Thread: I was thinking of coming back :)

I was thinking of coming back :)

Hello everyone,

like the title says, i am thinking of coming back to AO, i started playing in 2003 or something like that, and my main is an advy. i've always loved the mechanisms of this game, the complexity even if i've never been very good at this. I also like the community very much and of course i got some awesome memories about many events, i still remember my first merc raid when everyone was in merc or omni armor and caterwault was still the best AS rifle around.
    So, i've been lurking the forums the past few days to check what was going on in the AO universe lately, and what i discovered is…

- A server merge !!!! i didn't know about that !
    - A new graphic engine on the way ? i've already seen that before !
    - Major gameplay changes in the attempt to balance the game ! Are you serious ? haha
    - No more swimming, no more map nav, no more wolf(other), major nerfs on the way for every prof to bring back some pvm challenge and so on… What the hell is going on ?
    - A new skill "deflection" instead of parry ? What ???
    - And the ability to change your breed ! O.o
    - You can actually buy tokens and buy your way up to 200 with one click ! i didn't know about that either.

NO MORE SWIMMING?????? wth its so wrong, i don't want to deflect anything i wanna swim because i got a quest in adonis to do !
    Everyone can see how it will hurt many twinks and even high levels ppl if this skill is a must have. Would that mean no more IP to spend to make a char hotswappig weapons for pvp purposes by instance ?
    Can anyone tell me if hot swap is still possible by the way ? i am curious about that.

Now to be honest looking at all these changes incoming i am not sure i want to go through all of this anymore, re-learning the game, getting the last new uber stuff to be competitive with others, meaning alpha symbiants or whatever they are called, gear and weapons sounds very painful to me while the game is about to change around the corner, i'd like to hear your thoughts on this if you feel like helping out an oldie !

have a good day !

I forgot to mention i left in 2009 and the last time i played i was mostly around the battlestation !
    oh ! and remove the morphs all together and name them spirit of the wolf, spirit of the lizard etc... with no morphs but the same bonuses and be done with it, i've always though these morphs look silly, besides the leet of course ! haha leet(other) all day long FTW !
    Last edited by amiryde; Apr 6th, 2014 at 12:10:39.

What does swimming have to do with hotswapping weapons ?

Quote Originally Posted by Difs View Post
    Sorry about that, its confusing you are right, i was talking about the "deflection" skill replacing parry

Quote Originally Posted by Difs View Post
    Challenge accepted!
    Ancestors could hear what is happening now
    They would turn in their graves
    they would all be ashamed - that the land of the free
    has been written in chains
    And I know what I want - when the timing is right
    then I'll take what is mine
    I am the clansman