Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 18.6.12

Quote Originally Posted by Legendfluf View Post
    In all my life, I've never heard anything called a "gray-sploit" so no, you don't have to know that term.
    I wasn't referring to the term....
    Which stems from phrases like "gray-import" or "gray-market" if you've not heard of those, try using google.

I was referring to players knowing that getting x3 mission rewards at the same time wasn't intended.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

By removing 3xBS daily they've removed a convenient way to do lvl 9 and 10 research on 220s, and slow sololevelling, obtaining tokens and research on lower level alts.

Doing my dailies to keep my many chars progressing bit by bit everyday was my main reason to log on, and almost every day I stayed online for hours afterwards. It didn't bother me that it would take me 6 months to finish research on my lvl 200.

I'm not going to bother spending 18 months however.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    I was referring to players knowing that getting x3 mission rewards at the same time wasn't intended.
    Which also meant, you'd have to pile up 3 BS missions over 3 days to get that 3x reward on one mission. I may get an infraction for that, but screw it. I see no reason to limit BS daily to 1 mission only. It came right in time to get BS running. Now we're back to sit 'n wait for a BS to start. Easier fix would have been, to put each BS mission on a.. lets say 3h timer and let it expire...

But who am i to complain or suggest... Im back talking to my cat. She at least responds with "meow"... Whatever that means though. Isnt worse than what we get from FC here

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Tikra View Post
    Which also meant, you'd have to pile up 3 BS missions over 3 days to get that 3x reward on one mission. I may get an infraction for that, but screw it. I see no reason to limit BS daily to 1 mission only. It came right in time to get BS running. Now we're back to sit 'n wait for a BS to start. Easier fix would have been, to put each BS mission on a.. lets say 3h timer and let it expire...
    BUT THAT MAKES SENSE!!! What ARE YOU LIKE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    Getting x3 mission rewards on BS was not intended, it was what I'll call a gray-sploit; but you'd have to know that. ?
    Well, no... it was intended at its inception, thus why John Smith OFFERED 3 chances at BS dailies. He was betting on the BS dailies, not the Miner or tower missions. So, not a gray exploit at all. Just FC trying something new, which I think was a decent idea if unfairly balanced to those taking the Miner or tower missions that DIDNT get that opportunity. It's just the current "management" of this company (which they frequently forget thats what they are), who didn't agree and is changing to the way they feel it should have been. Thats also their creative right to change it... unfortunately.

However Im at a complete loss at to why you'd take the XP away away from it as well as the Tower and Miner PvP when its a daily. So now most people won't even bother with these areas and you can probably just remove the miner area as it will mostly be pointless anyway. I understand taking XP from froobs. They should have never had access to these dailies if they didnt have that expansion, but to take them away from those paying players is just a poorly calculated move that I believe will backfire in intent. Its original intent, to act as a waiting instance for BS'ers, never came to fruition and you finally successfully re-purposed it into something useful.. To simply render it useless unless people wan to farm VP, is an insult to its creators, and senseless. Just get rid of it.

STOP PUNISHING US FOR YOUR LACK IN ABILITY TO BRING ENOUGH PLAYERS INTO THIS GAME TO TEAM WITH AND EARN XP!!! Really, its not our fault. All we do is promote this game!!! On FB, in person, to other gaming friends, to our kids, (yes some of us are old enough and played long enough that our children are playing it now too), on websites, on YouTube. But because of the numerous and ongoing issues ALREADY in this game, we are finding it harder and harder to sustain an active, STABLE, player base! Band aids NEVER save a gushing artery!

So, now instead of taking 2 days to grind Inferno, and doing all the dailies to get a level (If we dont have a real life), we can take ...4? I guess if I quit my job and sat on LFT for the enumerable hours it takes to get a team, I'd manage in 3.5. I guess if we had a stronger player base then it wouldnt make me cringe so much, but thats not the case and was the very reason these dailies were added. it amazes me that it takes 6 years for some changes to even begin to take effect, and 4 weeks for things like this. it's just baffling.

You certainly arent going to attract anyone (especially not Clan) to do Tara by leaving xp with that one either. While I completely see the intent, and understand the reasoning, its too easy for certain factions to multi-box it, crash it and cheat. You rather lost the chance to keep that instance to the standard of activity it SHOULD have, awhile ago.

Everyone knows Im no longer a FC fangirl like I once was (Oh you guys could have done NO wrong in my recent past), and each passing day makes me wonder why Im still here.

I supposed its the hope that eventually a decent director with a decent group of dev(s), (whether that be the current ones or not), will step back and realize what a mess this game is becoming and actually fix the REAL issues instead of picking the tiny ones that don't mean much in the long run....that keeps me from moving on like so many of the really talented, decent veterans already have.

*Original copy retained in event of Infractions
    Last edited by Cariadast; May 22nd, 2014 at 18:03:32. Reason: Because some day I'll learn to spell!!

One change that meant anything in this patch and it's a big nerf to BS. It was hard to get it going before. Now it will be even rarer. Well thought out fix.
    Last edited by Phatkeep; May 22nd, 2014 at 19:48:24.

the tower tagging mission needs to be either independent of BS mission (so you can do both) or removed! in its current state, for people not especially looking for xp (220s, twinks of various levels) and just getting vp, there is no incentive to wait around for BS anymore.

Thumbs down Another "sad" update from Funcom

I am disappointed that Funcom leadership has decided to remove the XP rewards associated to the Tagging Towers mission. It was not an exploit. It was not something that harassed other players.

Unless there is some hidden message that Funcom is ready to release the graphics update (because NOW its time to take away 'stuff' from paying customers), I just cannot envision the conversations surrounding the decisions to implement this.

I normally like to details my complaints a lot better but wow... you guys just don't seem to have it together TOP DOWN and your collective failures are really getting under my skin.

I do still love this game. And I truly hope this adrift ship can find find it's way moving forward without killing off it's passengers.

Regards,
    Cago30
    Guapo - Advisor in Unity of The Rose

happy 2 see broken pvp-missions removed, I hope they look at getting 220 bs running tho.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Isn't this what the pvp crowd wanted though, no pvm people in our backyard?

Quote Originally Posted by Cariadast View Post
    BUT THAT MAKES SENSE!!! What ARE YOU LIKE!!!
    Sober. And i deeply, really deeply apologize for that

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

I hope Genele et all closely watch the effect of this patch, because I feel it can have HUGE potential to reduce population. The amount of people in orgs and so on who are just on to run the tower tagging quest is pretty large. everyday i see a lot of people come on and are like doing a quick tower tag, then stay.

The psychology of "let me just take a minute to do atleast the quick daily" lowers the barrier for someone to just log on and then they stay. this theme is echoed by many. By removing such an easy foot in the door attraction, people are less likely to logon when they don't feel up to waiting for BS or other longer tasks.

The forums here are highly skewed to people who spend a lot of time on AO, but I feel a lot of people not speaking up are going to silently quit without even knowing it. By thinking, 'oh im just gonna take a quick minute to do that one daily, oh wait, no that no longer gives me xp, i'll play later when I have more time' slowly evolving to just not thinking about AO at all.

I could be wrong, but if that scenario does play out, it could be pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by semisentient View Post
    The forums here are highly skewed to people who spend a lot of time on AO, but I feel a lot of people not speaking up are going to silently quit without even knowing it.
    Welcome to AO, where bitter verts or simply trolls tear apart each complaint or suggestion within seconds.

If i would drop an eye on AO these days, i'd look up every possible source about the game as possible. It'd be probably all cool and juicy, until i find the official forums...

go figure

Shadow Atlantians

PVM all the way

its always 1 step forward 2 steps back with fc
    The vanity of others runs counter to our taste only when it runs counter to our vanity.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorOfMAnkind View Post
    its always 1 step forward 2 steps back with fc
    i want to correct you: it's always 1 step back and another 2 steps back with fc

Quote Originally Posted by Cago30 View Post
    I am disappointed that Funcom leadership has decided to remove the XP rewards associated to the Tagging Towers mission. (snip)

I do still love this game. And I truly hope this adrift ship can find find it's way moving forward without killing off it's passengers.

Regards,
    Cago30
    Guapo - Thank you for a well thought out and cogent rebuttal to this decision. As for myself, I couldn't agree more.
    And to many of the other posters, I have to agree that very little, if any, good will come from this change.

Great Observation by semisentient

I hope Genele et all closely watch the effect of this patch, because I feel it can have HUGE potential to reduce population. The amount of people in orgs and so on who are just on to run the tower tagging quest is pretty large. everyday i see a lot of people come on and are like doing a quick tower tag, then stay.

The psychology of "let me just take a minute to do atleast the quick daily" lowers the barrier for someone to just log on and then they stay. this theme is echoed by many. By removing such an easy foot in the door attraction, people are less likely to logon when they don't feel up to waiting for BS or other longer tasks.

The forums here are highly skewed to people who spend a lot of time on AO, but I feel a lot of people not speaking up are going to silently quit without even knowing it. By thinking, 'oh im just gonna take a quick minute to do that one daily, oh wait, no that no longer gives me xp, i'll play later when I have more time' slowly evolving to just not thinking about AO at all.

semisentient, I think you are NOT wrong. Great observation. I think you are right on target with your post.
    Guapo - Advisor in Unity of The Rose

You are dead on. This goes double when it comes to toons that you might be leveling slowly but not necessarily focusing on. I would usually log those toons for dailies only.

Quote Originally Posted by Beornin View Post
    By removing 3xBS daily they've removed a convenient way to do lvl 9 and 10 research on 220s, and slow sololevelling, obtaining tokens and research on lower level alts.

Doing my dailies to keep my many chars progressing bit by bit everyday was my main reason to log on, and almost every day I stayed online for hours afterwards. It didn't bother me that it would take me 6 months to finish research on my lvl 200.

I'm not going to bother spending 18 months however.
    This.

Seriously FC. Updates used to be exciting. Now it just hurts every time I see that 'Patch' icon. You have a FANTASTIC game here, but listen to your players.

Max you could turn in for bs daily in an 18 hour period was either 6 or 7, i forget the max that I was able to get. I know each mission was unique so you could have a turn in, a daily with 1 repeat left, a daily with 2 repeats left, and a fresh 3 repeat daily. Made doing research on level 200 twinks slightly more tolerable :/
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast