Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Summer NW campaign.

Summer NW campaign.

So.. there's been one for as long as I can remember. How's it going this year?

sorry, we're doing the campaign on other games this year
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

Wut about next year?

Next year is new engine, so maybe ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Metafizis View Post
    Next year is new engine, so maybe ?
    lol "next year"

Quote Originally Posted by metafizis View Post
    next year is new engine, so maybe ?

this :d
    Forever yours. Otmoz.

Duel/solo stats can be faked. Side xp cant be. TL7 nw for life

My post is going to unavoidably contain a lot of brackets, but I can't see a way around that...

For any earlier, you'd better ask Luckie or Dimm, but talking about post-2005 RK1 here (the server that historically matters when it comes to NW (my post is going to be so popular now, isn't it?)) and not drawing away from the fact that this game is now well and truly deader than dead and running on "keep vein open" numbers.... but, to be fair I thought it'd be interesting to highlight that there were no summer campaigns of significance in 2007 or 2008 despite the game still then being actively marketed, very active and regular, genuine content still being released (this is basically my point, if the rest of the post is tl;dr) - FC weren't yet in "milk the teet" mode then. Oh dear, I'm going to have to turn this into a history lesson now to put this in context. That lack of activity on the true NW-ing server during those periods is testament to how much LE and the OS+SB changes ruined NW to a blistering degree on the 1 server which had a previously properly contested (by factions with depth) NW arena (once again, I know I'm potentially gonna be jumped on for this by the gangs of carebears who wouldn't know a great NW fight if a video of one smacked them on the forehead, but im sorry, 40 vs 40 wars in EU primetime during AO's peak active years do not count). And to go from being so ruined, to 100% fixed (in early 2009 if I recall?), as soon as FC fixed the ridiculous OS+SB mechanics, is also testament to the strength and attraction of NW as the single most important feature of the game.

So, going back in time to Omni's strong 2006 takeover, Clan went emo, quit, joined Spartans, farmed Pande, whatever you wanna put it down to, and Omnis had a free ride between 06-09 (containing the 2 summers I mentioned), only really being tested with a few decent winter Marxgorm rallies and a half-hearted easter effort from Hacre (along with a few other highly prolific but ultimately comedy-attempts by Toboexxx and the like), until 2009 when Clan finally united (I largely put this down to the 30 active Spartans members, who on creation had gutted about 4 other orgs of power-status, turning their attention from Pande to actual PvP again) and Tnet brought the business and a 2005-like unit, containing not just the hardcore PvPers and newly reinstated power-orgs (Storm, Spartans, AR, Instability, etc) but the ride-along point-farming PvMers from all the fringe orgs which you need, as well as everyone else and their cousin to produce a consistent outfit of 100+ raiders - and that force underneath good leadership was the ingredients for a successful Clan summer campaign.

Just for the record, and a reminder (note: omnis never like to face this fact, but) 2009-2011 on RK1 which was for the vast majority a clan reign was the most contested and difficult period any side has ever had to defend in the history on AO on any server, and it was also the most enjoyable, probably for both sides, with, at times, daily NW fights which exceeded 100 vs 100 Taras, NWs and even hijacking each other's 42s. Eventually, following the hype leading upto; and the unfortunate release of the failure that is SWTOR and a whole host of other terrible MMOs, AO lost it's depth in activity once more due to nothing but age and unfulfilled promises by FC, and the population became noticeably very thin and on a downward spiral particularly in 2012, Omni retook towers fair and square.. only for the server merge to bring approximately 6 months more of complete Clan dominance when the game had a surge in activity due to a combination of the RK1+RK2 server merge AND the honeymoon period of oldschoolers reactivating as a direct symptom of that merge. But as true as everyone predicted, that short era died a death, people quit again with not enough content or remodelling to sustain our interest and we're back now to the pre-merge thinning which will continue on a downward spiral until 2018, where NW will be about who can be botherered to get a DD team to solo a defenceless QL300 base for 6 hours.

I left out any elaboration on the current state of NW, which centres on the joke that is multi-boxing, but that's because I feel it's not even worth a second thought. It essentially "doesn't count" and won't be remembered by anyone who's being objectively serious enough to reflect back on the great fun and uniqueness of NW which made AO the game it was.

BS might not run at all anymore, but it's probably got more life and credibility about it than NW right now, which is beyond dead. To put it bluntly, NW is currently 6 feet underground, had its funeral, and members of Punk (now a sorry and embarrassing collective shadow of the great Tranq org it claims to be a reincarnation of) and similar orgs are urinating on its grave. It would take a miracle to resurrect Tower PVP to its former glory days - probably a revolution in game mechanics, content release and relevant marketing which would cost FC more money than its worth - as unfortunately the few hundred gamers whose nostalgia would be appeased by such a change will not translate into profit for the amount of funds this would cost the developers.

So, in summary, RIP NW, the memories are great, but really we can't blame FC for making the most of the victory lap anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Solox View Post
    My post is going to unavoidably contain a lot of brackets, but I can't see a way around that...

For any earlier, you'd better ask Luckie or Dimm, but talking about post-2005 RK1 here (the server that historically matters when it comes to NW (my post is going to be so popular now, isn't it?)) and not drawing away from the fact that this game is now well and truly deader than dead and running on "keep vein open" numbers.... but, to be fair I thought it'd be interesting to highlight that there were no summer campaigns of significance in 2007 or 2008 despite the game still then being actively marketed, very active and regular, genuine content still being released (this is basically my point, if the rest of the post is tl;dr) - FC weren't yet in "milk the teet" mode then. Oh dear, I'm going to have to turn this into a history lesson now to put this in context. That lack of activity on the true NW-ing server during those periods is testament to how much LE and the OS+SB changes ruined NW to a blistering degree on the 1 server which had a previously properly contested (by factions with depth) NW arena (once again, I know I'm potentially gonna be jumped on for this by the gangs of carebears who wouldn't know a great NW fight if a video of one smacked them on the forehead, but im sorry, 40 vs 40 wars in EU primetime during AO's peak active years do not count). And to go from being so ruined, to 100% fixed (in early 2009 if I recall?), as soon as FC fixed the ridiculous OS+SB mechanics, is also testament to the strength and attraction of NW as the single most important feature of the game.

So, going back in time to Omni's strong 2006 takeover, Clan went emo, quit, joined Spartans, farmed Pande, whatever you wanna put it down to, and Omnis had a free ride between 06-09 (containing the 2 summers I mentioned), only really being tested with a few decent winter Marxgorm rallies and a half-hearted easter effort from Hacre (along with a few other highly prolific but ultimately comedy-attempts by Toboexxx and the like), until 2009 when Clan finally united (I largely put this down to the 30 active Spartans members, who on creation had gutted about 4 other orgs of power-status, turning their attention from Pande to actual PvP again) and Tnet brought the business and a 2005-like unit, containing not just the hardcore PvPers and newly reinstated power-orgs (Storm, Spartans, AR, Instability, etc) but the ride-along point-farming PvMers from all the fringe orgs which you need, as well as everyone else and their cousin to produce a consistent outfit of 100+ raiders - and that force underneath good leadership was the ingredients for a successful Clan summer campaign.

Just for the record, and a reminder (note: omnis never like to face this fact, but) 2009-2011 on RK1 which was for the vast majority a clan reign was the most contested and difficult period any side has ever had to defend in the history on AO on any server, and it was also the most enjoyable, probably for both sides, with, at times, daily NW fights which exceeded 100 vs 100 Taras, NWs and even hijacking each other's 42s. Eventually, following the hype leading upto; and the unfortunate release of the failure that is SWTOR and a whole host of other terrible MMOs, AO lost it's depth in activity once more due to nothing but age and unfulfilled promises by FC, and the population became noticeably very thin and on a downward spiral particularly in 2012, Omni retook towers fair and square.. only for the server merge to bring approximately 6 months more of complete Clan dominance when the game had a surge in activity due to a combination of the RK1+RK2 server merge AND the honeymoon period of oldschoolers reactivating as a direct symptom of that merge. But as true as everyone predicted, that short era died a death, people quit again with not enough content or remodelling to sustain our interest and we're back now to the pre-merge thinning which will continue on a downward spiral until 2018, where NW will be about who can be botherered to get a DD team to solo a defenceless QL300 base for 6 hours.

I left out any elaboration on the current state of NW, which centres on the joke that is multi-boxing, but that's because I feel it's not even worth a second thought. It essentially "doesn't count" and won't be remembered by anyone who's being objectively serious enough to reflect back on the great fun and uniqueness of NW which made AO the game it was.

BS might not run at all anymore, but it's probably got more life and credibility about it than NW right now, which is beyond dead. To put it bluntly, NW is currently 6 feet underground, had its funeral, and members of Punk (now a sorry and embarrassing collective shadow of the great Tranq org it claims to be a reincarnation of) and similar orgs are urinating on its grave. It would take a miracle to resurrect Tower PVP to its former glory days - probably a revolution in game mechanics, content release and relevant marketing which would cost FC more money than its worth - as unfortunately the few hundred gamers whose nostalgia would be appeased by such a change will not translate into profit for the amount of funds this would cost the developers.

So, in summary, RIP NW, the memories are great, but really we can't blame FC for making the most of the victory lap anymore.
    tl;dr excuses for some of the times rk1 clan lost control of tl7 nw and Punk hate

What's wrong with hating Punk?

Some of us actually liked to PVP.

If you nitwits didn't ruin it, we'd still have a game.
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Jul 21st, 2014 at 00:29:23.

I guess that depends on one's own opinion of when nw was actually ruined.

Do you have any more information to make your rebuttal a point worth considering?

Or are you just flapping your tongue in the wind?

How apt that the person least qualified to pass judgement on an NW topic, does so while admitting not even reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    I guess that depends on one's own opinion of when nw was actually ruined.
    Actual fair comment. So elaborate, at which point in time do you think it was?

In my opinion ? From it's inception, it's a very bad mass pvp mechanic.

Objectively speaking; nw isn't completely dead, it slowly degenerated like everything else has in AO to the point of very low activity. NW has been dealt heavy blows in the past from both sides (funcom helped too) and the losing side always looked for excuses why they lost, feelings have been hurt and people quit claiming this and that killed notum wars. What was worse, when fights went from 200v200 to 150v150 or when they went from 150v150 to 100v100? Or down to 50v50? 12v12? (I'm aware that numbers were never even but that's beside the point) I still see people attacking every day, they certainly can't say it's dead. When there's absolutely no more attacking then it's dead. Until then, yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion man.

Hating an entire organization, most of it's members you (broad) know nothing about, because you dislike the actions of one player immediately marks that opinion as biased and we all know that prejudice is an unreasonable state of mind. edit: Funny thing prejudice is, I remember leveling a char with your buddy Rhapsody without revealing who I am, we actually had normal conversation and he laughed at my jokes.
    Last edited by Pafpuf; Jul 21st, 2014 at 01:47:12.

Wow, an actual reasonably written post with a structured argument, even if it has been heavily edited since. Okay, so I disagree with almost everything you've just said, because it's wrong, but it's not even a terrible one-liner with a wink on the end! This is progress.

Shame the accumulative historical population of NWers in AO will disagree with you on both sides - but then if you honestly feel that way why do you share in their attaching of such significance to NW? Even so far as spending 90% of your time on forums arguing about it?

Objectively speaking; nw isn't completely dead, it slowly degenerated like everything else is in AO to the point of very low activity.
    Wrong, the difference between NW and every other aspect of the game, is that every other aspect of the game hasn't completely come to a halt in activity purely because individuals found a way to cheat it beyond competition. I'm assuming here that you'd agree 1 person controlling 6 characters is cheating something out of competition, but for entertainment I'd like to see you argue that that is just another clever twist on playing the game the way it's intended!

NW has been dealt heavy blows in the past from both sides (funcom helped too) and the losing side always looked for excuses why they lost, feelings have been hurt and people quit claiming this and that killed notum wars.
    I cover this in my post, why don't you read it? I described how miraculous it was the way NW recovered from the horror show that was LE mechanics, NW went from insanely active 2005-06, to almost completely shot 06-09, to be as active as ever from 09-12. But that was to the strength of how important NW was to the game (which you apparently disagree with, above) but the key difference between then and now, is that in 2009 there were active subscribers and players who just wouldn't turn up to NW. You cannot compare that to now, when the biggest problem and what makes the multi-boxing so effective, is that there aren't enough players and subscribers to begin with. This means that the wars are small-scale and multi-boxing is 100% more effective.

What was worse, when fights went from 200v200 to 150v150 or when they went from 150v150 to 100v100? Or down to 50v50? 12v12?
    They all had their moments. Doing 30 vs 30 Taras at US timezones was incredibly fun, smaller scale battles in a still active game had their niche and excellence. But 150 vs 150 battles were also epic, people running back 5 times to the same fight only to die a 6th, and still see their side win. I don't have to pull up chatlogs from Rumblecom/Tnet archives to show you how much people enjoyed both of those aspects just as much - but that was when times were active. I can tell you what was the best from a leader and veteran's point of view. The biggest fights. The most important ones, which were talked about for a long time after and had threads made about them - they were the ones that mattered.

(I'm aware that numbers were never even but that's beside the point)
    This is just an easy way of disregarding any significance to NW ever. It's untrue to say that numbers were "never" even. In periods of 1 side dominating another, of course they weren't. But war ebs and flows. They were even at the peak of battle, we had an application (which Omni also now have) which showed this. I can give so many examples, my favourite being that 147 vs 147 Tara in 2009.. it was as big and as even as it got, and this was almost always the case at the near-point or the actual-point of a takeover. That was the beauty in periods of takeovers, one side would rise and the other would fall, but in the middle they would meet in an even battle, which essentially came down to better assisting, better professional mix and better tactics by the leaders - but NW haters such as yourself recognise no intelligent aspects of NW, I know that, you will quite easily settle for the conclusion that NW was all about 2 sides doing !massinv, and the one who's side turned up with more, won. Yet I have so many personal accounts of even-numbered battles, OR even battles where the side with less numbers won. The periods you are referring to are the times when one side would be the defenders who dominate and have more numbers for long periods, this is just the fruit of winning a NW takeover.. of course there are periods of domination. But I'm talking about the important times, the "climax" moments of NW, that was what people played for. As someone who clearly never had any passion for NW, you obviously cannot relate to that.

I still see people attacking every day, they certainly can't say it's dead. When there's absolutely no more attacking then it's dead. Until then, yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion man.
    It's mindless, empty, name-spamming greifing. It doesn't take a genius interpreter of tower-war logs to know that. And when there's 2 players left on the server, 1 Omni and 1 Clanner, they'll still be doing that. If that's honestly your argument for saying there's still life in NW (you know, the thing you've always hated) then I'm not sure any amount of reason can burst your bubble of delight that you finally have uncontested pickings over your EFP x4 towerspot.

Hating an entire organization, most of it's members you (broad) know nothing about, because you dislike the actions of one player immediately marks that opinion as biased and we all know where prejudice is an unreasonable state of mind.
    Because you are the leading light of unprejudiced, unbiased objectivity when it comes to forum posts aren't you Paf? I've never seen you let factions influence your opinions on anything, ever!

...NW has been dealt heavy blows in the past from both sides (funcom helped too) and the losing side always looked for excuses why they lost...
    FYI most recently when Omni took over all towers, it's not because they "beat" clan.

Clan quit.

And Omni filled the power vacuum like vultures feeding on a rotting carcass after the lion has had it's fill.

Objectively speaking; nw isn't completely dead, it slowly degenerated like everything else has in AO to the point of very low activity. NW has been dealt heavy blows in the past from both sides (funcom helped too) and the losing side always looked for excuses why they lost, feelings have been hurt and people quit claiming this and that killed notum wars. What was worse, when fights went from 200v200 to 150v150 or when they went from 150v150 to 100v100? Or down to 50v50? 12v12? (I'm aware that numbers were never even but that's beside the point) I still see people attacking every day, they certainly can't say it's dead. When there's absolutely no more attacking then it's dead. Until then, yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion man.

Hating an entire organization, most of it's members you (broad) know nothing about, because you dislike the actions of one player immediately marks that opinion as biased and we all know that prejudice is an unreasonable state of mind. edit: Funny thing prejudice is, I remember leveling a char with your buddy Rhapsody without revealing who I am, we actually had normal conversation and he laughed at my jokes.
    tl;dr
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

but, to be fair I thought it'd be interesting to highlight that there were no summer campaigns of significance in 2007 or 2008 despite the game still then being actively marketed,---. That lack of activity on the true NW-ing server during those periods is testament to how much LE and the OS+SB changes ruined NW to a blistering degree on the 1 server which had a previously properly contested (by factions with depth) NW arena
    "of significance" is the key word here. Now there is nothing that could even remotely be considered to be a campaign. I'm not sure if clan even has a bot up. :>

But you got to my point. Which is that due to the implementation of new mechanics and some decisions made by the so called developers and leaders of AO, the entire expansion of NW was ditched by the players. Many of those players came back when FC finally fixed their mistake. It only took a few months for clan to gather and overrun omnis.

Now FC has done the same thing, made a fatal decision about game mechanics. This time it's not a sided thing. It's just a very lame thing. Clan could ofcourse easily do what omnis did, but it would seem we care just a tad more about actual fun and realize that using multiboxing ourselves would be the same as the cure killing the patient that is NW.

So again it's gross incompetence in the dev team that destroys the game. If FC wants any of those players back who left over this, they'd better act quick. I doubt anyone will come back if it takes three years this time to realize the mistake.

ps. I pm'd Genele and asked if she was happy with the way NW is going since their decision on MB. She didn't bother to reply to me yet. Maybe she's on vacation.
    Last edited by Phatkeep; Jul 21st, 2014 at 09:27:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatkeep View Post
    "of significance" is the key word here. Now there is nothing that could even remotely be considered to be a campaign. I'm not sure if clan even has a bot up. :>

But you got to my point. Which is that due to the implementation of new mechanics and some decisions made by the so called developers and leaders of AO, the entire expansion of NW was ditched by the players. Many of those players came back when FC finally fixed their mistake. It only took a few months for clan to gather and overrun omnis.

Now FC has done the same thing, made a fatal decision about game mechanics. This time it's not a sided thing. It's just a very lame thing. Clan could ofcourse easily do what omnis did, but it would seem we care just a tad more about actual fun and realize that using multiboxing ourselves would be the same as the cure killing the patient that is NW.

So again it's gross incompetence in the dev team that destroys the game. If FC wants any of those players back who left over this, they'd better act quick. I doubt anyone will come back if it takes three years this time to realize the mistake.

ps. I pm'd Genele and asked if she was happy with the way NW is going since their decision on MB. She didn't bother to reply to me yet. Maybe she's on vacation.
    Ah don't get me wrong mate, I probably angled that point badly. I wasn't actually disagreeing with you main point at all. As you've probably read I totally get you, this is like a new era of deadness. Because at least in those years with less activity, you always felt something COULD happen, there was potential boiling under the surface. Whereas nowadays it really does feel like a ghostland with no hope of going back. I was really only bringing up 2007 and 2008 out of interest, as I always found it funny that those are 2 of the most vibrant years of AO and yet the LE mechanics sucked so much that it managed to kill off any hope of a fun NW summer.

And absolutely, it's saddening that the devs can't even acknowledge that.

Wow, an actual reasonably written post with a structured argument, even if it has been heavily edited since.
    I wouldn't exactly call inserting one sentence heavy editing, but ok.

Shame the accumulative historical population of NWers in AO will disagree with you on both sides - but then if you honestly feel that way why do you share in their attaching of such significance to NW? Even so far as spending 90% of your time on forums arguing about it?
    They can disagree all they want. Fact is the only time anyone has anything good to say about NW is when they're talking about the past when nostalgia clouds reasonable thought. Significance ? Maybe it was significant in catering to some individuals' egos who considered every battle won, no matter how badly they outnumbered the enemy, a great success on their own personal level. The same egos who take defeat on a personal level as well, for when the time comes and player inactivity shrinks their zerg below the point of dominating the other side with ease posts of excuses and ragequit are inevitable. Personally I don't see any significance in nw, but a great deal of hypocrisy as it's been 10 years (in my experience) of both sides pointing fingers at each other trying to place blame for something. Because you know, an egomaniac will not simply accept defeat, they will always look for an excuse that is, of course, not in themselves.

I'm curious where you came up with the number stating that I spend 90% of my time discussing nw on the forums. If anything I spend most of my time bashing on funcom for destroying this game through neglect, anyone who actually reads my posts will agree. Or you can simply check my post history.

Wrong, the difference between NW and every other aspect of the game, is that every other aspect of the game hasn't completely come to a halt in activity purely because individuals found a way to cheat it beyond competition.
    Like I said, nw hasn't come to a complete halt in activity. The fact that you don't agree with griefing doesn't mean there's no nw. People attack, people defend, there's just few people left. I'm guessing you haven't logged on in quite some time but I'll honestly tell you that every aspect of the game is -exactly- like that. Players level through cheating, they cheat on quests and they acquire all their gear through cheating. Nothing is the way it was or should be, if you play with open eyes you'll notice how all game content has deteriorated to the point of extremely low activity partially thanks to players abusing certain mechanics and partially thanks to funcom's disregard towards the game.

I'm assuming here that you'd agree 1 person controlling 6 characters is cheating something out of competition, but for entertainment I'd like to see you argue that that is just another clever twist on playing the game the way it's intended!
    Lame, yes. Clever, yes. Working as intended, no. The twist is in the humor value of some of the reactions that are undeniably entertaining, particularly the hypocrites who use various exploits/3rd party programs themselves and the conspiracy theorists.

I cover this in my post, why don't you read it? I described how miraculous it was the way NW recovered from the horror show that was LE mechanics, NW went from insanely active 2005-06, to almost completely shot 06-09, to be as active as ever from 09-12. But that was to the strength of how important NW was to the game (which you apparently disagree with, above) but the key difference between then and now, is that in 2009 there were active subscribers and players who just wouldn't turn up to NW. You cannot compare that to now, when the biggest problem and what makes the multi-boxing so effective, is that there aren't enough players and subscribers to begin with. This means that the wars are small-scale and multi-boxing is 100% more effective.
    What's so significant about notum wars? Is the the towers and contracts that were never updated and provide tiny, almost negligible bonuses? Is it the side xp bonus that works only on monster kills in a game where most of the leveling is done via mission rewards that cap xp anyway? NW was without a doubt significant to this game a very long time ago when those bonuses actually made a difference on a global scale and not just "well that contract helps my atrox get that alpha brain on".

They all had their moments. Doing 30 vs 30 Taras at US timezones was incredibly fun, smaller scale battles in a still active game had their niche and excellence. But 150 vs 150 battles were also epic, people running back 5 times to the same fight only to die a 6th, and still see their side win. I don't have to pull up chatlogs from Rumblecom/Tnet archives to show you how much people enjoyed both of those aspects just as much - but that was when times were active. I can tell you what was the best from a leader and veteran's point of view. The biggest fights. The most important ones, which were talked about for a long time after and had threads made about them - they were the ones that mattered.
    Hah tara yes, the place where dead clan spawn right outside and dead omni have significantly more distance to cover. Without a doubt fun when you can return to the fight immediately after dying, which is true for only one side. Again a very imbalanced and very bad mass pvp mechanic. Getting killed through walls, permanently "falling", getting warped all over the place and other lag-fest induced situations certainly round up to one hell of a fun experience. When I play I like to play my character to it's fullest ability, which is not mashing the assist button and watching my targets drop instantly one at a time. But that's my preference.

This is just an easy way of disregarding any significance to NW ever. It's untrue to say that numbers were "never" even. In periods of 1 side dominating another, of course they weren't. But war ebs and flows. They were even at the peak of battle, we had an application (which Omni also now have) which showed this. I can give so many examples, my favourite being that 147 vs 147 Tara in 2009.. it was as big and as even as it got, and this was almost always the case at the near-point or the actual-point of a takeover. That was the beauty in periods of takeovers, one side would rise and the other would fall, but in the middle they would meet in an even battle, which essentially came down to better assisting, better professional mix and better tactics by the leaders - but NW haters such as yourself recognise no intelligent aspects of NW, I know that, you will quite easily settle for the conclusion that NW was all about 2 sides doing !massinv, and the one who's side turned up with more, won. Yet I have so many personal accounts of even-numbered battles, OR even battles where the side with less numbers won. The periods you are referring to are the times when one side would be the defenders who dominate and have more numbers for long periods, this is just the fruit of winning a NW takeover.. of course there are periods of domination. But I'm talking about the important times, the "climax" moments of NW, that was what people played for. As someone who clearly never had any passion for NW, you obviously cannot relate to that.
    I'm not a nw hater, I just don't see the "big point" that you and some other individuals would like to emphasize but never really manage to because it all ends up on a personal level. Despite what your irrational hate for me tries to display I have participated in and lead a number of nw and tara fights, I know the mechanics inside out and I can honestly say that any individual trying to claim victory in their name after a flat out open blob runs into blob war is nothing but a self-glorifying egomaniac. Intelligent part ? Pfft that's ancient history but it's not something the players can be blamed for, it's the crude design which makes recycling very old strategies the only strategy. The only dramatic changes in nw were brought upon by serious exploits, a fact that speaks for itself.

It's mindless, empty, name-spamming greifing. It doesn't take a genius interpreter of tower-war logs to know that. And when there's 2 players left on the server, 1 Omni and 1 Clanner, they'll still be doing that. If that's honestly your argument for saying there's still life in NW (you know, the thing you've always hated) then I'm not sure any amount of reason can burst your bubble of delight that you finally have uncontested pickings over your EFP x4 towerspot.
    Mindless yeah, thing is I don't see how spamming assist (which is what a whole raidforce minus a few callers do) could be described as an intellectual task. Speaking of callers, you can almost feel the intelligence manifesting in the air around you after seeing renamed pet after renamed pet hitting the floor because they (usually hand picked "good pvpers") can't tell the difference in healthbar size or color before pressing attack. Which is something that happens at every fight, even smaller scale. A joke really.

Because you are the leading light of unprejudiced, unbiased objectivity when it comes to forum posts aren't you Paf? I've never seen you let factions influence your opinions on anything, ever!
    That's because you take my posts personally. Whenever I'm not mentioning a side specifically I am in fact talking about both but you don't see it that way which is an error on your part. I do poke away at the clan community at times, but that's mostly for teasing purposes never really passing the border of good sportsmanship. I do not hate entire organizations because of a few individuals that feel the need to step on my toes for every word I say nor will you ever see me make up grotesque gossip in a futile attempt to make things personal.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    FYI most recently when Omni took over all towers, it's not because they "beat" clan.

Clan quit.

And Omni filled the power vacuum like vultures feeding on a rotting carcass after the lion has had it's fill.
    Yes yes, again I'm reading how clan always lost nw because they were inactive prior to losing and how every clan victory was a tribute to tactics, intelligence and a great host of über pvpers that only exist on clan side. Which is irony at it's finest; players who only showed up to pvp as part of a big group managed to develop a sense of great individual value when in fact some of them haven't even covered the basics such as movement and proper use of a keyboard. Unfortunately for them it's not a fact I learned by myself, they would occasionally lay it out themselves with pvp videos displaying their own abysmal character control.

But I'm getting ahead of myself, you're right it wasn't omni beating clan this time. It was Foob beating clan. Of course the currently losing side will not admit to that fact even though multiboxing rants can be found in almost every part of these forums. I'm not arguing that it wasn't a dirty tactic because it was, just like you can't argue that clan quit just for the sake of quitting. There's no shame in losing, we've all been there, just don't be a dramaqueen about it if you don't want people to mock you further.
    Last edited by Pafpuf; Jul 21st, 2014 at 15:06:08.

I found it funny that when all the people that quit did so it took several weeks for omni to take clan down to below 10%. And that wasn't because there was clan defending(because there was none) that was because there is only two people active on omni side at the time who had more then one or two twinks. They are Koo and Melchran of course.

It's nice to see that number grow lately though, both with more people making twinks, and old dons like Pet showing their faces
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast