Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – 2nd July, 2014

I put most of my thoughts in my first comment on the first page.
    Last edited by Ctrlaltwin; Jul 3rd, 2014 at 15:51:26.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    snip
    You kind of answered your own question there, the reason funcom don't communicate with players on a regular basis is because they lack the necessary game knowledge to do so. I don't think anyone left working on this game has any deep knowledge of the game, just bits and pieces at best.

Furthermore hiring a guy with no game knowledge whatsoever as community manager and putting him up on livestream display to embarrass both himself and the company. How exactly did he qualify for the job in the first place ? (rhetorical question, I know what nepotism is)

i bet most of the whiners are clans.

I don't wanna be TOO mean, but do you have any idea how clueless putting a 3k mc req on a nano and then changing it to 2k 2 weeks later makes you look? It means that not only have you not ever played an end game nt, noone on the staff has and you didn't bother asking anyone else who did.

No wonder you keep focusing on the wrong stuff and no wonder why we get completely arbitrary and weird "solutions" and changes. You simply don't know anything about the game you are allegedly managing.

>_<
    Last edited by Phatkeep; Jul 3rd, 2014 at 19:59:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Borsky View Post
    I've often wondered this too, and wondered if there was an actual FUNCOM (not AO team, i'm talking corporate head honcho CSR/HR/PR/whateverR you want to call it. If so, I'd like to let THEM know, and let the investors and stockholders of FC know, just how horribly its customers are being treated by this dev team.
    Great idea, the corporate folks at funcom really have time or a care to talk to subscribers that pay less than 20$ a month on a 10year old game on life support. That has to be the brightest idea i've ever heard. Followed up by write your congressman.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Come on now.. this is no where close to being pitchforks and torches, lol.

For the most part Genele posted a thread, apologized and posted some useful information. As someone else already stated, this is the first monthly update that didn't have me either totally confused or completely annoyed in I don't know how long.

There have been follow-up questions and comments.. none of which, that I can see, are really hostile or whining. If she doesn't come back to respond, I can't imagine its because someone disagreed with something she said. In case you haven't noticed, there's been plenty of that going on all over the place already.

If you're not going to be part of the solution, don't be part of the problem. Honestly, one of the things that's annoyed me the most in this whole MB/DM nonsense is the fact that some players can't seem to see past the faction of characters in a video game to take an objective look at (and engage in an intelligent discussion on) relevant issues that affect all of us. I'm hard pressed to find a player (real life person) that only has toons in a single faction. Thinking that whining/complaining/etc is somehow related to someone's in-game faction seems like flawed logic based on the last 10 years worth of posts I've read and conversations I've had with people in game.
    2 paid accounts, and 6 froob accounts all clan. in over 10 yrs off and on I only made 1 Omni toon, I made it to see how the other side lives, and I did not like, so never made another, and that one was deleted long ago, just happens to be my personal preference.
    2017 - The beginning of the end.

OK...

Can we get a list of actual changes that will be the re-balancing?
    Also WHEN is the engine coming out?????

Thx.
    Last edited by Khrystanna; Jul 3rd, 2014 at 18:49:51.
    Been here, done this...
    Time to move on...

Quote Originally Posted by Khrystanna View Post
    OK...

Can we get a list of actual changes that will be the re-balancing?
    No.

Also WHEN is the engine coming out?????
    LOL
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Phatkeep View Post
    I don't wanna be TOO mean, but do you have any idea how clueless putting a 3k mc req on a nano and then changing it to 2k 2 weeks later makes you look? It means that not only have you not ever played an end game nt, noone on the staff has and you didn't bother asking anyone else who did.

No wonder you keep focusing on the wrong stuff and no wonder why we get completely arbitrary and weird "solutions" and changes. You simply don't know anything about the game you are allegedly managing.

>_<
    Exactly the diference between 3k and 2k is 33% or 50% (depending which way you compare).
    Small modification (around 5%-max 10%) can be explained that GD needed a close look or checked possible set ups and decided to modify it.

Change from 3k to 2k is a clear proof that GD had no clue what she was doing with "fixing" DM...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Exactly the diference between 3k and 2k is 33% or 50% (depending which way you compare).
    Small modification (around 5%-max 10%) can be explained that GD needed a close look or checked possible set ups and decided to modify it.

Change from 3k to 2k is a clear proof that GD had no clue what she was doing with "fixing" DM...
    Actually it's proof that NOONE close to "the wheel" had any idea. I'm sure the GD didn't come up with this alone.

What's next? An unremovable aoe root and an insta death aoe attack? :>

Fatal mistakes all over again..

There used to be a "Your Voice" thing where we could periodically submit questions for answering. Would that be something that could be reinstated?
    :E

I guess people didn't get the memo of last Friday 6/27

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/announcement.php?f=204

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndracorvid View Post
    There used to be a "Your Voice" thing where we could periodically submit questions for answering. Would that be something that could be reinstated?
    I asked the same question in the thread for the new community manager. Maybe this answer will mean more to you than it did to me.

Welcome.

3. Will the "Your Voice" project resume or is that permanently dead after 1 response?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post

We have no plans to revisit "Your Voice" in its original format.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

that other wolf brigade guy crying about 1he/1hb enf "sploit", just lols.
    It's obvious you post here and in OOC just to get a response of some type. Lets be clear here and I will try to explain it in small words for you to understand.

Shadowlands was released in what 2002-3? Alien invasion 2004? Lets do some simple math for you Borsky, thats over 10years for DM bug and 11-12 years for 1hb/1he bug.

The point is why is the newer "bug" more important than the older "bug" to fix. Psychology 101 if you know the motivations of people then you know the REAL REASON for actions not just the excuse or what they want you to know. Can you read between the lines and comprehend all that?

Of all the dozens old "bugs" and wishlists in various prof forums, this one after 10years became an emergency problem. Why? Was it the video? Was it the towers? Was it a bad publicity for up comming steam? Why did it become so important? Maybe no one cares to the why, but if you can figure that out it also gives you a perspective on how the minds of the game developers operate. What motivates them to get changes done now instead comming soon.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

While DM caused actual gameplay changes the only gripe you seem to have with 1he/1hb enfs is that they alpha your char too fast. Can't exactly compare that to a nuke that does up to 1.5 million damage.

Do you even play this game, claming that DM is 10 years old and all that. Arguments 101, learn the facts before blurting out nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    While DM caused actual gameplay changes the only gripe you seem to have with 1he/1hb enfs is that they alpha your char too fast. Can't exactly compare that to a nuke that does up to 1.5 million damage.

Do you even play this game, claming that DM is 10 years old and all that. Arguments 101, learn the facts before blurting out nonsense.
    Pfft. Nbs+DM on beast = 7.1 mil dmg (capped at 90%). Or so I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    Is this a circular logic argument you are attempting? I could have cited any number of game "bugs" but that is the most known and most popular before this last 2 months when the NT "bug" became a "viral" vid to game dev's in AO.

I can't continue to facepalm everytime you post some response when you are missing the big picture. Do you not posses any higher reasoning skills that everything must be spelled out for you to understand?

The question is, has been, and always will be WHY NOW after years and years of this bug being around. What made it an emergency situation in June of 2014. Why not last year, or 8 years ago?

Was it the video, or negative steam publicity, or something else? Is this a one time thing or a sign for how things will be handled from now on? This bug has been reported for years, and petitioned for years, where was the disconnect? Is the gm-petition system that backlogged or bug hunter reports that slow? If there was no disconnect, what was the hold up on fixing the bug? What made it such a priority to get fixed within 3 weeks of the Punk video? What about all the other Punk videos of game bugs?

I want to know what motivates the game director, or game developers into action. If that doesn't make any sense for issues in the future then.... never mind.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

#1 i'm not sure DM is even 8 years old

I don't believe DM is 8 years old either. Looks like it hit the database with the 17.x series but looking at auno's comments makes me think that it wasn't actually released until the very end of 2008 or beginning of 2009. That would make it about 5 years old.. not that I even think it matters. Kinda funny too.. reading the comments someone mentions the bug back in 2009.

Psikie- Exactly what is your point with the questions about why DM was fixed and not the 1hb/1he exploit?

My layman's observation is that they have issues coding things in AO. Some of the workarounds on live and that'll probably hit live with 18.7 are evident of that fact. It is not a surprise that the 1hb/1he thing isn't fixed. Let me give you a standard AO team answer:

"We are aware of the 1hb/1he exploit that has existed for the better part of a decade. The reason why we haven't fixed it is because to do so would require a complete overhaul of the perk system. That system is so deeply embedded in the archaic code, that we don't quite understand, that making changes to it at this point would not only require a massive amount of labor resources (that Funcom will not provide) but also risk permanently crashing the game. Once 18.7 and the engine are behind us we will look into upgrading these systems along with finishing re-balancing, fixing the stuff that 18.7 is going to break, working on a new expansion, putting in new missions, GMI updates (including adding org bank functionality), updating textures, finishing up that mentor system, adding more stuff to the item shop and most importantly, getting rid of that false comp lit warning you get every time you try to exit the grid."
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jul 4th, 2014 at 21:37:00.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

..... and most importantly, getting rid of that false comp lit warning you get every time you try to exit the grid."
    I lol'ed. Its funny because its been around for such a long long long time.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast