Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Detonation Matrix

this a serious topic guys

i want my nanotechnician back! it was hard enough going as it was! you guys made nt so weak that you forced us to play def and we need to kill fast or be killed, get caught off-guard and die fast. ive played as nt for years. i've never really been a huge fan of doubles or triples but your removal of dm means that le nukes are our only option in pvp as we stand not a chance with def focus. i may as well go trox. in pvp spamming IU wont kill anything before enemy can kill you except maybe a fixer or a lowbie toon ruling it wiser to go offensive focused double/triple spammers. its so boring. please please come up with a better solution

In all the time after DMs release, I never ever experienced this "bug" myself. Neither in a PVM boss/mob, nor in a tower situation.
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

So now we know that a "bug" can be fixed pretty darn quickly...when there is motivation to do so.

But the 1he/1hb "bug" still hasn't been fixed. I will leave it to the readers to speculate what makes one bug more important than another to fix.

Considering both "bugs" were used for towers, pvp, and pvm. I say were because only 1 of those "bugs" is still in game.

So Im wondering why its ok for enfo's to have mongo rage/challenger/sneak/brawl/fast attack/dimach alpha, AND have 2 perk dmg lines that are not supposed to be able to be used together???

Wouldn't it be pretty easy to add a flag to the perk actions. For example making 1hb actions not available if 1 point in 1he is perked. Or 1he perk actions not available if 1 point is in 1hb perkline?

Or is that more trouble than making and replacing an entire nano from the database instead of just removing the 30% dmg aspect? Description is gone from helpbot, auno, and xyphos, apf nano descriptions is changed etc. UNLESS you look at previous patches.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Can't say I ever saw an enforcer hit something for 1 million damage.

Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    think you linked the wrong set of patch notes.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I suspect this is what Emma was referring to:

https://forums.anarchy-online.com/sh...d.php?t=611503

/tiphat
    -Trony-
    Doctrony - 220/30 Doctor
    Neurix - 100/10 Nano-Technician

"The best of leaders when the job is done, when the task is
    accomplished, the people will say we have done it ourselves"
    - Lao Tzu

Yep ... silly browser somehow copied the wrong link.

Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    Can't say I ever saw an enforcer hit something for 1 million damage.
    Because players dont have 4 million HP ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Captain obvious to the rescue

Someone should make a video detailing this 1hb 1he bug, before we get 5 enfs rolling around and abusing it!
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

I don't understand why you're being sarcastic, are you against bug exploits being fixed?

Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    This 'fix' was patched to Test Live on June 19th and to the live servers on June 24th and you're JUST now posting some sort of explanation? The start of your post should have read "Guys, I apologize for not properly communicating with you sooner about the plans for the Detonation Matrix fix." Anything short of that is really yet another slap in the face to many of your paying customers. To see how many people on the forums and in game are upset by this change and not, at least, acknowledge their concerns and show some empathy is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE customer service.

I won't insult your intelligence by detailing why you need to exhibit excellent customer service skills as a Game Director. What I will do is tell you how your failure to do so affected me personally. When you sat in Newland Desert yesterday morning, still with no reply to many pressing questions on the forums I was floored. As a paying customer for many years I did not feel valued. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that I almost felt mocked. That got followed up by a stream that did not addresss any issues/concerns while people were literally complaining in the streets of Borealis about the DM change (in your presence, same as in Newland Desert).

Maybe some people on the forums express their outrage and disappointment in a less appropriate manner but the fact remains that YOU need to do something fast to improve the way you communicate and/or fail to communicate with YOUR customers.

If you don't want it to haunt you later, then don't say it, don't post it on facebook, don't tweet it, don't text it, don't e-mail it and don't say it on IRC. You are the Game Director of Anarchy Online. If you want the luxury of casual speech then start saying things under another name other than the one we know as Game Director. When an ARK is communicating under their ARK name there are standards for said communication. If they want to be casual, they go to their play toon name. You are Game Director, it is even more important that you have a similar policy but apparently you don't.

No one expects you to be less than human but somehow you seem to fail to realize what successful department heads and business owners already know. As long as you are speaking as Genele you will be considered a representative of the company you work for (Funcom) and your words will carry the weight of the Game Director of Anarchy Online. There really is no excuse for irresponsible communication coming from you because you have a luxury that managers and business owners in other industries do not-- You can just hang up your 'work hat' by simply CHANGING NAMES.

On that note, I'm going to leave you with some customer service quotes to think about:

The more you engage with customers the clearer things become and the easier it is to determine what you should be doing.
    -John Russell, President, Harley Davidson

Statistics suggest that when customers complain, business owners and managers ought to get excited about it. The complaining customer represents a huge opportunity for more business.
    -Zig Ziglar

Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.
    -Bill Gates

In the end, the customer doesn't know, or care, if you are small or large as an organisation. She or he only focuses on the garment hanging on the rail in the store.
    -Giorgio Armani

Customer service is not a department, it’s everyone’s job.
    -Anonymous

A customer is the most important visitor on our premises, he is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider in our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favor by serving him. He is doing us a favor by giving us an opportunity to do so.
    -Mahatma Gandhi

Every contact we have with a customer influences whether or not they’ll come back. We have to be great every time or we’ll lose them.
    -Kevin Stirtz
    Brilliant!
    Defrag 220 Crat
    Chuckle 220 Doctor
    Nates 220 Shade
    Magnite 219 Enf
    Chipbutty 212 Fixer

Wink phew

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Thank God, or whoever, for having such great dev team(a little of sarcasm).
    Those People, they work hard every day and struggle under conditions i don't know much about(not so much of sarcasm).

..but still..
    There should be much more realized in puncto "rebalancing" than just that.

Thumbs up!
    Keep your heads high!

Nukeduke

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234