Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Detonation Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Garuk is a former GM, and the former boss of ARK. He works doing QA in the company now (I believe). All around really nice guy, actually. And he loves shepherd's pie. (random trivia)
    With a name like Garuk it sounds like he makes his shepherd's pie with real shepherds.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    The main reason why Detonation matrix was changed with these particular numbers can be found in the nano documents. The only numbers I did not update to the nano documents were the local cooldown, attack and recharge timers as they would have given NTs an unfair advantage without the remaining nano changes that has to come in with 18.7. Changing them in 18.6 would cause conflicting data in the two branches. I can agree that the solution I picked was probably not the best one, but it was made quickly with the intention of making it right in 18.7.
    I am currently working out a better temporary solution for the nano program with the professionals and get it patched in with the next 18.6 patch (which will hopefully be the last 18.6 patch before we patch 18.7 to testlive).
    Would have been much better if you simply removed the % based damage part of DM, and perhaps turned that into a pure pvp nano.
    To be clear, move / split out the portion of the nano that does % based damage and put THAT in a seperate pvp only nano while keeping dm as regular damage etc etc.

90% less whines that way, but it was your choice and what done is done.
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Jun 29th, 2014 at 09:44:21.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

For the record, we always toss around random comments and sarcasm in IRC. If I want to announce something publicly, I write in the forums. Quotes from IRC or quotes in general that has been taken out of context should not be taken seriously.
    Maybe if you provided some solid information instead of posts consisting of "we're working on it", "it should come with the next patch (that's nowhere in sight)" you wouldn't see a forum full of criticism that's been going on so long and growing ever so larger that you probably see it as personal attacks by now.

I've been back since the server merge and since then have seen no progress in this game whatsoever. Only two major changes have been downgrades, the nerf of bs dailies which was a nail in the coffin for battlestations and the dm fiasco which is a nail in the coffin for NTs.

I took that quote seriously because there's nothing else really. "Monthly development updates" that tell the playerbase all about your vacation and nothing about game development I can't take seriously. Furthermore this game has bug abusers and 3rd party cheat program users that never get sanctioned with the excuse "we don't have the manpower", how could anyone take you seriously ? I had one person spamming me for 20 minutes and my first petition got them a 24 hour ban. When it comes to gamebreaking bug abusers caught on video "we can't do anything about it", who are you kidding ?

20$/month for promises, excuses and a game where cheaters run rampant because you let them is the real joke.

The main reason why Detonation matrix was changed with these particular numbers can be found in the nano documents. The only numbers I did not update to the nano documents were the local cooldown, attack and recharge timers as they would have given NTs an unfair advantage without the remaining nano changes that has to come in with 18.7. Changing them in 18.6 would cause conflicting data in the two branches. I can agree that the solution I picked was probably not the best one, but it was made quickly with the intention of making it right in 18.7.
    I am currently working out a better temporary solution for the nano program with the professionals and get it patched in with the next 18.6 patch (which will hopefully be the last 18.6 patch before we patch 18.7 to testlive).
    This 'fix' was patched to Test Live on June 19th and to the live servers on June 24th and you're JUST now posting some sort of explanation? The start of your post should have read "Guys, I apologize for not properly communicating with you sooner about the plans for the Detonation Matrix fix." Anything short of that is really yet another slap in the face to many of your paying customers. To see how many people on the forums and in game are upset by this change and not, at least, acknowledge their concerns and show some empathy is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE customer service.

I won't insult your intelligence by detailing why you need to exhibit excellent customer service skills as a Game Director. What I will do is tell you how your failure to do so affected me personally. When you sat in Newland Desert yesterday morning, still with no reply to many pressing questions on the forums I was floored. As a paying customer for many years I did not feel valued. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that I almost felt mocked. That got followed up by a stream that did not addresss any issues/concerns while people were literally complaining in the streets of Borealis about the DM change (in your presence, same as in Newland Desert).

Maybe some people on the forums express their outrage and disappointment in a less appropriate manner but the fact remains that YOU need to do something fast to improve the way you communicate and/or fail to communicate with YOUR customers.

For the record, we always toss around random comments and sarcasm in IRC. If I want to announce something publicly, I write in the forums. Quotes from IRC or quotes in general that has been taken out of context should not be taken seriously.
    If you don't want it to haunt you later, then don't say it, don't post it on facebook, don't tweet it, don't text it, don't e-mail it and don't say it on IRC. You are the Game Director of Anarchy Online. If you want the luxury of casual speech then start saying things under another name other than the one we know as Game Director. When an ARK is communicating under their ARK name there are standards for said communication. If they want to be casual, they go to their play toon name. You are Game Director, it is even more important that you have a similar policy but apparently you don't.

No one expects you to be less than human but somehow you seem to fail to realize what successful department heads and business owners already know. As long as you are speaking as Genele you will be considered a representative of the company you work for (Funcom) and your words will carry the weight of the Game Director of Anarchy Online. There really is no excuse for irresponsible communication coming from you because you have a luxury that managers and business owners in other industries do not-- You can just hang up your 'work hat' by simply CHANGING NAMES.

On that note, I'm going to leave you with some customer service quotes to think about:

The more you engage with customers the clearer things become and the easier it is to determine what you should be doing.
    -John Russell, President, Harley Davidson

Statistics suggest that when customers complain, business owners and managers ought to get excited about it. The complaining customer represents a huge opportunity for more business.
    -Zig Ziglar

Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.
    -Bill Gates

In the end, the customer doesn't know, or care, if you are small or large as an organisation. She or he only focuses on the garment hanging on the rail in the store.
    -Giorgio Armani

Customer service is not a department, it’s everyone’s job.
    -Anonymous

A customer is the most important visitor on our premises, he is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider in our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favor by serving him. He is doing us a favor by giving us an opportunity to do so.
    -Mahatma Gandhi

Every contact we have with a customer influences whether or not they’ll come back. We have to be great every time or we’ll lose them.
    -Kevin Stirtz
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jun 28th, 2014 at 14:58:21. Reason: Added quotes
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I can't count the number of times I've seen someone on the internet blurt out something they shouldn't have just to come up with the "hehe I was just kidding" excuse the next day. It's very old and very transparent

Well just stating the obvious here but introducing a nano from the NT changes document among other 200 changes and claiming it's almost verbatim copy doesn't make it a proper solution for a fix.. Cause that nano was made to be introduced with the rest changes as a whole. It's more of an excuse which justifies that the GD was 100% serious on the "Genele: was more reasonable to make it useless for a couple of patches after all that abuse.". Please don't make it any worse by insisting otherwise..
    Why?

So comments made under the nickname of the GD in the official anarchy online IRC channel, on the official funcom IRC server is not to be taken anywhere near seriously. It's pretty evident that that quote is exactly what has happened. The fact that you decided to fix it in the patch in like september after the storm doesnt change the fact that you just went "meh, lets just throw the new nano on live even if it's useless."
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jun 28th, 2014 at 19:38:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    This 'fix' was patched to Test Live on June 19th and to the live servers on June 24th and you're JUST now posting some sort of explanation? The start of your post should have read "Guys, I apologize for not properly communicating with you sooner about the plans for the Detonation Matrix fix." Anything short of that is really yet another slap in the face to many of your paying customers. To see how many people on the forums and in game are upset by this change and not, at least, acknowledge their concerns and show some empathy is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE customer service.

I won't insult your intelligence by detailing why you need to exhibit excellent customer service skills as a Game Director. What I will do is tell you how your failure to do so affected me personally. When you sat in Newland Desert yesterday morning, still with no reply to many pressing questions on the forums I was floored. As a paying customer for many years I did not feel valued. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that I almost felt mocked. That got followed up by a stream that did not addresss any issues/concerns while people were literally complaining in the streets of Borealis about the DM change (in your presence, same as in Newland Desert).

Maybe some people on the forums express their outrage and disappointment in a less appropriate manner but the fact remains that YOU need to do something fast to improve the way you communicate and/or fail to communicate with YOUR customers.

If you don't want it to haunt you later, then don't say it, don't post it on facebook, don't tweet it, don't text it, don't e-mail it and don't say it on IRC. You are the Game Director of Anarchy Online. If you want the luxury of casual speech then start saying things under another name other than the one we know as Game Director. When an ARK is communicating under their ARK name there are standards for said communication. If they want to be casual, they go to their play toon name. You are Game Director, it is even more important that you have a similar policy but apparently you don't.

No one expects you to be less than human but somehow you seem to fail to realize what successful department heads and business owners already know. As long as you are speaking as Genele you will be considered a representative of the company you work for (Funcom) and your words will carry the weight of the Game Director of Anarchy Online. There really is no excuse for irresponsible communication coming from you because you have a luxury that managers and business owners in other industries do not-- You can just hang up your 'work hat' by simply CHANGING NAMES.

On that note, I'm going to leave you with some customer service quotes to think about:

The more you engage with customers the clearer things become and the easier it is to determine what you should be doing.

Statistics suggest that when customers complain, business owners and managers ought to get excited about it. The complaining customer represents a huge opportunity for more business.
    -Zig Ziglar

-Bill Gates

In the end, the customer doesn't know, or care, if you are small or large as an organisation. She or he only focuses on the garment hanging on the rail in the store.
    -Giorgio Armani

-Anonymous

A customer is the most important visitor on our premises, he is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider in our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favor by serving him. He is doing us a favor by giving us an opportunity to do so.
    -Mahatma Gandhi

Every contact we have with a customer influences whether or not they’ll come back. We have to be great every time or we’ll lose them.
    -Kevin Stirtz
    Jill I could not agree more
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

If I had a large and publicly traded company, I would kidnap Jill and install her as the head of CS. FC should print out her above comment and plaster the walls with it until it sinks in.

Quote Originally Posted by ultion View Post
    If I had a large and publicly traded company, I would kidnap Jill and install her as the head of CS. FC should print out her above comment and plaster the walls with it until it sinks in.
    This, I don't always completely agree with Jill, but mostly agree, yes, yes I do.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Djiax View Post
    The new nuke is a joke...
    Well atleast the new nano made pops Djiax and Srompu out of sneak :O
    *Rooh*

{edited for inappropriate content}

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Would have been much better if you simply removed the % based damage part of DM, and perhaps turned that into a pure pvp nano.
    90% less whines that way, but it was your choice and what done is done.
    This +1000!!!

Seems like a vastly more reasonable solution.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Would have been much better if you simply removed the % based damage part of DM, and perhaps turned that into a pure pvp nano. 90% less whines that way, but it was your choice and what done is done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    This +1000!!! Seems like a vastly more reasonable solution.
    No thanks!

DM was essential for me in PvE. Making it PvP only would still destroy my defensive focused NT. But it doesn't matter now. What is done is done. Let's just hope Funcom come up with a solution soon, so I have a reason to reactivate for Halloween and Christmas (this anniversary was scrapped for obvious reasons).
    Izgimmy
    [220/30/80 Nano Technician]
    Dellingr
    [220/30/72 Engineer]
    Avalinn
    [220/30/80 Doctor]

Plus many more...
    Tiralinn
    [220/30/78 Bureaucrat]

Iz, i've edited my post, perhaps i was a bit fuzzy over what i really mean
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Just to the point of "unofficial comments" being made in Irc, I know two managers who where otherwise brilliant at their jobs but unfortunately made one or two gaffs on social media site and as a result one received dismissal the other disciplinary action.

Politicians have lost their position for the same reasons, mostly relating to twitter in fact.

I guess you can't be too careful.

Iz, i've edited my post, perhaps i was a bit fuzzy over what i really mean
    Ah, now I understand. Thank you for clarifying! Yeah, that would definitely work, so +1000 to that suggestion
    Izgimmy
    [220/30/80 Nano Technician]
    Dellingr
    [220/30/72 Engineer]
    Avalinn
    [220/30/80 Doctor]

Plus many more...
    Tiralinn
    [220/30/78 Bureaucrat]

-Zig Ziglar

-Bill Gates

-Giorgio Armani

-Anonymous

-Mahatma Gandhi

-Kevin Stirtz
    QFT Jill

But I think FC was more thinking in this one:

Hodor!
    -Hodor
    Clan FTW
    Master Veteran General Crusher "Forz"
    Neophyte Administrator "Buroz"
    Neophyte Sergeant "Rocketz"
    Novice "Nuketz"
    Apprentice "Pepitaz"
    Mentalist "Odinz"
    Novice "Forzjr"

“Two things are infinite: The Universe and Omni Solitus SB. And I'm not sure about the Universe.” (Albert L33tstein)

Lol, something like that yeah.

-Zig Ziglar

-Bill Gates

-Giorgio Armani

-Anonymous

-Mahatma Gandhi

-Kevin Stirtz
    Thank you Jill.

I was struggling how to word a very similar type of response. You did it perfectly.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

-Zig Ziglar

-Bill Gates

-Giorgio Armani

-Anonymous

-Mahatma Gandhi

-Kevin Stirtz
    Thank you Jill for this post. This was everything i wanted to say but worded better than i could have done. 100% Agree with Jill's post.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast