Thread: Premium lewt

Talking Premium lewt

Just a suggestion here. But theres alot of new content out there. Alot of it good... alot of it well...

Anyways more and more of it is boss only and alot of the phat lewt as you might say is on 18 hour mobs.

How about some sort of filter down system for those people who may not be able to aquire the loot themselves because they arent affiliated with a large guild or have friends in the right place etc.

Say new "phat" lewt resides on Unique mobs (no 18 hour jobbies please go for 2-3 at most) then after 2 months when a few bits of content arrive have the unique mob lot filter into boss loot and be replaced by new loot.

Same for boss loot. Say after another 2 months this might filter down into standard mission rewards and be replaced by the loot that previously replaced the old static boss loot.

Of course some of this should "never" reach normal loot but be a very rare drop on bosses in teamies. Shades/Gailey painted hood/etc. I dont see how these being a little easier to aquire would unbalance anything majorly and they would be replaced on Tarasque by new varied loot (hes a dragon guys he must have quite a hoard).

I would prefer that aquisition of such loot would be based on ability as opposed to trying to do the most damage to a mob that dies in 4.5 seconds after taking 18 hours to spawn. But since funcom (I love you really guys but I really hate camping for items.. eq anyone?) seem way opposed to just challenging us for these items and require us to camp all I could think of was this drip down system. It still takes 4 months to get from unique or static boss loot down to general and some of it never even makes it that far but just as a rare boss drop this way. There are of course some in character items that would either require a name change or would never leave the uniques/statics but alot of it could easily go with no RP consequences.

OK im rambling now so il leave it at that but I welcome comments/adjustments to this premice and im sure its been mentioned before.

Still rambling.

Peace guys.

No comments on this?

Flames?

Oki
    I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me.

I think it's a damn good idea.
    Fixers were not put on this world to damage things, purely to run away from stuff.....

Skizzz - Omni Fixer

Recruiting for Alphastrike, send me a /tell

Recruitment Ad - Contact us here

You know the 18 hour spawns would not be so bad if there were more of them. Can't be everywhere at once. You'd have to pick which ones you wanted to try and get the loot at.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Thumbs up

bump bump bump

i LOVE this idea how about some views on this from Funcom???

Good idea.

I did hear a rumor that torture tools had droped off of bosses other than morgan on test. Don't know if it's true or not, mabye funcom thought too many MAs were just using claws.

if i see one more person in the suggestions forum say an idea is brilliant...NO IDEAS ARE BRILLIANT! if they were you could make money off them or get a patent, OR get them implemented. sorry that was random.

i actually didn't read your idea but i'm sure its good so i'll bump it.
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

Originally posted by Cronos
    if i see one more person in the suggestions forum say an idea is brilliant...NO IDEAS ARE BRILLIANT! if they were you could make money off them or get a patent, OR get them implemented. sorry that was random.

i actually didn't read your idea but i'm sure its good so i'll bump it.
    you can actually spell ? all the other posts i saw from you were, well, hard to read at best. not to mention they had hardly any content (like this one).

Arrow

This has happened already, at least to some extent. But it should happen with more items...

Then everyone has a chance to get the item - eventually...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

This would keep interest in things like Tarasque...
    I cant see any status symbol complaints either because after 2 months all status from an item is gone... the hood isnt even a rarity anymore... so drop it down for those people who cant get to Tara.

If anything I think the new items would be more of a status symbol because your the first to get them and not one more person entering a lotto.

But even so 18 hours is the stupidest thing ever. Making them 3 hours would VASTLY increase the interest for these unique spawns... there isnt any excuse for 18 hours unless of course you lack content to replace the items as great if they were to become common... prove me wrong Funcom and open up this loot a bit and give us new things .

Im not moaning at FC really and im sure they have buckets of content just lacking alot of implementation.
    I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me.

Originally posted by TanisAS
    This would keep interest in things like Tarasque...
    I cant see any status symbol complaints either because after 2 months all status from an item is gone... the hood isnt even a rarity anymore... so drop it down for those people who cant get to Tara.

If anything I think the new items would be more of a status symbol because your the first to get them and not one more person entering a lotto.

But even so 18 hours is the stupidest thing ever. Making them 3 hours would VASTLY increase the interest for these unique spawns... there isnt any excuse for 18 hours unless of course you lack content to replace the items as great if they were to become common... prove me wrong Funcom and open up this loot a bit and give us new things .

Im not moaning at FC really and im sure they have buckets of content just lacking alot of implementation.
    Let's take a good look at the reason Funcom gave for long spawntimes and infrequent drop rates:

They want certain items to be rare. Well, on that topic we have to search for the reason that these items should be rare in the first place. Ther are only 2 reason:

1) The item is extremely powerful
    2) Owning a rare item gives the player a sense of achievement

Let's address issue number 1 first. Well, reason number one is a total and complete contradiction to an underlying theme and huge gripe players have with the current state of the game: BALANCE. If an item is extremely powerful, then it will mean players who have it will dominate those who don't in PvP. Eventually it becomes a necessity to own this uber item. Also, when enough players have gotten the item, Funcom realizes that those who have the item are able to kill mobs too easily. They then rebalance the mobs based on the folks that have the item. Folks that don't have the item (the majority of players don't have it still) scream out that mobs are too tough, while folks that do have the item wonder what these players are whining about. The funny thing is that originally they made the item rare because it was powerful when in fact in order to maintin balance, powerful items must be common. Silly silly silly. Answer to this problem? Never put in items that are that powerful on rare spawns.

Let's look at issue number 2. Well, the issue here isn't rarity so much as making the players feel they achieved something. I addressed this in multiple thread so far, but I'll say it again. Instead of increasing rarity, make fighting the mob actually interesting. First off, no mob should take more than 20 minutes to spawn. Second, no mob should ever spawn in the same place two times in a row. Starting to catch on to the point? I posted this suggestion in 2 other threads, I'll post it here as well to get feedback on what you folks think. The following is a proposed solution to solve the camping problem:

Camping only happens when several conditions are met:

1) Mob has predictable location and at least moderately predictable spawntime
    2) Mob is the only place you can get a certain item
    3) Certain item is powerful

Some mobs that require camping actually aren't too bad. Well, Neleb, and the Cyborg spawns. No other camped mobs in the game have acceptable spawntimes/drop rates.

So how do you fix the mobs that are currently camped? There are many steps that need ot be taken. First off, they shouldn't always spawn in the same location. So, for example, the lab Director of Biomare should sometimes spawn in other rooms in Biomare. In fact, it would be even better if sometimes he spawned OUTSIDE of Biomare even. There should be an additional timer that causes him to despawn and respawn somewhere else if he does not enter combat for a certain amount of time. So, you could make it so there is a chance he will spawn in various rooms inside Biomare, but also have a chance of him spawning for example, at the Bronto factory in Galway, or possibly even in Omni-1 itself. Make him seem like a living entity that actually interacts with the online world, instead of a mindless creature to thwack. The same can be done with other mobs, like TIM. TIM could spawn inside Biomare, or possibly some zone where his "effectiveness" could be tested. When he spawns elsewhere you could perhaps surround him with "lab Tester" mobs that are observing how he interacts in the field.

Some people might say: "So how would we find these spawns?" Well the answer is have spots where you can find clues. For example, to find the Director, maybe asking his computer terminal might list his last known whereabouts. Similar things for TIM. For Zuwadza you could maybe ask Horatio Campbell about something. Heck, you could even spawn random NPCs just for the purpose of giving info on the whereabouts of certain uber bosses.

So, what does all this do? First thing it accomplishes is that you can't just sit in one spot and expect the boss to show up. Second thing it accomplishes is that it makes you feel like these NPCs are more alive. Heck, sometimes certain bosses should sometimes spawn in 100% suppression areas. That way all you could do is talk to them. You'd actually get to see them walking around going about their business. I'd love to be able to walk through City of Home and suddenly see Elian Zuwadza standing there muttering to himself about some kind of experiments Omni-Tek is doing. For those who don't know it, Zuwadza does not aggro, and he does in fact have things to say, unfortunately, you'll never find out because he's dead 3 seconds after he appears. Give these characters life and player craving content will be very happy. Even power gamers would like it because it would provide variation to the camping.

Of course, I have done the typical player-idea thing and not really pointed out the negative aspects of my idea for changing up ubercamped mobs. Please feel free to address negative issues surrounding this idea in this thread. As well as additions you feel would be worthwhile.

That made so much sense to do it's almost scary....
    The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live! - Unknown

"I've always wanted to be somebody, but I see now I should have been more specific." - L. Tomlin

Vyker - 182 Fixer
    ** Card Carrying Union Member (team)

Originally posted by PipBoy
    2) Owning a rare item gives the player a sense of achievement.
    So you're implying that FunCom wants the majority of the gamers to feel as though they are underachievers?
    Feetus

I think that idea coupled with my original loot replacement idea would not only make sense but with the loot replacement make people actually want to go round asking npc`s where they are. And maybe have fun along the way.
    I am Kong.

Edit: double posted damn crashing Internet explorer.
    I am Kong.

Originally posted by Trey

So you're implying that FunCom wants the majority of the gamers to feel as though they are underachievers?
    I thought THAT was common knowledge.