Thread: I know this might get buried because the forums are moving so fast,

I know this might get buried because the forums are moving so fast,

But does anyone have an inside scoop on the engine? Is it for realzies this time? Or is the closed beta just the normal game with shadows and forced AA?

Also, how are you?
    Sturmie "Sturmfaust" Smalls, 220 Enforcer. (Totally the Enforcer on Ninj00's Billboard)
    The Syndicate Join the Family.

First Enforcer on Rimor to declare war on Romania as a whole, not because of their beliefs, but simply because they're different.

It is in closed beta currently, the engine is indeed real, and im doing well thank you
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Not much AA in it.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by ithacana View Post
    soon™
    /fixed
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

So what happened to the new heads/textures they had posted years ago? Is it true that those were just fake? Entire games have been made in 4 years.

(Edit: I have no idea what I'm talking about)
    Last edited by Sturmfaust; Jun 20th, 2014 at 13:27:18.
    Sturmie "Sturmfaust" Smalls, 220 Enforcer. (Totally the Enforcer on Ninj00's Billboard)
    The Syndicate Join the Family.

First Enforcer on Rimor to declare war on Romania as a whole, not because of their beliefs, but simply because they're different.

Well, seeing as how they actually existed, I don't think you could call them fake

My guess is they've been bumped way down on the list of stuff to do, as we're currently seeing the result of the 3rd or something do-over, this time started by 2 guys and now just 1 guy who also has to do a bunch of other things.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I remember what Mean said about the Head back does years, he said that first there be the engine and new player experience..Then they will add the heads later, so heads are on a pause. They probably have to remodel the body as well since its pretty lowpoly and will look strange with a head in another quality. It was Asian company doing the head models, they look good. texture looks good to. Just need the body. Modeling a new body with rigging and mapping takes me exactly 6 hours..

Some bodies were made already.

Also, taking a body from some random place and stretching it a bit to match your own project is easy. Making one from near scratch and making it fit an existing set of bones, animations, textures and adhering meshes? Quite a different beast altogether... and incomparable.
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Some bodies were made already.

Also, taking a body from some random place and stretching it a bit to match your own project is easy. Making one from near scratch and making it fit an existing set of bones, animations, textures and adhering meshes? Quite a different beast altogether... and incomparable.
    Acutely it's not incomparable mate You place a old skeleton in to a new mesh and match the envelopes skinning. Animation have nothing to do really with bones, i have the same animations
    for different bones and meshes. I can make monsters dance gangnam style just like i can. It is not that complicated if you know how this works. You use placeholders for weapons and armor (armor system in Ao is pretty simple compared to what i use. Does placeholders/dummys are connected to different bones. So if you put ann old skeleton in to a new mesh, does placeholder should be at the exact same transform position, holding weapons should be in the same positions etc. Also lines up animation stance. Texture followes mesh. I had remoddel one of our models the otherday because i found that that his arms where not 100% anatomic, it tok me a whole day getting him back with all codes and attachments.

Ofc i understand your point, i never seen dreamengine to tell, if the dream engine complicates the process i just explained, then its the tool that complicate it, not the basic process.
    Last edited by Ironmax; Jun 20th, 2014 at 15:42:52.

You can't see their process, you don't know.

Here Masta, you can see what i mean with placeholders.
    http://www.blogcdn.com/massively.joy...2012/10/ao.jpg

I am pretty sure they are doing just fine with this
    Last edited by Ironmax; Jun 20th, 2014 at 16:59:13.