Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 18.6.12

Oh well, so much for miner daily giving me a reason to log on when I have very limited time and/or will have to go afk at times. It did get me to log on more often, meet and chat with people also doing it, and even forced me into the occasional PvP situation. And while I generally don't bother with BS, it was nice to know the option to do 3 of them for rapid exp and vp was there.

I am not seeing anything positive in this "fix", and quite a few negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Beornin View Post
    If you insist on sticking to principle on the 3xBS, please just keep the normal VP and tokenbonus, and add 3xdaily xp reward to the mission so it can actually be used to gain xp and research within a reasonable time.
    I think it is good that broken stuff (exploited by pvm'ers or not) gets removed or fixed, but the bs-change is a bit odd. My idea would be to let it be repeated more than 3 times but make it lock you out from the pvm-missions. Then there is a choice. Same with ofab and phatzs. Let ofab drop in pvm, but also add stuff (collectorboxes, bots, stimulants, clusters etc) to the vp shop. Win win and I think it would work
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    Oh and let me just add: To be totally honest, Genele or any other FC employee working on AO doesn't know sh*t about this game. Sure; they can fix graphics, hey can nerf stuff, they can add new items, they can break old items, they can spawn seasonal events, but they know jack about actually playing the game.
    sounds tru, not sure if it applies to G but yeah. Get off test fc, see the 'game'.

The totw-changes also had a detrimental effect. They could nerf the sl-xp from the totw-levelrange (so as many as possible go there for xp) and update the loot while buffing the mobs there a little. Instead they made it more carebear, ruined afkspots and ruined kitingtactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Here is another example of Genele's incompetence!

As level 16 froob I got the daily for Tarasque !!!
    *facepalm* srsly G...
    Last edited by Anarrina; May 23rd, 2014 at 15:47:18.

Angry wtf John Smith - mission

Whoot have u done with "john Smith" (the mission NPC in Borealis)?

If u pick a mission not battle station but some thing else ..... first u dont get any xp/sk only victory point and next if u pull a mission u can only choose tower or Avalon - ffs i did pick the last one with a lvl 60 char - how on earth u want someone to survive to get to "Tarasque"? At that low lvl!
    Quee

Quote Originally Posted by Quee View Post
    how on earth u want someone to survive to get to "Tarasque"? At that low lvl!
    Yeah, and is people with a genuine intrest for the tararaid intrested in lvl 60's being there?

This is gonna be another fail that gets exploited by pvm'ers
    Last edited by leetlover; May 23rd, 2014 at 10:54:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Quee View Post
    Whoot have u done with "john Smith" (the mission NPC in Borealis)?

If u pick a mission not battle station but some thing else ..... first u dont get any xp/sk only victory point
    https://forums.anarchy-online.com/sh...d.php?t=610959

Since they've removed so much more xp from lower levels, at least change BS so it starts with less people ... or get people in FC that know how to actually do stuff with the battlestations.
    I have yet to see a battlestation below 150 actually run to completion.

I almost have an idea they're just changing AO horribly so they can just scrap it, they don't want to care about it anymore. So they're making it so bad for the current players, such that they quit and they can finally say "oh people are leaving? finally we can stop"
    Last edited by Legendfluf; May 23rd, 2014 at 14:46:35.
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Each of the last few updates has been controversial, with some in favor and some (probably most) against; I have found myself in support of some unpopular changes before. But there is just nothing that anyone can agree with in this patch, except maybe fixing spelling errors.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Quote Originally Posted by Puheenjohtaja View Post
    Maybe they fixed detonation matrix? People would like to plant some ts towers and its pretty pointless when solo nt can poof them in 40secs.
    Are you irate because one NT can do what previously needed to be done with 5 NTs and a fixer?

Hey look at the bright side, at least you can still 1v1 the NT, no need for organized teams chasing a meep box all over RK.

Even brighter side of things is how SI doesnt work on CT's. But care to whine about that next time you take some fields with "3 people". (18 toons)

Love your whines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Unhappy

Well i guess this is just a new way of making AO less populated .....

I can almost guess they hate AO and do what ever they can to make us go to some other FC games - so they can end AO....
    Quee

did the bs-invite system got changed? takes loooong to get invited to a running bs.

update 214 BS - day 2 another 6 hours queued - 2 failed BS without enough one side and finally a missions update - only took 2 days for a "daily". But then I guess thats Fuai (thats F***ed up as intended for those that havnt been around FC enough yet).
    Last edited by Borgold; May 24th, 2014 at 16:54:40.

Fc, you are killing your game, research is boring, nothing new in pvm, nw became boring. At least 3* Bs give something to do (farm vp, LE 9 and 10, pvp).
    Last edited by dritst; May 24th, 2014 at 14:06:19.
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

change research cap on lev 9 and 10 research..

FC, do you even read these comments? Log in. BS is completely dead.

Seriously, your game is dying. At the very least, let us know you're paying attention.

At least my wife is happy that I'm now not doing dailies every day and staying online for 3-4 hours afterwards.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

This game isn't worth patching the client for anymore. When will tumbleweeds be designated as players so the bs will run? Looking forward to the game closure notice as the signs are all pointing to a controlled demolition and collapse.

Please hire me to do some proper programming on this game.

Seriously, it took what, 10 years(!!!) to change a leet tail object to not look like a SL chest?
    It is both funny and scary.

How can something like not checking for invalid JSON from GMI requests (quantity: -1) get through QA?
    This up the economy and you are busy adding a xmas tree in Newland?

Instead of reducing 3 BS/day to 1, program the daily to not be stackable and BS would perhaps run *more* instead of less thanks to this patch.

It undoubtedly feels like every single thing you choose to focus on is utterly ridiculous and adds little or nothing to the game.

Can't you have a morning meeting this Monday and say "Hey, for a change lets do some of the important parts that the community is nagging us about instead of around with the nonsensical parts of this game of which we can make sense of the spaghetti code we're left with?".

Have a great day.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jul 16th, 2014 at 16:52:00. Reason: removed obscenities

Quote Originally Posted by pontusen View Post
    ^ hire this guy.
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

The Don concurs, this change is bad. Undo!
    General of First Order

If you need to take away dailies that have been giving xp for Years because otherwise no one would do the battlestation daily ...

Then maybe the real solution would be to take away the BS daily since no one likes to do it now that the three for one deal is gone. PvP'rs don't want xp anyway once they get their toon to the appropriate level ... and they don't use BS to level since they don't bother to get their toon properly equipped to stay alive until they reach their target level.

I may have it wrong, as I do not Pvp, but that is my impression ... PvP'rs play BS after their toon is leveled, twinked, and equipped.

Put xp rewards back on the illegal miners & towers dailies.

Emma

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast