Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Detonation Matrix

Detonation Matrix

Was is so hard to just remove the Player Attack Part of this Nano ?

I told my friends before patch.

"I bet they will **** it up".

And what should i say.. .

you did it !

horrible

What you made here now is a asskick for every NT out there.

Did you guys ask the NT Professional about this change ?

I bet not then such a **** would not have happend.

greetings
    Last edited by Xolim; Jun 24th, 2014 at 19:32:49.

whatre u gonna do about it

It's pretty godawful; I logged my NT to verify and was never more grateful that I have other 220s *and* that I only created the NT for S35 support.

Quote Originally Posted by Xolim View Post
    Did you guys ask the NT Professional about this change ?
    First I heard about it was reading the preliminary patchnotes. Must have been some truly massive whining going on based on some people abusing it or something.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

mhmm

The funny thing is that this exploit is so old.

I reported it several times. Over years.

That exploits have to be fixed is good.

But it also Shows me that the community has changed a lot.

When a exploit which is years old causes Problems now.

The "fix" itselfe.

The way this exploit got fixed it just horrible.

1. This "fix" destroyed the NT. The NT is now again a 1 button spam class.
    All you have to do now is spam IU. Everything else lowers the damage.
    And removing DM alone is already a huge dmg loss.

2. This "fix" made the ai dot line useless.
    I spend a lot of time getting the AI Level to use this dots.
    And now ist completly useless.

3. This "fix" brought NTs a uncastable new Nuke.

Point 3 is really funny because i really wonder if the devs have a clue about the game.
    The new nuke is bader then IU. It has a recharge like RK nukes making it completly useless.
    Not to mention the MC requirements.

Maybe the devs Play with GM buffs and then they wonder why noone can use it.

And what really pisses me off is that it seems that NOONE from the devs really cares.

They did not see this coming ?

Is gets worse every day.

I hope when new engine comes out the glorius NPE brings you the profit AO needs.
    Because thats what AO needs then. NEW PLAYERS !

Was so HAPPY last weeek when i finaly got lvl 215 and coud use my nanodeck to use Detonation Matrix nuke.
    Now that happyness is almost 1k mater creat skill away.And all the time i used to save enough creds for that nuke.
    Last edited by Delomah; Jun 25th, 2014 at 10:24:58.

Well, the damage output on this new GIVA nano is about half of IU if you can manage 3000 MC

Also it's apparently put out in this state because of loads of crying about the sploit. I guess cheaters and sploiters will forever do their best to ruin the games they play.

Moving on, it's not yet received the various other tunings to the cast system that will make this nano viable. Nor the buffs that NTs will have to get to these lvls of MC. So, we're seeing something in the earliest possible stage of development. But on the live server, to fix a problem caused by a few idiots.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Masta stop defending ******* by attacking players... the bug was also ******* fault and now after trader and mp they screw another prof ... what can i say congorats to *******

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Well, the damage output on this new GIVA nano is about half of IU if you can manage 3000 MC

Also it's apparently put out in this state because of loads of crying about the sploit. I guess cheaters and sploiters will forever do their best to ruin the games they play.

Moving on, it's not yet received the various other tunings to the cast system that will make this nano viable. Nor the buffs that NTs will have to get to these lvls of MC. So, we're seeing something in the earliest possible stage of development. But on the live server, to fix a problem caused by a few idiots.
    Nope we can't blame exploiters for this, since it was a known issue for so long time and they could come up with a real fix and not this absurdity. It's 100% incompetence from the designers. It's also obvious noone in FC's upper management gives a rat's ass for AO in order to "fix" the repeated awful decision making from AO dev team.

People we got to respond with our money or petition to someone who really cares and wants to listen. We have our share of responsibility for the current bad state of AO.
    Last edited by teysor; Jun 25th, 2014 at 13:31:06. Reason: spelling
    Why?

Agree with Teysor their fix is an absurdity. The worse thing at this new fail is the speed, attack and recharge even if they lower mc requirement is stupid. You have 10 seconds lock on it so its stupid to cast in 6-7 seconds.

When i logged my NT to test the "new" nano i really couldn't beleive the reqs. Im curious at what was the point? Was it really easier to create a brand new unusable nano?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

the randomness of the "bug" was around for years. The ability to exploit towers and mobs occurred recently (like the last few months).

In five years, never saw the tower damage or mob damage be able to be done with every attack. And we all know - if it was, we would have seen it.

So...... something changed or was newly discovered to take advantage of the random bug to create a bug that could be exploited.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

I dont think so. Some time ago I knew an NT who would finish off s13/28 bosses on command to avoid all the crap that happened at the end of the kill, i think the way to use it intentionally was, until recently, a secret only a few people knew who were smart enough to keep it to themselves....once it hit the pvp community i guess there was no stopping it.

Also my theory as to why it wasnt considered an exploit originally was probably a lot of people only started using it because the other side was using it and to have any chance to fight on an even playing field they felt they had to do the same, thus Genele would have been reluctant to ban everyone using it because by then it was probably hard to tell who had started it and who was only using it to stay afloat.

Not that any of this excuses the idiotic way FC fixed this, just my opinion of the bug...
    Last edited by Neista; Jun 25th, 2014 at 22:41:04.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    I dont think so. Some time ago I knew an NT who would finish off s13/28 bosses on command to avoid all the crap that happened at the end of the kill, i think the way to use it intentionally was, until recently, a secret only a few people knew who were smart enough to keep it to themselves....once it hit the pvp community i guess there was no stopping it.

Also my theory as to why it wasnt considered an exploit originally was probably a lot of people only started using it because the other side was using it and to have any chance to fight on an even playing field they felt they had to do the same, thus Genele would have been reluctant to ban everyone using it because by then it was probably hard to tell who had started it and who was only using it to stay afloat.

Not that any of this excuses the idiotic way FC fixed this, just my opinion of the bug...
    Ok.. and now I guess I see what Utopian was talking about in another thread. Are you saying that this 'on command' bug was around longer than the last few months and that entire raids full of people knew a NT could do it? I was under the impression that funcom was only made aware of it recently (last few months). Did you make them aware of it before then?
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jun 25th, 2014 at 22:47:18.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Ok.. and now I guess I see what Utopian was talking about in another thread. Are you saying that this 'on command' bug was around longer than the last few months and that entire raids full of people knew a NT could do it? I was under the impression that funcom was only made aware of it recently (last few months). Did you make them aware of it before then?
    The bug has been around for YEARS, only recently did it become known the "bug" could be duplicated on command with 80-90% accuracy. Contrary to popular belief it is not 100% because there is still a timing factor by the user...from what I understand.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    The bug has been around for YEARS, only recently did it become known the "bug" could be duplicated on command with 80-90% accuracy. Contrary to popular belief it is not 100% because there is still a timing factor by the user...from what I understand.
    I think there are 2 different things being discussed and you've sorta misread my post (I said 'on demand' bug). But to clarify:

Detonation matrix, for as long as I've been aware of it, would always randomly do a really huge amount of damange. The key word here is randomly.. meaning the player (NT) would do nothing in particular to cause the large hit. To be honest, I never realized that was a bug.. I thought that was working as intended. I had a couple TL7 NT's in my org and that hit would happen maybe on average once in a raid. The nano's called 'detonation matrix' sounds like something that would make a big BOOM to me. Anyway, if this was not working as intended then let's just add this to the list of "things that are bugs but have been left in game so long that most people think that's how they're supposed to work".

The bug, I thought, was someone figuring out how to trigger that large hit at their own will. It is that bug that I am asking Neista about because that's what she indicates was happening at APF raids in the past (large hit being triggered at the will of the NT).
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jun 25th, 2014 at 23:05:38.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I think there are 2 different things being discussed and you've sorta misread my post (I said 'on demand' bug). But to clarify:

Detonation matrix, for as long as I've been aware of it, would always randomly do a really huge amount of damange. The key word here is randomly.. meaning the player (NT) would do nothing in particular to cause the large hit. To be honest, I never realized that was a bug.. I thought that was working as intended. I had a couple TL7 NT's in my org and that hit would happen maybe on average once in a raid. The nano's called 'detonation matrix' sounds like something that would make a big BOOM to me. Anyway, if this was not working as intended then let's just add this to the list of "things that are bugs but have been left in game so long that most people think that's how they're supposed to work".

The bug, I thought, was someone figuring out how to trigger that large hit at their own will. It is that bug that I am asking Neista about because that's what she indicates was happening at APF raids in the past (large hit being triggered at the will of the NT).
    I never actually saw anyone do it on command.....But there was definitely a couple of NT's who claimed there was a way of doing it and they knew how it was done. Were they being truthful or just blowing hot air? i dont really know...i just know the rumors.

*Edit* Once or twice after the DM megahit went off i know someone claimed they had done it on purpose, but i've seen also APF raids wiped because the Detonation Matrix went off at a point where it would not kill the general but would in fact trigger waves of adds and generally wipe the raidforce....its hard to imagine anyone doing that deliberatly...
    Last edited by Neista; Jun 25th, 2014 at 23:16:51.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

I did the DM bug once on Beast ages ago and I thought I'd lagged out.

Especially when I had 3 pinks beating my face in.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

The new nuke is a joke. The dev responsible fo rthat design should be fired instantly for failing so hard. I can't believe it hahaha

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast