Thread: OTPC: Omni-Med, The B-Virus and You

OTPC: Omni-Med, The B-Virus and You

OTPC: Omni-Med, The B-Virus and You
    May 11th, 29488

In conjunction with Omni-Med, the Department of Investigation's medical officers, namely Doctor Vikriana Heinrich, Chief Medical Supervisor have been investigating the B-Virus that has recently plagued Omni-Tek territory.

Both in gaseous and bomb form, the virus has struck individuals across our territory and posed a significant and ever-present threat to those who reside within Omni-Tek territory. We have begin headway into understanding the virus and what surrounding factors can improve defense against the virus.

We have in recent time witnessed two ways of infection, rapid infection that results in a high mortality rate and low conversion rate and on the other way, slow infection that results in low mortality rate and high conversion rate.

Individuals who undergo rapid infection are turned instantly, haemorrage heavily and undergo significant neural damage before the virus begins repairing the infected. One major side effect of the rapid infection is mass pattern degradation, corrupting the link between the individual and their reclaimation pattern. Death of the infected, would surely result in permadeath.

Individuals who undergo slow infection are turned over a slow period. Experience intermittent internal bleeding between twenty-four to fourty-eight hours and ultimately reach the stage whereby their pattern becomes too far degraded at approximately one week. Death in these individuals has raised one interesting concept that was recently discovered in the intentional infection of a recent prisoner who had commited significant crimes against Omni-Tek.

Death of an individual who has been infected, but yet to have their insurance pattern corrupted has proved that the virus is unable to port from the old to the new body during the reclaimation process.

Omni-Tek advises all citizens who believe they have been infected to take their own lives and allow the purity of the reclaimation system to remove the infection.

Omni-Tek would like to remind you that there is at present no cure for the B-Virus infection, and that individuals who are infected beyond the recommended levels as per detail above will have their security clearance removed and their lifesigns terminated.

It is good that we finally have a precaution to take in combating this virus. I thank all those who are working hard to provide for the health and safety of the Corporation, and hope that a proper cure is found soon. It is clear that the fate of thousands of Rubi-Kans are in the capable hands of Omni-Med and the Department of Investigations. I hope Omni-Tek grants them recognition and rewards them for their selfless efforts.

Omni-Tek Protects!
    Omni-AF

This is one of the few situations i can imagine an awful lot of cross-faction co-operation in limiting the spread of the disease...
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Sad thing is that a cure has been developed, though its not the sort of cure that speaks highly of humanity in general.

It works more like an application of Napalm, instead of a happy pill.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Towerblock View Post
    Sad thing is that a cure has been developed, though its not the sort of cure that speaks highly of humanity in general.

It works more like an application of Napalm, instead of a happy pill.
    It's not ideal but it saves lives, albeit in an ironic way. Dont knock it if it works...

Besides its not without precedent; all through human history poisons and sicknesses have been cured with things that were repurposed from something deadly or at least unpleasant...

It does certainly work. Of that I can absolutely attest.

As I have manage to deconstruct the cyborg condition from a couple of human hosts, its a costly and lengthy process, in addition to no real guarantee that the host is going to make a full recovery. I'm no doctor, but there were no other options available.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I'd really like to get my hands on whoever created this virus then infect them, then just before their pattern became unrecoverable shoot them, then do it all over again and again...and i dont care who they are or what faction they belong to. The creature that created this virus deserves no mercy.

From my limited understanding, its a custom built virus that cross interfaces Bahirae's neural link adaptations and old school Cyborg technology. Because of that, it is definitely original Omni-tek Technology. But, from what branch I have no information on.

Rumour has it that Agentcora Geers had stolen some Cyborg technology from Omni-medical, and used her leverage to slander and accuse someone else of the deed. She then put this technology into use to gather a clone army of her own, using Bahirae's example. Whether or not Agentcora Geers was under the influence of Bahirae post-mortem is up for debate, but the shoe fits quite snugly.

Which is where we went into work and developed something to combat this, because we fully believed that Omni-Medical, Security, and Administration were all very aware of what was going on but purposely did not blow any public whistles. That willful inaction to protect their own citizens led us to realize we had to do something on our own to stem the tide of infection.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Thanks for putting the pieces together for me. After the theft of the cyborg tech and Geers vanishing in Rome i should have seen this coming.

I just dont see the endgame here, this is unpleasant and inconvenient but its not game-changing...what worries me is what comes next

Yeah, when things started going we had a very rough idea of what was going on, but in the end it was just another power grab. An extreme one, but a power grab nonetheless.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

** Arches a brow as she reads the comments **
    "They really have no clue what's going on do they?"
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

( lol Even if were wrong about what you are doing - though I suspect not - the anti-virus we developed will put a very serious kink in your IC plans. I could explain it to you in Pidgin, but you have been unavailable for quite some time. :P )
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I hooked up with a girl from bor a couple of days ago. She was acting very strange. Can this be transmitted from person to person. Ive also been itching tremendously since. Should i be worried O.o

Yes, Borealis should be cleansed.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...