Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Exploit or not, you make the call

Re: Rules

Originally posted by Synoptic

Tantrum, i leave you with this. If you don't like the rules, don't play the game.
    No tantrum, I think he's trying to say, BRING A FRIEND. Dont worry all you'd need is just 1 to beat these guys.

Re: Re: Rules

Originally posted by Evan "Zenoman" Laurence

No tantrum, I think he's trying to say, BRING A FRIEND. Dont worry all you'd need is just 1 to beat these guys.
    <going to ignorant here for a moment>
    finally, an omni with inteligence, hmmmm...i wasn't saying that exaclty but i do agree with it. isn't it funny how when you outnumber me its ok but when i outwit you it's not?.....

Re: Re: Re: Rules

isn't it funny how when you outnumber me its ok but when i outwit you it's not?.....
    /me applause

You call being teamed, outwit? Its obvious you couldn't take on Tantrum. You had to be in a team, and almost died. Neither you nor Tantrum should be on here posting and arguing about it. Thats PVP. Drop it already.

The point isn't who's smarter than who...............it would be pointless to argue on the pvp boards about this.

Look past who won and who lost please, i didn't start this post to whine.

----- This was to show how someone could use that playfield unfairly against melee users, you obviosly ran towards the water......then stopped, fought till you were at low hp, (making me use up more of my nano), then you jumped out of range into the water. I then fought the other people that had aggro on me, and used my remaining nano absorbing/mongo, you came out of the water and still held aggro and shot me.......

now, if anyone could go into the water and be safe against melee/ranged, people would hug that lake like a warm blanket on a winters night, soooooooo i wanted to bring attention to this so it gets fixed, it's unfair.........not smarter, not tactics..........

if you are so intilligent, think outside your char.

enough

i take back what i said about you being smart zenoman. i mean running in water is where i was inteligent, but i am sick of arguing, say what you like. it's only a game and anyone who takes it seriously is already to the point of being pathetic i must not waist my time arguing with them

Wink Re: enough

i take back what i said about you being smart zenoman. i mean running in water is where i was inteligent, but i am sick of arguing, say what you like. it's only a game and anyone who takes it seriously is already to the point of being pathetic i must not waist my time arguing with them
    LOL when was I arguing with you? You're the one that starts crying and deffending his actions by saying "Its ok for you to do it, but when I do it, its a sin" crap. My only advice was for both of you to stfu. I'm just as guilty for using the same tactics or worse. Several Omni Enfs (I'm clan btw) wouldn't even duel me anymore because I exploited *unknowingly at first* a bug at the arena envolving melee/vs range. So when I said drop it, I MEANT IT!

Originally posted by ----Tantrum----

----- This was to show how someone could use that playfield unfairly against melee users, you obviosly ran towards the water......then stopped, fought till you were at low hp, (making me use up more of my nano), then you jumped out of range into the water. I then fought the other people that had aggro on me, and used my remaining nano absorbing/mongo, you came out of the water and still held aggro and shot me.......
    No thats tactics.

Using water is not using the playfield unfairly. Now going to the arena, initiating combat with a melee class then drag'n it outside, extending beyond their range but not yours, thus causing them to disengage attack and unable to attack again while you pound/root them to death.... thats an exploit or using the playfield unfairly.

Re: Re: enough

LOL when was I arguing with you? You're the one that starts crying and deffending his actions by saying "Its ok for you to do it, but when I do it, its a sin" crap. My only advice was for both of you to stfu. I'm just as guilty for using the same tactics or worse. Several Omni Enfs (I'm clan btw) wouldn't even duel me anymore because I exploited *unknowingly at first* a bug at the arena envolving melee/vs range. So when I said drop it, I MEANT IT!
    here yee

Heh you guys are funny
    WWYD - What would YODA do?
    Fluxlee - Martial Artist
    DeltaFlux - Bureaucrat
    I'm A: Chaotic Good Drow Fighter Ranger - Follower Of The Spider Goddess Lloth
    Ultimate Techno!
    "And the dragon comes in the NIIIIIIIiIIIIIIIiIIIGGH"
    Strong Bad Action Figure!
    From a scale of one to awesome , I'm SUPER GREAT!!
    March forward! Not backward, upward, not forward and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!!
    Veteran of a thousand Psychic Wars
    Powerflux - Future pilot of a Galaxy-Class Drop ship

Re: Re: Another story from pvp land

That I would almost consider borderline exploiting. But then again, the fact that this person needs another char to kill you should prove your skill, and their lack of.
    Hehe, true, unfortunately it wasnt me it happened to, but I thought the story funny

Since I am untitled I like picking uneven fights, I dont win much, but I have fun doing it....hehe.

Silverb is far better at pvp than me, but Beartwo is actually viable after he got out of lvl caps. You`ll be seeing more of him
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Got this in 2HO once with a clanner running into the water, out of range (even though I have a ranged weap) and letting his OS buffed HoT heal him to full, run up on shore down the ways when I stopped paying attention to him, and continued the fight. Exploit IMO, and a wuss tactic also. If that old shark thing was a sploit, so is this.
    Wakka wakka doo doo ya.

Ironos

I have to agree with Tantrum.

Another Advantage ranged get is they can shoot through alot of walls/buildings in 2ho and tir, and yes, the arena.

I am a ma, Now..I attack someone, (tir arena) and I run outisde to the blue laser fence and he walks up to it, it will not let me hit back, Ive tried, unless there is some holes in it.
    Put on a bow, I shoot through.

In 2ho I would try to run between buildings to get some time to heal, but no..you just shoot through it.

Also alot of people stop fighting you when you run, I always run away from the arena and head right, away from the people, outside heals and lag, and people do follow. - then we take the battle all around tir

Some days I can take on a team of 6 190+ for at least a minute if I stay away, run, and heal, but I can pick one off sometimes.

Then other days I drop without knowing what hit me ;p

If pvp can be more realiable, more consitant then it would be more fun.

Theres something that will go wrong, you cant cast a nano, your opponent goes out of range, you hit heal as soon as hes back in range and it uato targets him, so you heal him by mistake.

BOW WONT COME OFF!!! Ack!
    Hit shen 50 times, not in range, but hes next to you hitting you..

And because of this, people zone, then you get called a wuss, catch 22, there is no win situation.

And if you do win, your a ganker or jumper or a loser oor uber outside buffed, yeah

Not an exploit, but it's pretty frickin' stupid that you can't shoot someone two feet away from you just because they're in three feet of water. H2O on Rubi-Ka has wonderous properties indeed.

I was in MMD that night chatting with divine and synoptic near the grid while buffing them, and then i got into a /tell discussion with a friend, so i kind of spaced out of AO and concealed in a corner watching the map while i was talking to my friend. I was there for about 5-10 minutes more when i saw Tantrumzero was attacking Divinecross (NT) he chased her behind the grid area, and i jumped ontop of the building and started attacking tantrumzero...The whole outpost of icc guards attacked him because of his mongo (lol) and as he was running away since he was ganged up on and below 50% health, i saw synoptic in his yalm, in yalm size (tiny). I tried rooting tantrum several times, worked a few times against that good NR of his, but synoptic wasn't exiting his yalm...perhaps tantrum led the aggro to beyond the 25% area, i was under the assumption that since he ran faster than me and was out of my nano casting range, he was headed to mort. So i gave up and turned back. It's true i did give synoptic both a speed buff and an HoT but i didn't see this 'water exploit' at all...However it doesn't surprise me - it happened to me to once with Kcko, i was dueling him and when i was on the way back after i rooted him in tms and it wore off, he ran in the water and started to swim away, and somehow he 'stood up' in the water sniping me. This of course, was back when i was using those grade-A crap 'pure smg's' like the MCS and the sol chironis so my range was minimal, and it didn't outrange kcko who was sniping me with a river6 floating from the middle of the lake. I recieved a /tell from him 'IM JESUS!' and i fell out of my seat laughing

It was more of a spar than a real duel, i didn't really see any point in petitioning him for exploiting but, im sure if synoptic really did use the water to his advantage, it isn't the first time i've seen or heard something of this caliber. I wasn't there to see what happened with synoptic attacking tantrumzero, i was however present and fighting while he was fighting divinecross. So i'm really in no position to know exactly what he did. However, i've used spots to my advantage in 2ho...The tower near the coffee shop and the grid terminal? Elevated platform? i've sniped from up there. You need a yalm to fly up there and drop down, and you can fire at the hill...This of course would give melee professions the disadvantage however i don't see how this could be considered an exploit if im still nukeable and shootable. I seem to remember funcom saying that certain areas were made in pvp zones so you could not target someone or attack them a certain way..But attacking another while you are swimming, is a completely different story...
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

hmm

saw on 1st page someone named shubby or something sayin blah blah about clanners tactics being cowards. I think he should get a clue, if you know anything at all you know both sides claw for what they can get, i see clanners running/zoning all the time and i see omni's running/zoning all the time, problem is in 2h0 omni have guards on their side but really dont pin it on 1 side, both sides are guilty and its childish to say otherwise.

Maybe thats just my opinion but is it smart to stand and die when not dueling just so you dont get called a chicken or coward from the peeved opponent(s) that didnt get points off you?
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

[i]and it didn't outrange kcko who was sniping me with a river6 floating from the middle of the lake. I recieved a /tell from him 'IM JESUS!' and i fell out of my seat laughing
    [/B]
    omg that's hilarious dude, hahaha!!!!!!

Swimming away from your opponent is as much an exploit as jumping on top of a building where your opponent can't hit you.

It's not one

--Tsk

Originally posted by Sheffy
    Swimming away from your opponent is as much an exploit as jumping on top of a building where your opponent can't hit you.

It's not one

--Tsk
    you can't jump on top of a building i couldn't jump onto also when you're in a fight..............what's your point

You're kinda dumb. I guess that's typical for Atrox personalities though.

People in this game have different jumping heights at lower levels.

--Tsk

lol...you miss my point about height advantages. There are certain places i can shoot from that i'd have to yalm up to and it would not allow melee professions to hit me, and theyd have to enter yalm to get to my position. I will show you what i mean ingame in 2ho if you want, it is the elevated tower-like platform near the hill and the bartender shop - you see it when u run east from the grid...Personally i dont think this is an exploit because in all war fronts there have been tactical advantages to the land and settings of the combat areas that give disadvantages to some types of 'conventional warfare' in this case, an enforcer running around with a part of a building

I forget what patch it was but there was some mention about the ability to use greater heights to your advantages and areas in PvP. Places to avoid targetting and such. Plus i've seen plenty of downtown mmd agent snipers looking down at the road.

I do not do this often since 40m(chs + 8% VE + rangeinc scope) range is a range easy to move out from when the person shooting you must be stationary at all times or risk falling off.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast