Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 18.6.12

This patch is another proof of TOTAL INCOMPETENCE of Genele...

One thing I am 100% sure is that thanks to this path there will be ZERO players coming back to AO.
    However there maybe some who will decide to quite/freeze account ...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecheeze2 View Post
    This.

Seriously FC. Updates used to be exciting. Now it just hurts every time I see that 'Patch' icon. You have a FANTASTIC game here, but listen to your players.
    If what I see on here is right, and this game is bleeding players, FC shouldn't be spending so much time correcting non-problems with solutions which make people angry, even if somehow they make things better in the long run. Really, nobody I have ever talked to was mad that you could get xp from John Smith without doing pvp. Nobody. Why change this now? Sure it was never intended by you, but who cares? Can you not sleep at night because something didn't turn out like you hoped? It wasn't breaking the game, not even close. Nobody was complaining, nobody was quitting over it, so why waste what precious little time and money you have on this?

If it really needs to be changed, why not pack the patch with some feel good changes to offset it? Seriously, just up the duration on several buffs to 1 hour and people will at least have something to look forward to. Something.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

i think they actually said that theyre nerfing tower tagging and mine dailies to encourage people to do bs and tara more.

except they nerfed bs daily too at the same time.
    The vanity of others runs counter to our taste only when it runs counter to our vanity.

Well the time is now 10.30 UK and the 200-214 BS has only poped once since the patch - oh and it failed as we had one for each side.

It's really just sad that Genele does not see, understand or take the feedback that changing PVP dailies and removing 3xBS is a really bad idea. Sure, it's within their right and power to change it, but it's still a change that push towards the slow descent into the abyss instead of keeping the game afloat or even growing. I'm an eternal optimist, and still actually believe this old gem has the potential to grow.

In what possible way will this lead to anything positive?
    -Will not people who did BS for 3x daily on their many chars of different levels just not bother?
    -Will the ones who still do daily BS do more than 1 BS now?
    -Will anyone bother with the other pvp dailies that only give VP, except for a mission or two on new chars that need 200 vp for a hud item?

What puzzles me is that Genele has several times explained that they chose not to change Elysium heckler-aoe with 220 outside tank because it would annoy people too much. Still they change PVP dailies and remove xp from most missions, and make you have to spend time doing an entire BS for 1 daily reward.

I agree that many players use ely aoe to level their chars and alts. However, do more people do this or do more people do different pvp dailies for levelling and research? Ely usually has 1-2 aoe-teams, and frequently the members of the teams stay in team for 3-6hours or longer. All in all, the number of characters being levelled in aoe-teams per day is not too large. On the other side, if you stayed at pvp daily npc for 15min during primetime the last few weeks, you'd easily see 25 characters coming and going picking up pvp missions. My wild guess is there are 100+ times more players, on 200+ more characters, who use pvp dailies to get xp and research on their chars each day, compared to how many use ely aoe-teams. An amusing point is that many actually level their characters through ranges with few team-opportunities, for example lvl 100-160, through pvp and pve dailies instead of waiting in line for an ely aoe-team. With only pve daily and 1 bs daily available, this goes from being a viable solution to being very slow.

If this is news to you, please check it out.

If you know this, I can't understand why you make this change. Why avoid changing bad game mechanics that allow ely kite-aoe levelling with no risk or effort for a few, while remove a useful way to level and research chars of any level, available on demand to all players. For a game that pioneered content on demand, this is a really odd move.

If you insist on sticking to principle on the 3xBS, please just keep the normal VP and tokenbonus, and add 3xdaily xp reward to the mission so it can actually be used to gain xp and research within a reasonable time. Save face if you want, noone cares as long as we can play the game and make our chars in more, not less, reasonable timeframes.

Making these changes where you remove xp from pvp missions and remove 3xBS daily based on the principle that people should pvp to receive pvp rewards after all this time, is like removing the asphalt from the sidewalk because you originally put the asphalt there to allow bikes to ride faster, but after a few years you realized noone was riding bikes and everyone was jogging, and you figured removing the asphalt would be a great idea to get the joggers riding bikes again.
    Last edited by Beornin; May 22nd, 2014 at 22:41:07.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

This is what happens when FC listens to the pvp-community by "encouraging" pvm'ers to pvp by nerfing "pvp"-dailies. Blame yourselves guys.

Oh and let me just add: To be totally honest, Genele or any other FC employee working on AO doesn't know about this game. Sure; they can fix graphics, hey can nerf stuff, they can add new items, they can break old items, they can spawn seasonal events, but they know jack about actually playing the game.
    Last edited by Anarrina; May 23rd, 2014 at 15:44:38. Reason: obscenities
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by Cariadast View Post
    it amazes me that it takes 6 years for some changes to even begin to take effect, and 4 weeks for things like this. it's just baffling.
    I was thinking about this as well. We hear about a lot of smaller stuff not being fixed because it would take away time from larger problems, and then something like this patch happens.

Does anyone know what "Special offer items have been made" means?

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    This is what happens when FC listens to the pvp-community by "encouraging" pvm'ers to pvp by nerfing "pvp"-dailies. Blame yourselves guys.
    Show me a pvp'er who asked for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beornin View Post
    Show me a pvp'er who asked for this.
    I believe you misunderstand me. I am not saying THIS is what pvp'ers asked for. What I am saying is pvp'ers asking for FC's AO team, to make content encourage pvm'ers to pvp more. The thing is pvp'ers don't think when they ask for such stuff. They fail to remember the incompetence of the AO staff. THIS which happened now in this patch; that's what the AO staff saw as a means to encourage pvm'ers to pvp. It's called company-wide bad judgement or just incompetence as my kind calls it
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    I believe you misunderstand me. I am not saying THIS is what pvp'ers asked for. What I am saying is pvp'ers asking for FC's AO team, to make content encourage pvm'ers to pvp more. The thing is pvp'ers don't think when they ask for such stuff. They fail to remember the incompetence of the AO staff. THIS which happened now in this patch; that's what the AO staff saw as a means to encourage pvm'ers to pvp. It's called company-wide bad judgement or just incompetence as my kind calls it
    Ok. I understand what you mean and agree then.

I still believe we should keep asking for good changes though. But it would be a good idea for FC to make a "What changes would make this better" thread, to get some input. Sure, we wouldn't all agree, but at least we'd avoid these kinds of changes that are utterly stupid and would get at most 2% of players votes.

Yeah, thing is... that probably won't ever happen, atleast not with current AO-staff. They do as they please. Most suggestions are ignored. What they really should do is to fix what someone I saw ingame call "the hackers paradise". Fix the code, spend some months bughunting to end the current exploit-frenzy that goes on ingame. Stop focusing on how to further ruin the game.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

It should also come with change where BS starts with 2 in each line. Maybe even just one for 1-100, 201-214.

Fix was needed. If you want pvmers pvping, give each tower xp reward similar to a heckler of its level and hp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Here is another example of Genele's incompetence!

As level 16 froob I got the daily for Tarasque !!!

The key part of quest description (for those who did not see it yet)
    "...Your job is to enter Camelot Castle in Avalon, locate Tarasque, and make sure she is ok..."

Imagine "Great new player experience" when genuine new player gets this mission as level 10, 20, or even 50.
    I am not woried about pvp (because he will not be in pvp range) but every single mob in Camelot will him before he even gets close to Tarasque ...

How could anybody create such stupid mission and do not limit player's level !!!
    BTW. this part "make sure she is OK" made me laugh very hard

She is OK for several seconds ....
    Last edited by Anarrina; May 23rd, 2014 at 15:46:10. Reason: obscenities
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Did this patch fix the name system? How about zoning between Lush Fields & Clon****? Even the side exit to (if I remember correctly) Omni-Ent where the glowing zone transfer covers at most 40% of the doorway. Oh, and doesn't make contact with the ground.

At least Newland got a Xmas tree. In May.

Quote Originally Posted by adrift View Post
    Did this patch fix the name system? How about zoning between Lush Fields & Clon****? Even the side exit to (if I remember correctly) Omni-Ent where the glowing zone transfer covers at most 40% of the doorway. Oh, and doesn't make contact with the ground.

At least Newland got a Xmas tree. In May.
    That's just crazy talk!

Come on People

Come on people we all know ao is just trying to get rid of people so when they launch Anarchy Online 2 Everyone will be surprised.

Why else are they constantly trying to kill off all the good stuff in ao.

We say no one wants to do bs, its to imbalanced. They say make everyone do only one bs.
    We say lvling is to much repetitive grind. They say kill of the daily missions.

We say low lvl need more content (all lvls), they say The Ganimedes Personal Jetpack should no longer be possible to equip when you are flying.

Quote Originally Posted by edmaster3 View Post
    Come on people we all know ao is just trying to get rid of people so when they launch Anarchy Online 2 Everyone will be surprised.

Why else are they constantly trying to kill off all the good stuff in ao.

We say no one wants to do bs, its to imbalanced. They say make everyone do only one bs.
    We say lvling is to much repetitive grind. They say kill of the daily missions.

We say low lvl need more content (all lvls), they say The Ganimedes Personal Jetpack should no longer be possible to equip when you are flying.
    I for one have said: fix battlestation. I think a lot of people would do it if it was running reliably and was balanced better. And i have always been against the daily xp shower. Its nonsense. It renders the complete game pointless, other than to pvp and get phatz (which really means buy phatz for 90% of the population)...

The issue with the tara daily is not all that, and certainly not there taranet or hellcom need to organize a low level tourist guard service. its that who has tara has towers. and now also has easier leveling. with the tower mission (yes it was far too easy) at least the side that had the loosing end had the advantage of leveling easier.

Ever since they killed the equipment counterbalance of population numbers, this game went downhill really fast. Is there no one with a concept worth 2 cents at fc any longer?

Who set the direction in changes of existing content ? "Names Please"

It was a positive surprice to see u Genele at Borealis after the community calls it "Epic Fail Patch"

------------------------- THINGS TO CHANGE *A S A P* ---------------------------

***************it still cost 17.19€ montly subscribe in Europe****************

----------------vvv-------WHAT IS THEREWITH-------vvv--------------------------
    http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/an...ent&navID=1142

-----------------------SHAME ON U FUNCOM SHAME--------------------------------
    looks like not payed open bills at Webdesigners and still a withheld login from them !

*does a Homepage not represent a clean working development office ?*
    it should be give a possibility to take proceedings against u Funcom. *damn it*

whipped it out and throw them in front of the Lions to feed *bawls*
    it's ridiculous and howl what the Leadership makes with us !!!

7 hours i stay in lft with only 8 more ppl for action/SK and get only 2 inf low missions with underequipped reclaim kissing team from changes at database to "penurious" since last autum

Is this "UR WAY" to get the last server down populated ?
    to shut them down in near future from uneconomicalness ?

can you only remove uncomfortable postings to keep the shine from past tense ?

All i can see is feed the trolls with 4-5 question reply post´s after a update to keep them silenced for the next 4 weeks and spending warnings and infraction points at this board to silenced the rebells again !

is this written into Leadershipment guide ?
    looks most time that it works....in which i think more the most r Banned here into this Board
    and the other one-half QUITS SUBSCRIBE.

....* DAMN IT *
    Last edited by Brampfine; May 23rd, 2014 at 07:42:24.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Here is another example of Genele's incompetence!

As level 16 froob I got the daily for Tarasque !!!

The key part of quest description (for those who did not see it yet)
    "...Your job is to enter Camelot Castle in Avalon, locate Tarasque, and make sure she is ok..."

Imagine "Great new player experience" when genuine new player gets this mission as level 10, 20, or even 50.
    I am not woried about pvp (because he will not be in pvp range) but every single mob in Camelot will **** him before he even gets close to Tarasque ...

How could anybody create such stupid mission and do not limit player's level !!!
    BTW. this part "make sure she is OK" made me laugh very hard

She is OK for several seconds ....

Yeah, that mission isn't too doable...

I really wonder if any of the dev team play on live servers... Maybe they just don't get the nature of Tarasque and just what the lifespan of it is every single spawn...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

sooo...
    bs runs once a day now. if u only got a couple hours a day, probably not even that.
    tnx for that fc.
    The vanity of others runs counter to our taste only when it runs counter to our vanity.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast