Thread: Addaptive balancing

Addaptive balancing

Here we go, just got a potentialy brilliant idea.

Introduce market adjusted balance:

every 1st of the month check prices of AI armor components, the most expensive ones get 30% nerf, so ql300 supple armor becomes +21 skill,. and give lowest priced bots a boost of 30%, Currently that's spiritual humble max nano of 260+.

Proceed to do so until prices match within 20-30%.

Imagine a world where supple gives about +10 skills, and spiritual around 900 nano per piece?.

Many things would get fixed very fast. Including parts of market.

Potentialy same technique could be applied to other stuff, but AI armor is one area where it's glaringly obvious it requires some fine tunning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Not really a workable idea.
    On the last day of the month, everyone will flood the market with 3B spiritual bots, so they get nerfed and supples get boosted.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

I have enough bags of Spiri to be ruinous if this ever goes thru ;0
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Even if you buffed spiritual armour by 5000% it would still be rubbish :P
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

But if you nerf Supple by 60%... or even 30%, people might start looking at more interesting solutions than CSS or CC for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesmith View Post
    But if you nerf Supple by 60%... or even 30%, people might start looking at more interesting solutions than CSS or CC for all.
    Except it would never happen as people would just manipulate the market in order to make Supple based armours even more powerful than they are currently.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Brilliant idea mate, I love these well thought out suggestions

And it would ruin people's twinking plans. Ai armor ruined this game!

the basis of this proposal is that all ai armor should be equal value. which obviously is not true.

why? because it would mean that professions that can use the different armors are distributed evenly and at the same time their owners value these profession equally and that these professions have an equal lack of alternatives. none of the premises is true.

also, why is ai armor so expensive? its not because its good. it used to be even more powerful when it came out, yet prices were quite stable around 600-800m. now you may figure out why its approaching 2b now.

i have to admit i'm a little upset with this kind of suggestions. instead of univocally demanding the only possible solution people randomly come up with, sorry, ideas like this.

honestly i wouldnt worry, ai armor will become common place soon enough. AO does everything in cycles, remember when cities were rare? Now everyone has insta city as example. S10 huds- common, what about beta symbs some sell for as low as 20k, or db armor? Common- common. TnH belts- common, beast armor- common (except burden, but not rare either).

Just a matter of time.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

You are right about AI armor becoming commonplace. It IS commonplace... it's probably the most common armor through out all my chars. Wich I believe is sad..

Advy, Fixer, Soldier, Crat CSS (Agent will someday to)
    Trader, Engi CS
    Enfo, Shade CM,
    MA, NT - CC
    Doc mix of hp armor
    MP - Froobarmor/ofab

Pretty much if you shake a stick at any char randomly it has 5-7 pieces of AI armor. It's so common it's baffling. AI armor is to common and will continue to be so. It totaly makes any toon without it useless compared to toons with it.

If only AI armor was a little bit less good. All of a sudden that +35 attack rating ofab would look mighty convincing, prices would drop and everyone would be happy.

lol. the only reason why ai armor is becoming commonplace is...well why do you think its almost 2b a piece now?

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    lol. the only reason why ai armor is becoming commonplace is...well why do you think its almost 2b a piece now?
    Because.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

haha. close, but no.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    haha. close, but no.
    I know, I've have just been wanting to use that in a thread about aliens for a long damn time.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Send me your resume please, you're hired.
    Ancestors could hear what is happening now
    They would turn in their graves
    they would all be ashamed - that the land of the free
    has been written in chains
    And I know what I want - when the timing is right
    then I'll take what is mine
    I am the clansman

Quote Originally Posted by jorricane View Post
    I know, I've have just been wanting to use that in a thread about aliens for a long damn time.
    fair enough