-Med warehouse facility in Milky Way yesterday.

As if taken from an action holofilm, the thieves reportedly disabled the facility's alarms and surveillance, entered through underground air ducts and came away unnoticed from the warehouse that stores a large variety of Omni-Med pharmaceutical products. Sources within the facility claim the theft was only discovered this morning because there was no record of forced entry in the security system.

"It seems like a very sophisticated and well-planned theft. The thieves were clearly going for a target," said Edward Bell, an independent criminal investigator, when asked for an early analysis based on the few facts and reports IRRK has available at this time. "They likely compressed dozens of crates of the drugs they had in mind and came away either by a beacon warp or via the grid," he continued.

The warehouse is on the same compound as a high security production facility which produces confidential technology for Omni-Com and not far from an Omni-Reform research facility, though the buildings are not connected.

Omni-Med spokesperson Carolyn Barrett confirms there was an unauthorized entry in the facility, but that nothing of value was stolen. "Omni-Med's warehouses are sectioned and there were only vitamins and battlefield dressings in the storage space in question. Regardless, we have of course alerted Omni-Pol of the theft and are confident the case will be solved promptly and the perpetrators found."

Omni-pol schmuck carpet blames the Clans for this in 5.....4....3....2....
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Clearly the work of Clan members!

Omni-Pol will find the perpetrators and dispense punishment!
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

With the Clans being responsible for the last major theft of Omni goods, Pol would hardly be at fault for assuming them responsible for this one.

However, I understand that Chief Wright, who is leading the investigation, has not laid blame on any particular group and there is an ongoing investigation into the incident.
    Andrew Phillips
    Omni-Reform
    Truth is Power

Clan Envoy of the Omni Organisation Committee
    Reporter for the Omni-Tek Press Corp

I dunno, this seems a little small-time for a clan operation. Unless there was something else entirely being stored at that warehouse...
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Thieves can come from anywhere. The disenfranchised are also naturally adept at being unnoticed and slipping into the cracks of societies. I know thieves that were former JAME employees, so you can throw pretty much all stereotypes to the wind.

But, its just easier to get everyone looking our way and blasting us about it. In the meantime, whomever did the deed is still inside your walls, doing their thing, and they might be people we don't even know, care, or like.

I get called a bad guy by Omni-tek all the time, and most of the time I'm in my lab or at work - and BLAM. Dr. Towerblock is a terrorist! CLAN scum! JERKFACE!

And the worst thing I could have been accused was leave a wet towel on my bathroom floor that day, stayed up really late watching Nippontek Anime Holos, or playing a game in my underpants. But, secretly I slip into my secret CLAN hideout, and make secret CLAN bombs, to strap on little CLAN children, who sneak into the CLAN underground to show up in OMNI warehouses where nothing important is stored, to blow up said CLAN bomb in OMNI property.

And so on and so forth. YAWN.

No one can take a proverbial s**t in peace anymore. It has to be a clan conspiracy.

EDIT: Funny how Omni-troll is supposed to be the experts on investigation, but when has any of them ever brought up any real evidence for public review on public matters?
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Thieves can indeed come from anywhere. Stereotypes reflect only a perceived trend.

An excellent first step to bettering relations would be for Clans to renounce criminal activity, or, if at first not all, theft, in this case.

While the largest planetary opposition group to Omni-Tek continues not to reject such methods, and given the long catalogue of past thefts, it is difficult to fault anyone for wishing to place them under scrutiny, to rule them out before considering fringe groups.

We do not subscribe to the idea of children being terrorists, as they are not responsible for their background or education.

As a free and intelligent adult, you have chosen to be a Clansman, whatever may take up the most of your time. It is a free choice not forced upon you, entailing your support to oppose Omni-Tek, and something people rightly take into account.

For the most part, unless people cede their rights to abandon their cause by enlisting in the military, intelligence services or similar occupations, one's alignment is one's own free, mature choice. It is only right that it be laden with meaning.

You are welcome to examine the evidence that Clans were responsible for the Notum theft in Bliss if you wish.
    Andrew Phillips
    Omni-Reform
    Truth is Power

Quote Originally Posted by Encyros View Post

An excellent first step to bettering relations would be for Clans to renounce criminal activity, or, if at first not all, theft, in this case.
    As man who has betrayed, lied, and backstabbed his way around our people unashamedly, I am going to have to decline on your notion on what is considered first steps toward peace.

Also, I'd propose that a certain Board of Directors would have to understand that your concepts of Theft and Criminality are not the same as our concepts. Our two systems of law and justice are not respectively egalitarian.

And, to go that one step further, I'd propose that if you want to make peace with us, you'd stop assuming were all criminals in the first place.

And one MORE step further, would be to understand that we as a whole have no intention of making peace on the hopes of actually joining Omni-tek. We want no part of that. Our nations together cannot function politically, civilly, nor economically and the last several thousand years of Rubi-kaan history has proven that.

Integration of separate social systems would have to be vigorously engaged, and entered with the idea of mutual and equal benefit. I'm saying this could happen, and I'd be all for it. But, I'm not the one you would have to convince. But first and foremost, we would both have to put down our weapons and inspire trust. Xavier Humboldt had a similar dream, and worked with you lot very closely. There is no reason why that flag can't be picked up by another.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

It was always held by another; Ruth Montezuma, leader of New Dawn, and there is no question we worked with her as best we could, when others had locked her away, preventing her from speaking the truth, yet failing to prevent at least two attempts on her life during captivity.

I am not studied in the past millennia, though the conflict between Omni-Tek and the Clans has lasted seven hundred years, a very long time indeed. If we are to be hobbled by history and stifled by su****ion then we shall arrive nowhere. My deeds and yours are nothing compared with those of the public figures on both sides who would negotiate any settlement, each with long histories in their role.

If you burden their authority by labels of their past actions, it serves only as an excuse for war. Peace is not an accounting, it is an Accord.

We have shown that we can work together against SOL, the Aliens, the Dust Brigade, and Bahirae. We have shown that where necessary our economies mesh remarkably well, in our notum exportation. Behind the rhetoric there lies a lot of common ground.
    Last edited by Encyros; Jul 22nd, 2014 at 06:53:33.
    Andrew Phillips
    Omni-Reform
    Truth is Power

We have shown that we can work together against SOL, the Aliens, the Dust Brigade, and Bahirae. We have shown that where necessary our economies mesh remarkably well, in our notum exportation. Behind the rhetoric there lies a lot of common ground.
    Oh so true, if only more people on both sides would remember this!
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

If you burden their authority by labels of their past actions, it serves only as an excuse for war. Peace is not an accounting, it is an Accord.

I'm hearing what you are saying, and it challenged me to agree. But, speaking that kinda truth is one thing, engaging that in earnest at all times is certainly another. We would need to see quite a bit more common ground than whats available before I start blanket trusting Omni-tek citizens on a humbug.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...