Thread: How to connect to Test

How to connect to Test

Whenever I attempt to, I get "Could not find the requested patch on any of the specified patch-servers." Everything is duplicated over, it's trying to patch from 18.6.12_EP1 to 18.6.12.3_EP1

Then it is likely there isn't a live->test patch for that currently... you used to be able to browse the patcher directory so you could see what was available, but that's been disabled it seems... still, if I try to visit http://tx3-01.funcom.com/d/v18.6.12_EP1-v18.6.12.3_EP1/ then I get a not found rather than a forbidden, so that does rather suggest a lack of patch.

As a temp fix, you could edit version.id to say 18.6.12.3_EP1 - if live is actually equivalent to 18.6.12.3, then that should be fine (if not, then you may need to re-dupe in future to sort it all out... though hopefully nothing worse )
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    As a temp fix, you could edit version.id to say 18.6.12.3_EP1 - if live is actually equivalent to 18.6.12.3, then that should be fine (if not, then you may need to re-dupe in future to sort it all out... though hopefully nothing worse )
    Looks like this worked. At least it let me log on, I haven't done anything ingame yet to see if it gives me any errors.

18.6.12.3_EP1 is the same as 18.6.12 on live.

If you do a shift+F9 on live and look at the bottom line of that information, it will say what test version that is equal to your live version.
    Reading everything backwards.