Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 18.6.12

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Maybe you misunderstand, I saw your suggestions and have said "more than once" they are not very good imo. I have also said your suggestions do not overcome the main drawback of BS which is the fact that it is NOT FUN enough to attract more pvm players. Which is what all your suggestions revolve around is getting more participation.

Try to think outside the box for a change, 3x daily rewards were not enough to get massive participation from pvm crowd only the pvp crowd was religious about it. Unless you suggest handing out db bracers or beast loot, rewards are not going to make a difference to the pvm crowd. The mechanics of pvp balance is what's wrong with BS. Capture the flag format is perfect for pvm crowd, stepping out of decon and getting AS capped hits from every prof except enf/keep/shade is a horrible game play debacle. Although all 3 of those profs can substitute capped dimach/sneak attack if they choose. Pvm players in leveling setups don't really stand a chance in those scenerios, they feel like cattle being herded to the slaughter.

It's not fun for pvm crowd is what you don't want to acknowledge.
    Absolutely true, but even more importantly is the reason it is not fun, or at least no longer fun. In 2003 to about 2006 or 2007. The game was generally balanced, it took teams to take out towers, etc. It was fun. Then came those who like to win in pvp at any cost (there were always some but the number increased). Soon following were the myriad of exploits etc. that we have today in pvp. So those who chose to play the game for fun rather than for a personal purpose tend to avoid pvp. Your right, pvp is no longer fun(and I agree pvm is loosing its appeal as well). Two things fc can and should do is simply delete toons/accounts of those who use exploits, and change the venue to make it fun again. Or simply split the pvp into it's own leveling/rewards line as has been suggested in the past several times. The current method, started in 2006 with nerfing le missions to force people into bs is doomed to fail. Failed then, failing now, and will continue to fail in driving people into doing something that is not fun to do.

Glad at least someone gets it.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    Absolutely true, but even more importantly is the reason it is not fun, or at least no longer fun. In 2003 to about 2006 or 2007. The game was generally balanced, it took teams to take out towers, etc. It was fun. Then came those who like to win in pvp at any cost (there were always some but the number increased). Soon following were the myriad of exploits etc. that we have today in pvp. So those who chose to play the game for fun rather than for a personal purpose tend to avoid pvp. Your right, pvp is no longer fun(and I agree pvm is loosing its appeal as well). Two things fc can and should do is simply delete toons/accounts of those who use exploits, and change the venue to make it fun again. Or simply split the pvp into it's own leveling/rewards line as has been suggested in the past several times. The current method, started in 2006 with nerfing le missions to force people into bs is doomed to fail. Failed then, failing now, and will continue to fail in driving people into doing something that is not fun to do.
    Well stated, but there is a small ftfy to add - "Soon following were the myriad of exploits etc. SO that we have NO PVP today."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678