Thread: OTPC Freelance: B-Virus Defences Launched

OTPC Freelance: B-Virus Defences Launched

OTPC Freelance: B-Virus Defences Launched
    May 21st, 29488

In a joint operation between Omni-Medical and Omni-Security; Omni-Tek has successfully launched a defence system against the troublesome B-Virus.

Coming into operation across Omni-3s grid and whompah access points,Omni-Tek has announced it plans to implement the "Anti-Viral guns" across all Omni-Tek territories. The guns are programmed to run continues scans and will immediately cleanse any virus that it detects.

In addition to the Anti-Viral guns, Omni-Med and Omni-Pol have begun joint patrols across cities searching for anyone who may be infected. Infected employees or guests will be issued with an immediate cleansing.

Members of the Clans have stated that they have developed a cure or reversal technique for the virus; however Omni-Tek scientists agree that due to the Clans limited resources and natural lower brain functions compared to Omni employees; this would be impossible and is nothing more than a lie. Omni-Tek would like to remind you that there is at present no cure for the B-Virus infection, and that individuals who are infected beyond the recommended levels as previously detailed will have their security clearance removed and their life-signs terminated.

Omni-Pol wishes to remind employees that Omni-Tek Issued Identification Chips still need to be worn and on full display whilst wearing Hazmat suits. Non-compliant employees may be subject to disciplinary action.

Hahahaha.

Thus is the dark side of Academia. I create a prototype and suddenly both the offending parties get their jimmies rustled. T'was only a matter of time. I'm certain they had a cleansing technique before I did, but there is also something very important to understand about the cleansing technique that is NOT covered in this sophomore attempt to take advantage of public fear.

The delivery system is considered illegal in multiple forums. Any type of weaponized delivery system, regardless of its intent, that destroy patterns that are usable by reclaim technology are in fact perma-killing devices. Congrats on again screwing over your own populace, Omni-tek.

In addition to that, there is no current stable platform for reclaiming someone that has been infected by the Cyborg conversion, nor the B-virus. You can only attempt it before a critical amount of Cyborg conversion to restore a portion of a victims humanity, and its risky to the host.

"Non-compliant employees." 9/10 Would chuckle again.
    Last edited by Towerblock; May 21st, 2014 at 19:17:22.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Well. You can try to deal with it in a scientific way and hope that reclaim works, or do it the clan way. Do alittle magic dance infront of the reclaim station and hope it works.
    I prefer to try to do something with it before it spreads too much instead of sitting on my behind arguing law like some while the disease spreads
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

What exactly is the "Clan way"? Are you an expert on "Clan ways"? I hear Reform doesn't take kindly to Omni-tek employees who are so up on our customs and social works. But hey, if you don't mind your leash-holding overseers training perma-killing weapons at you, then why should I?

And I think you got it backwards. I've already created my answer to the problem. You're a little late to the party, methinks.

But, thanks for participating anyway. Good share.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Amusing as always Tower. Im not sure what seem to think the anti-viral guns are shooting, but you are seriously mistaken. They are not perma kill guns. Well unless the virus has corrupted your insurance pattern already but if thats the case, its too late anyways.

Incorrect.

The delivery system is absolutely capable of launching a permanent death attack. Even if it isn't currently doing so, that doesn't change anything. It's still an illegal device. If the pattern is past a certain threshold, then you are technically correct. I know this because I've backwards engineered several, and am familiar with the weaponization of viral carriers.

But theorize with me a moment: Why bother with an anti-viral agent when you can just use good old fashioned regular ballistics? It does the exact same job and its cheaper and far more mass produced. Why bother with an anti-viral agent? Go ahead and chew on that, if you have a mind to question authority.

But I can supply a hypothesis. Viral agents that specifically use certain nanobots or certain combinations of chemicals can degrade life patterns. This is in addition to once the victim or host has been 'cleansed' the remaining nanobots can also send a transmission carrier piggyback to degrade the pattern recognition software within the system itself. In both situations, these are permanent killing devices. How amused are you now, Mister Kolarr? This is a seriously deadly set of implications. I'm surprised that as a member of Omni-Pol you are either ignorant of this, or you choose to specifically deny your knowledge of its existence.

Check your tech manuals, and follow that up with checking your ICC Weapon Inspection policies.

I guess nothing to worry about, ultimately. According to past data I've collected personally a few years ago, there are at least 70+ reported incidents of weapons fire related to permanent death technology in Clan Territory in 29482 alone. This number has had a rough difference of -/+5% over the past half decade since. I've no finished data on anyone else, but at this point I'd strongly recommend you fact check your own databases for cross reference.

Out of conspiracy, I'm certain that the establishment is fond of reporting a 'high mortality rate as the result of pattern degradation'. Because then it could be seen as being a clean enough operation to warrant keeping the truth internal to the brass. Then, we could potentially see another bright highlighted marquee that speaks to the effect of:

"ALL PRAISE OMNI-TEK FOR RAPID CURE FOR B-VIRUS!" in the next newsfeed. Complete with ticker tape parade formations all over the corpses of your 'cleansed' citizens. So tidy. So very very tidy.
    Last edited by Towerblock; May 22nd, 2014 at 07:37:48.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

To add some clarity to the situation:

The weaponized version of the virus is indeed illegal, as it subsequently leads to perma-death and a complete change in someones insurance pattern.

The Anti-Viral guns that Omni-Tek have activated are not illegal. These guns simply terminate people who are infected above the recommended levels and can therefore be classed as a cyborg. Weapons that kill cyborgs are not illegal. Omni-Pol, and Omni-Tek comply with all ICC policies.
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Clarification:

At what stage of the infection does Omni-tek consider to be 'within recommended levels' to warrant cleansing?
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

And how many "Inconvenient" citizens have been classified as Cyborgs and terminated?
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

As the person who designed these guns I find it appalling you think we would open fire on random Omni-Tek employees. These guns have sophisticated scanners on them and you would have to be infected for it to activate. As for what level of infection? Any hint that you have it and they will target you. After all, if you are reclaimed before it spreads too much in you, you will be cleaned of it.
    Director McVert
    Omni R&D, Omni-Operations

I don't think the term 'random' was mentioned. We are all willing to wager the guns know what targets they are acquiring.

Whether or not they target what you claim they target, is up for debate.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Well you are not an employee, so target at will.
    And ICC rules?
    Who cares
    I'm an Omni tek Employee , not ICC
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency