Thread: make the arena selfbuff only!

make the arena selfbuff only!

why cant this be done? When you enter the arena all of your outside buffs wil cancel out..

Because that would involve completely writting code for that playfield. There is no such thing as a fair duel. My advice, if you're dueling someone you know, you can trust no outside duels if thats the way you choose to duel. Any other case, buff like there's no 2marrow.

You get mochams, you get a wrangler, you cast your own uber buffs, you enter arena, only mochams and wrangler are cancelled... still unfair.

Well it kills those professions w/o any decent self buffs. As a crat I'd have some general buffs up and a speech running... and a "kill me" sticker on my forehead.
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

Once again, for those that are hard at hearing. You want a duel... go to Whine. You want to PVP anything, you go to arena. If you're doing anything other than a 1 on 1 duel, you are ignorant if you dont outside buff.

heh

to thread starter: no.

END.
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

Game isnt about selfbuffing else we would all have selfbuffs and no NCU space.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Thumbs up

Make missions self buffed only!

i have to disagree and agree at the same time...

i think at lower levels outside buffs give a much bigger inbalance to PvP than at higher levels. that is why we see Patk9 and Letah saying "no".

i would like to see "duels" and "battles"

duels: self-buffed
    battles: get all the buffs you want

but, like i said...PvP after 125 depends more on your profession than outside buffs

kurtz
    Pre-14.6 Freshman Boycott "Toolboxau" Canada - Legend 200 - Unit Member of Reborn - Proud American and Proud Conservative

ChanOP in FC's offical #anarchyonline; visit irc.funcom.com

Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
    Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right
    Have you forgetten?

all i see here are crying people about selfbuffs who cares if someone goes out and finds so cool buffs let them. hell i will not turn down a HE if someone offers it to me. but i try to stay self buff most the time.
    it is a arena a 0% zone. be happy that you do not get ganked every time you go in there. at less people are cool in the arena most the time unlike the tir arena.
    Proud member of TAG
    Zedtheknife - Keeper Equip
    Weapons I use on Zedtheknife
    Gelids
    Copy of the Excaliber
    Frost-bound Reaper
    Zed "Doczed" Dabucho Equip
    Zedthepimp MA
    Zedddd (120) Trader
    Zedthekiller (115) MP
    Zedtheone (105) Enf

Originally posted by mgbkurtz
    i have to disagree and agree at the same time...

i think at lower levels outside buffs give a much bigger inbalance to PvP than at higher levels. that is why we see Patk9 and Letah saying "no".

i would like to see "duels" and "battles"

duels: self-buffed
    battles: get all the buffs you want

but, like i said...PvP after 125 depends more on your profession than outside buffs

kurtz
    Yes but the original thread asked for a selfbuffed feature when entering arena, so thats a big nono, the war of the small lvl twinks is so small compared to the rest

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Originally posted by Letah

Yes but the original thread asked for a selfbuffed feature when entering arena, so thats a big nono, the war of the small lvl twinks is so small compared to the rest
    ek, but it's the low level twinks that are most affected. a 71 reflect shield does alot more damage as a percentage at levl 10 than at lvl 100...

making the arena self-buff only is bad, but i don't like the fact that now that OE is gone the person with the best outside buffs wins nearly all the time (at low level)...i think someone has to agree with me there

low level PvP:
    "oh, my essence is bigger than your essence"
    "my reflect shield is bigger than your reflect shield"

what it's supposed to be (at low levels):
    1/ the player with the better implant scheme should win
    2/ the player with the best calcualtions as per what weapon/armor they could use should win
    3/ the player with the better strategy, should win

that would explain who are the better twinkers...they should be the ones most in favor of this

kurtz
    Pre-14.6 Freshman Boycott "Toolboxau" Canada - Legend 200 - Unit Member of Reborn - Proud American and Proud Conservative

ChanOP in FC's offical #anarchyonline; visit irc.funcom.com

Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
    Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right
    Have you forgetten?

Talking Heh, I am always self buffed

WEll, not to brag or anything, but my lvl 17 MA is always self buffed and always kicks some major but cause of his ql 60 imps (A total time of 3 hours to get those babies in). So dont pvp if you dont know how to twink...

Originally posted by Letah
    Game isnt about selfbuffing else we would all have selfbuffs and no NCU space.

Not yet anyways, but it will be soon.

And as fer self buff only... try ... no. Sounds to me like some noob went to the arena and got owned.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

This self buffed duel stuff is nonsense.

How did you get your armor on before you got to the arena?

How did you get your gun on?

How did you get your IMPLANTS in.

Arena duels, esp the low level twink kinds, are full of bad blood, if you spank a punk, they always end up on your ignore list 1 min after the fight is over. One of the reasons I like MMD/2ho a lot more, though you still get some nasty tells from time to time, most people just leave it.

I totaly agree with the idea of Self buff duels in the arena.
    Why ? Because i do think that i have done my best and spend a lot of time to be able to twink as much as i can my charz , personnaly i got a 9 agent with QL 50ish Implants and an Enf 33 with 90 imps and stuff like 80+ish set of armorz .
    Result ?
    I win all my duelz that are self buffed with ppl i know that are self buffed like me(not much often vs traderz too^^) but i get a§§kicked hard by awesome outsidebuffed ones. So yeah , maybe i should do the same and get all the buffs i can get and ruin the arena...but sorry how can you see the benefit of your own hard work cause yeah it takes a lot of time to do so(IMO)?
    That's why a self buffed arena will show how good you did your job to make it.

PS: Sorry for my bad english(i work on it hard to^^)

Yeah cancel outside buffs. Then you would be able to see who is really good at pvp. Maybe make an arena specific for selfbuffed pvp... I know i would be there. Make it like a thunderdome.
    Cauterized - NT parked at current lvl until the NT is fixed
    Mortalstrike - Former pvp twink Soldier - The original one

Best thing about sex is when you lay completely still in bed afterwards feeling all comfy and are counting the money.

You're forgetting us 75+ players though who also do mass pvp in the arena's. Now and then clan invades omni ent and Omni invades Tir. To clear them you need a big force and shoot em out. Selfbuffed? Of course not, I'm sure you understand that.

The Arena's are not just the war-of-twinks are-only, its ours too.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Would there be any need for outside buffs if everyone else was selfbuffed ? And as i said. Make a new arena for selfbuffed pvpers
    Cauterized - NT parked at current lvl until the NT is fixed
    Mortalstrike - Former pvp twink Soldier - The original one

Best thing about sex is when you lay completely still in bed afterwards feeling all comfy and are counting the money.

Bump for new indoor arena, with a glass wall, so that we can place bets on who wins!

*puts his bookie hat on*
    Apprentice Frakk // MA - Rk1 - Stuff - Quote
    Sunye // Doc - Rk1 - Quote
    Rookie Frakk2000 // MA - Rk2
    Freshman Frakked // Soldier - Rk2
    Apprentice Frakk2001 // Doc - Rk2

Frakk2000's guide to twinking -> link <-
    Adventures of Frakkman
    BondeLAN.org
    Overpowered since 15.0 - MA forever!