Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Detonation Matrix

I didn't even bother posting in the thread in the NT profession forum about this change because past experience has led me to believe no amount of discussion on our part is going to change anything (plus, by the time I'd caught up, pretty much everything I would've wanted to say had already been said).

I can't even any more. The direction of the most recent set of changes has been very disappointing, sorry to say.
    :E

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I think there are 2 different things being discussed and you've sorta misread my post (I said 'on demand' bug). But to clarify:

The bug, I thought, was someone figuring out how to trigger that large hit at their own will.
    The steps it takes to trigger the bug are known, but it still required timing which is never more than 80-90% accurate.

Just because you know it's "up up down down left right left right" doesn't mean you get the timing 100% of the time.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    The steps it takes to trigger the bug are known, but it still required timing which is never more than 80-90% accurate.

Just because you know it's "up up down down left right left right" doesn't mean you get the timing 100% of the time.
    And why does that matter at this point? Guess I"m getting lost on the point you're making. I was asking Neista a question and you got confused regarding what I was asking.. she wasn't, obviously, since she answered it.. think that topic is done, no?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I don't generally agree with Masta's posts, but he's on the right side here. Countless NTs were blatantly abusing this bug as much as they could while Funcom tried to fix it, and none of them were denouncing it. You deserve an unusable nano as punishment for your behavior. Funcom did the right thing - there have to be consequences for stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNilvarg View Post
    I don't generally agree with Masta's posts, but he's on the right side here. Countless NTs were blatantly abusing this bug as much as they could while Funcom tried to fix it, and none of them were denouncing it. You deserve an unusable nano as punishment for your behavior. Funcom did the right thing - there have to be consequences for stupidity.
    "None of them denouncing it". Where are you getting your data? Read below:

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofat View Post
    I seriously hope this isn't an accurate picture of what we're getting to fix DM.

I've not logged in since I learned how to perform the DM exploit for fear of being tempted into it - and subsequently get 'used' to that sort of power; such that no replacement could ever make NT feel as powerful again.

This isn't exactly the reward for good behavior I was hoping for. A nuke that effectively renders my entire build catastrophically inadequate vs a pistol-wielding candy dispenser.

Do a good job please - I don't want to prolong my hiatus in order to try and skip yet another NT dark age. (I've lived through enough of those; thanks)
    I know for a fact this guy isn't the only one. Many of the people complaining about the bug on the forums have TL7 NTs btw.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

If Funcom has a vindictive spirit like that, things are way worse than we knew....
    Why?

1. they had YEARS to fix it
    2. after it got out of hand with only a few clan NTs openly exploiting the bug Genele herself said "it's okay, just do it", AFTER which countless NTs started abusing it
    3. what about the players who didn't abuse the bug at all ?

Quote Originally Posted by teysor View Post
    If Funcom has a vindictive spirit like that, things are way worse than we knew....
    They do actually...

Genele: was more reasonable to make it useless for a couple of patches after all that abuse

You know what, I wasn't gonna post again, but to hell with it.

Get a grip. This is just another example of a few idiots ruining it for the rest. I'm not convinced that every single NT was taking advantage of this bug, more likely that it was just a trouble-causing minority - hell, most of the NTs I know didn't even know how to duplicate the exploit nor had much interest in learning.

Same stupidity that resulted in the proposal of a blanket cooldown of 20 minutes on fixer meeps. A few idiots, and everyone suffers. This blanket approach and similar bad decisions has been the last straw for me, I'm going back to being a froob for a while after my subs run out.

EDIT: Pafpuf if that's a genuine quote, that makes things even worse. I don't like the implication that a member of the AO team applies such broad strokes to their own community. The follow-on implication is that every time a small minority find a new bug to exploit or a mechanic to grief with, everyone else has to suffer nerfs due to knee-jerk responses. The more this happens the more any semblance of "balance" becomes a quagmire of broken professions. So much for the rebalance eh? (Yeah, I know, but still.)
    Last edited by Ahndracorvid; Jun 27th, 2014 at 21:10:48.
    :E

Quite frankly, the conversation in IRC frequently goes by at a very fast pace, and that is a single line with no context. On top of it, Genele's discussion in IRC is extremely tongue-in-cheek, and taking whatever she says there seriously and attempting to portray it as policy is pure flamebaiting. Any more of it will be falling foul of the civility post.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Quite frankly, the conversation in IRC frequently goes by at a very fast pace, and that is a single line with no context. On top of it, Genele's discussion in IRC is extremely tongue-in-cheek, and taking whatever she says there seriously and attempting to portray it as policy is pure flamebaiting. Any more of it will be falling foul of the civility post.
    Well fine, but if someone makes a public gaff they normally get held to account for it, but if you start using the censor hammer to nullify justified critique, then what are you ?

Honest question there, because customers are complaining about recent changes and are upset should be something to take note of rather than sweep under the carpet in the name of civil rights, what about the rights of the paying customer?
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Does it really need context ? Sadly the only logical explanation behind the situation at hand is that they are in fact making fun of the community. I refuse to believe that their level of ignorance is high enough to replace a profession's vital nano with something they can't even use. After all, testlive players gave their feedback, forum posters gave their feedback. It's not that hard to change a few numbers, actually you don't even have to be a programmer to use the search fuction, look for a certain value and edit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    Does it really need context ? Sadly the only logical explanation behind the situation at hand is that they are in fact making fun of the community. I refuse to believe that their level of ignorance is high enough to replace a profession's vital nano with something they can't even use. After all, testlive players gave their feedback, forum posters gave their feedback. It's not that hard to change a few numbers, actually you don't even have to be a programmer to use the search fuction, look for a certain value and edit it.

There absolutely no doubt the live community that the DM fix is an utterly shamboloic solution but we customers are stuck with it.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    Well fine, but if someone makes a public gaff they normally get held to account for it, but if you start using the censor hammer to nullify justified critique, then what are you ?

Honest question there, because customers are complaining about recent changes and are upset should be something to take note of rather than sweep under the carpet in the name of civil rights, what about the rights of the paying customer?
    Your rights as a paying customer allow you to complain. They do not allow you to be abusive.
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Look folks,

The forum rules do not allow personal attacks and what you all have been doing is exactly that. The new policy posted in the Announcements and stickied in several forums is due to the over the top abusive posts you have been making. If you want to complain feel free. We aren't sweeping things under the rug we are removing threads which contain personal attacks. If you can't post civilly about the matter then take a break and come back and post when you have calmed down. If you have to turn to attacks on a persons character, sexuality, skill or anything else, don't post.

There are several posts still posted to these forums complaining about the changes Funcom has made to AO, we haven't removed them nor are we going to, but we will continue to enforce the rules of the forums removing posts which are abusive in nature, or just trolling. Post constructively and there won't be an issue.

And Personal opinion on how the game should be changed versus that which the Developers are doing doesn't equal inept or anything of the similar statements. It equals a disagreement between your train of thought and that of the developers, who I might add at least have access to the code base of the game which gives them a different perspective than you have.
    Director Bekrowe
    ARK Community Relations
    Public Forums Moderator
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

:: Social Guidelines ::
    :: Ark Public Website :: Social Events with ARK :: Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry :: ARK Tours :: Join ARK!

Then the GD should post - in writing and after making sure it is exactly as they want it read/interpreted - for all to see and read.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I was asking Neista a question and you got confused regarding what I was asking.. she wasn't, obviously, since she answered it..
    I forget sometimes responding to you requires a bit more specifics. Your question was if the bug could be done on command. The answer I gave was "the steps to trigger the bug" could be done but they still required timing which could never be 100%.

There never were many 220 NT's using the bug because there just weren't too many people that knew the steps to trigger the bug. However once it was announced that it was not an exploit, that information spread like wildfire in the last 1-2months and people that had mothballed 220 nt's brought them out to play.

I saw several carb armor/med suit nt's that normally are just used for ado-pen escourt or spirit room kiting in apf and pande all the sudden. That announcement that it was not an exploit is what caused this avalanche.

Now all nt's are nerfed with a useless nano, that cost countless raid hours and points getting parts to make.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Funcom employee

The main reason why Detonation matrix was changed with these particular numbers can be found in the nano documents. The only numbers I did not update to the nano documents were the local cooldown, attack and recharge timers as they would have given NTs an unfair advantage without the remaining nano changes that has to come in with 18.7. Changing them in 18.6 would cause conflicting data in the two branches. I can agree that the solution I picked was probably not the best one, but it was made quickly with the intention of making it right in 18.7.
    I am currently working out a better temporary solution for the nano program with the professionals and get it patched in with the next 18.6 patch (which will hopefully be the last 18.6 patch before we patch 18.7 to testlive).

For the record, we always toss around random comments and sarcasm in IRC. If I want to announce something publicly, I write in the forums. Quotes from IRC or quotes in general that has been taken out of context should not be taken seriously.
    Last edited by Genele; Jun 28th, 2014 at 04:01:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Bekrowe View Post
    Look folks,

The forum rules do not allow personal attacks and what you all have been doing is exactly that. The new policy posted in the Announcements and stickied in several forums is due to the over the top abusive posts you have been making.
    Have I been seeing a lot of feedback recently from mods/etc expressing their discontent with angry posts from the players? You have to ask yourself, why does the trend for forum posters seem to be hyper-critical of game development and developer feedback? No need to answer, just something to think about.

I personally never used the DM exploit on my NT, though from what I understand, it was as easy as pressing the letter e (use.) 0o Kudos to the one who figured that out... in the end, it will be fixed, and that will be one less exploit to worry about. Doesn't change the fact that my NT needs re-tooled just to cast at the minimum requirements, and that includes CM--possibly a breed change from Soli to NM is in order? At first I thought the change was for "Breed Enforcement", but alas, Genele explains why. Good enough for me, for now.

By the way, who exactly is Garuk?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaffiend View Post
    Have I been seeing a lot of feedback recently from mods/etc expressing their discontent with angry posts from the players? You have to ask yourself, why does the trend for forum posters seem to be hyper-critical of game development and developer feedback? No need to answer, just something to think about.
    We have thought about it, and occasionally discuss it, but it has to be understood that it is not technically relevant to enforcing the policies of the forums.

By the way, who exactly is Garuk?
    Garuk is a former GM, and the former boss of ARK. He works doing QA in the company now (I believe). All around really nice guy, actually. And he loves shepherd's pie. (random trivia)
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Garuk is a former GM, and the former boss of ARK. He works doing QA in the company now (I believe). All around really nice guy, actually. And he loves shepherd's pie. (random trivia)
    Just tell him "STOP PLAY ON TEST WITH GM BUFF PLOOOOZ"
    We don't have GM buff to cast nano !!

xD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast