Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Exploit or not, you make the call

Exploit or not, you make the call

Ok, dueling in mmd tonight, obviously it's a free for all area and usually it's not 1 on 1........I know that going in......so to cut this story the shortest----->

attacked by Synoptic, Divine(something), and stromm

was fun running around as they attack me, UNTIL, i have Synoptic at a sliver of hp, then the nt lands a stun on me allowing just enough time for synoptic to JUMP INTO THE WATER east of the buildings............

now, as if melee doesn't get screwed for the damage/range ratio, this guy can IMO exploit by jumping into a huge lake so i can't kill him, and his HoT stromm gave to him heals him up............

and yes i tried to use my graph to root him but it failed, he was prob. on all defense.....

so is this an exploit in your opinion or not?

he did it 2 times, the first time he alpha'd then jumped in so i couldn't attack him, then the second time was explained above

Can be argued as an exploit or Tactics... I am not sure which way I lean.. Either way. It is definately proof of how chicken **** clanners are.

i forgot to mention after he healed up, he came out of the water to alpha me, and they ended up killing me cause i had no nano

i don't think its really an exploit, that'd be something like saying peopel arn't alowed to run out of your range by going behind a big rock or something.

...but its a yellow-bellied, dishonorable chicken's tactic.
    Mick "Nugget" McMullet - Level 220 - AL 16

Webmaster of AO Soldiers

"There are other things in my life I need to take care of (I can mention food, sleep, latex... uhm, no, wait!)" - Cz woot!

but he can jump in there, hold aggro and heal up, then pop out and attack you in 75% gas

lmao

ok, first off, you are lying...i can see why as you might have see it one way but here is how it is...first you gank me...then i get a regen from someone im not sure of...just remember seeing "you have been healed for 270 hp" or whatever...stromm was not attacking you...as far as i knew he wasn't even pvping, and yes i did attack you after full hp but me and the nt were group...she yelled help so i helped, either way we are equal on fairness but me being low on hp and running away...hey, who wouldn't take an opportunity like that?....to be honest i thought you were gonna kill me and i just wanted to die in water you would not be complaining had you killed me and not me kill you...if anything you would be bragging so i really don't know why you are blaming me for everything.
    but to answer your question i will say this, (and don't say this isn't eq, because agent is equivalent to rogue) in eq a rogue will fight however he has to to win, and no one complains. therefore that means that it is a good strategy, chicken?...maybe but who is the tank her? the enf or the agent?...you decide. oh, and one more thing...i was all aggressive, like i always am. =D

oh yeah

forgot to mention, first off...you attacked us, not that it really matters because we would have attacked you anyways (at least i am honest when needed be) aaand, c'mon...think about it. would you have let me live had you killed the nt? hell no, and could i have killed you? more than likely not. therefore my peers, i bring you to the answer of our question......Darwin's Theory. sometimes the fittest one is the smartest, not the most heroic or valiant.

paragraphs good

run on sentences bad

hehehe

lmao, i did that on purpose. my real problem is fragments...or so my english professor says. i hate that damn class, just because i only did half my act and got a 16 in english on it =/

Makes me wonder why there are zones with multiple levels of gas....:\
    .: Naraya :.

Another story from pvp land

Picture an enf and a fixer agreeing to duel in arena both are in their 150's. They duel several times to 50% or so and then the fixer roots the enf.... The enf has a second pc available with a 198 NT and brings "big brother" into the Arena and pounces on the fixer who is already struggling with the enf. The tell that was sent was that if you try to kill my enf I will bring the NT in and kill you....

I had to laugh when I heard this, such silly tactics deserve a mention and a ticket back to kindergarden.
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Quote:
    ok, first off, you are lying...i can see why as you might have see it one way but here is how it is...first you gank me
    <---

You know omni and clan is at war right?
    Last edited by Animoy; Oct 21st, 2002 at 12:16:38.
    Animoy - Lvl 220 Soldier on Rk-1 - General of Legion
    Athillon - Lvl 162 Engineer on Rk-1 - Member of Legion - Nerf Engi button in creation room - Sleeping

well it should bring you some satisfaction that you had that clanner running for cover at least even though they outnumberd you.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Not an exploit in my opinion. They didn't zone, zone in to alpha/deprive, zone, zone back in etc... nor did they exploit lag *cough* and continue to live with 0 HP. They just ran to stay alive. But it did show that you were too much for those clanners to handle. The fact they had to get clever and resort to those tactics should prove to you that you're a capable enough PvP'r. Nobody should get mad or upset about this situation. If you were the one in the majority, not outnumbered, you too would have probably come up with some tactics of your own. IMO be proud you caused trouble and scattered them like cocroaches! Had the situation been any different, you would have been the victor.

Re: Another story from pvp land

Originally posted by Beartwo
    The enf has a second pc available with a 198 NT and brings "big brother" into the Arena and pounces on the fixer who is already struggling with the enf. The tell that was sent was that if you try to kill my enf I will bring the NT in and kill you....
    That I would almost consider borderline exploiting. But then again, the fact that this person needs another char to kill you should prove your skill, and their lack of.

running away is not an exploit.

this would be good....25% ever where exept the major citys such as, Tir, Omni Ent, Trade, Newlands ect.

U would still have the problem of people (That have come to the 25% zone to PvP) zone hugging.

For example say outside west athens gate was a 25% zone and clan and omni had to fight for controle of the Trash King for his Belt, would people that came there to PvP actually go to the TKs spot or would they just zone hug the WA gate and try pick clans/omnis off like at the whompa in 2ho?

Would be intresting to see and it would be lots of fun to get a team and fight off omnis while trying to get the TKs belt for guilds or other clans

also keep the 0% zones in mort and whine (torney was a lot of fun even dieing in less than a min)
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

I wouldn't call it exploit, more tactic, if it's a fair tactic for melee users is another thing..
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Rules

Originally posted by Qui-Athillon
    [size=1] Quote:

You know omni and clan is at war right?
    omni and clan being at war has nothing to do with what i meant about ganking me. I know there is no such thing as other side ganking but i mean he faught dirty, so i paid back. And i agree that no one should get upset over this. I admit, i could not have taken tantrum by myself and i doubt the nt could have too; however, a lvl 191 sneak attacking a lvl 156 is not fair. So if what i did was not fair OH WELL. Now we're even and we can move on with out lives. Don't you just think it is odd that the excuse for me doing that though is "clanner" when omni folks are the ones who sold out to the system for money or their lives or whatever it is?.....that's besides the point, but i just thought i would bring it up. and someone said something about me needing to get inteligent to beat him? who is the one paid for contract killing and who is paid to distract something and get hit in the head a lot (and lose quite a few brain cells) while someone else kills the mob?...if you don't agree with that saying then i will say it again....who is the tank?! not the agent; therefore, who is supposed to not get hit, and run from melee?...maybe they should make all of RK1 0%

Tantrum, i leave you with this. If you don't like the rules, don't play the game.

hehehehe

i like it

no exploit here as far as i am concerned

he was just smarter the you

i know alot of people hate that, and FC seems to side with the stupid people by dumbing the game down with all the nerfs they have, taking away stratagy and all. but it looks like somone used some regardless.

i rember some guy who upped his swimming insanley would zone into 2ho and run down the hill and jump right in the water and swim away from every one. Dont rember his name but he always got away.
    "death comes slowly to those who anticipate it and swiftly to the unconcerned" Richard Pyott

You want a duel?.......Go play chess
    You want honor?......Go serve your country in the military

First pistol crat to reach Chief.

Proud follower of the Mexican Hat Band Cult.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast