Thread: Ninja at Tara, A NINJA'S TALE

Ninja at Tara, A NINJA'S TALE

Sliker

So I log'd on when I heard the news. Taras up send tell. I run my lvl 10 trader to Avalon. Walk in, Omni and Clan fighting like crazy. Omni have Tara and are trying to take it down. Clan breaking in and finally wipe Omni out. Zmmon notices me and sends me a tell. I send tells to a couple of Omni, "I'll try and ninja Tara if clan get it." Then I send tells to Clan, "I was gonna try and ninja Tara if Omni got it." Needless to say, I was not there to ninja. I stood way off and never approached or came close to Tara. I might of actually gotten some pvp action, another ninja, and dueled another low lvl.

First off, why Funcom, is it possible for a low lvl to even enter that playfield. There is no reason for a lvl 10 to even be there. There's no need for anybody under lvl 100 to be there. I'm most certainly not the only low lvl that has ever gone down there either. Tara is the main object of the high lvl game.

FC needs to:
    A) Add loot messages in vicinity.
    B) Make the Tara playfield unaccessable to lvl 99 and below.
    C) Finally and not least, add more dungeons. There should be more than Tara. Dozens of people crammed into a lag-fest is no more enjoyable than having the dentist drill out a tooth with no novacaine.

Just a thought.

Re: Ninja at Tara, A NINJA'S TALE

Originally posted by Evan "Zenoman" Laurence

FC needs to:
    A) Add loot messages in vicinity.
    C) Finally and not least, add more dungeons. There should be more than Tara. Dozens of people crammed into a lag-fest is no more enjoyable than having the dentist drill out a tooth with no novacaine.

Just a thought.

a) i think this is going into next patch.

b) i think restricting zones by level would be a mistake.

c) i agree.

Another thread, one by Psiraven

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=60750

This really needs to be addressed by FC.

Re: Re: Ninja at Tara, A NINJA'S TALE

Originally posted by Borrace

b) i think restricting zones by level would be a mistake.
    Even if the loot messages go through, it would only expose the "throw-away" alt's indentity, and do nothing to prevent it. Honestly, there is reason for anyone under 100 to be in the castle. None whatsoever.

maybe there should be no pvp restrictions in camelot, instead. so if you see a lev 10...and you're lev 170...you just blow away the lowbie. that way, the risk goes way up....but the lowbie is still allowed to enter.

Best solution would defintly be if FC could make it so that lvl < 100 simply cant loot in the dungeon =) But will probably take some coding. (This would also prevent that someone can fill their low-lvl alts up with loot they already got on other chars)

how about because those low levels want to see it? I had one of the best afternoons playing there, running around seeing how long it would take me to get killed by the mobs (not a tara time, so the place was mostly empty). I ran into a couple of friends, and they gave me a quick tour, and I had fun. Is that too much to ask for in this game?

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Ninjaing should be considering as stealing and being suvier offence.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

isn't the tara playfield the entire castle?
    its really a beautiful area and 99% is completely unused which is a real shame.
    the only people i can see using it would be low level rp types. and they should have access to it...otherwise its just like all the other really lovely areas of the game - totally wasted.

(this is FC you are talking about remember)

Originally posted by Esmee
    isn't the tara playfield the entire castle?
    its really a beautiful area and 99% is completely unused which is a real shame.
    the only people i can see using it would be low level rp types. and they should have access to it...otherwise its just like all the other really lovely areas of the game - totally wasted.
    ]

Easy to solve, once you hit the stars with 25% gas, if you are under lvl 100 it just ports u back to the top of the stairs. So basically only lvl 100+ can do the pvp thing.

Gonna repeat this until FC changes it:

"All multiple guild mobs should never have NODROP loot, it just isn't fair to those who wait to win a raffle, and get their loot ninja'd"

Oh and I think clan ninja looting omni or vice versa is something you should EXPECT---we are at war, and want the other side to lose even if we have to steal! So make the crap dropable.
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"

Yep. NODROP is a pain in teh ol' buttockz..
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Originally posted by Kenidy/Isgrimnur
    ]"All multiple guild mobs should never have NODROP loot, it just isn't fair to those who wait to win a raffle, and get their loot ninja'd"
    I disagree 100%. Each day, the percieved value of CREDITS drops and more and more people are forced to trade in rare items, sinse that is the only thing that people want.

Rare loot should be nodrop. This should restore the value of credits and keep people from camping certain spawns, which allows everyone to enjoy the content in the game.

~Hoopspro

Talking

hehe I like that Borrace. 0% Camalot would be rather amusing.

-Fal

Re: Ninja at Tara, A NINJA'S TALE

Originally posted by CBoom

Probably one of the worst ideas I've heard in a long time. As if it's not enough with level-restrictions on nano-crystals, now you want to add them to playfields as well?

Sure, adding level restrictions on the Camelot Castle would protect your precious phat lewt - and that's all it would accomplish. I really hope it doesn't happen (nor do I really think it actually will).
    Archelan, Ancarim Iron Legion

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

Re: Re: Ninja at Tara, A NINJA'S TALE

Originally posted by Archelan
    Probably one of the worst ideas I've heard in a long time. As if it's not enough with level-restrictions on nano-crystals, now you want to add them to playfields as well?
    When did you ever see any of us say playfields, as in plural? There is only 1, COUNT THAT, 1 playefield that would need a restriction, and thats camelot. Omni/Clan guilds fight for tara, only to get some punk on his lvl 10 alt go down there and attempt to steal it. (Blondina) So before you start crying about us selfish people worrying about our phat l3wt, read before you post. I myself am on kinda a Tarabot/Tara loot ban at the moment. I still go to tara to pvp and for the hope clan gets the loot. So your comment about being worried over the loot and nothing else is not 100% correct there. Not everybody is there for tara loot. But while we're fighting for an ultimate goal, someone getting it of our own side, it really screws the whole event over when some jerk ninjas.