Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeking Mentors or a "mother alliance" for a newbie org.

Seeking Mentors or a "mother alliance" for a newbie org.

Greetings folks!

After many times on and off the game, I have now turned my back to "that" game which is about to be released and subbed for a year on both my paid accounts which have all expansions, fully motivated for a new comeback!

Over the years since AO was released, I have done several "comebacks" where I have joined orgs that had nice members and such, but those orgs have either eventually ended in low or no activity, or the "veteran" members have been eventually ended up occupied with their own progression, which I fully understand. So absolutely no hard feelings there!

This time I thought of a new approach of my comeback; it seems I have been able to recruit 2 new players to AO which are both willing to create a "newbie org" with me, while one are willing to dual play 2 paid accounts just as I do. This means 3 members can fill up a team of 5. Such an org will have its pros and cons of course.
    The advantage will be that we are very much in the hands of our own fate, without being risked to be disappointed when not being included or helped when the veterans finally decide to do their own things, especially when you need the help the most, or if/when the org get hit by low activity. Which can be very frustrating and demotivating.
    The obvious disadvantage by creating a newbie org is that we are lacking severely the knowledge to get through the levels towards 220 and gearing up.
    I have a 205 doc which will be of a great, but limited help here due to it obviously only being level 205.

Each time I have returned, I have started pocketing with my doc, and powerlevelled several toons to 150ish, then I've been burnt out and left.
    This time I have told my friends that I will only do powerlevelling occasionally, as I want to explore and enjoy the game more through exploring and adventuring (dungeons!) while getting xp instead of pocketing Hecklers. (Been reading soloing guides, which have encourage this kind of non-pocketing approach to the game!)

What we would need are some Mentor(s) which would be helpful when we are stuck, by giving advices and some help once a while to show us how to be ready, for example entering inferno. Exploring Shadowlands is for me very hard and I/we really need advices to getting through this content.
    Maybe we could be some "baby/farmer" org for some other bigger orgs with veteran players? We are most likely wanting to go neutral, at least until we feel we are "into" the game. I hope this doesn't hinder a connection to an Omni or Clan organisation.
    I must underline I am more after tips & advices from our potential Mentor(s) than being handheld towards level 220.

Are there any players or alliances who are willing to Mentoring/helping us, or is this kind of approach today to AO considered a failure?

In hope of encouraging replies!

Sincerely,
    Aggro
    Aggro™
    Proudly since 2001 when Anarchy Online was released.

This is a great way to level, as the game is quite enjoyable at many levels. Zooming to 150 in 10 hours is only really desireable if you've played the games 20 times before.

It's not hard nor slow really. If you do the RK dungeons and SL quests, and an RK mission or two in between, you'll progress nicely. Just remember to stop and put in new implants and get new armor and weapons once in a while. You don't need the best of the best, just something that isn't bad.

AO Universe is great for listing RK and SL dungeons, quests and encounters along the way.

Feel free to send me a message ingame or on forums if you get stuck at a level and want some advice. I've levelled most of my chars when most of us levelled without outside tanks or kiteteams, and know all SL zones quite well.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

I would recomend that you all join existing org instead of creating your own.

1. That way you would have more mentors than 1 who can be online at different times.
    2. You ll have org city and nice bonuses which are quite helpfull and as new org you ll not get enough credits to build org city with top bonuses.

Feel free to pm me on forums or ingame on anych character listed in my signature.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Thanks to both of you; that's very nice to hear! Are you both Neutrals and which toon are you mostly online with?

I am currently teaching/introducing 2 brand new players to Anarchy Online, with additional 2 more new friends of mine incoming, with me as all of my friends little "mentor". I'll try contact you both as soon as I have some spare time; I am also setting up my toons which requires alot of work due to organizing banks, inventory and last but not least, setting up the UI + keybindings. Whew!
    It requires alot of time to teach newbs this game, but I find helping others quite rewarding; maybe that's why I always used to play Doctor before? These friends of mine are all MMO players, but I always keep telling them that "you haven't played a real MMO until you have played AO

I want to add that every time I return to AO and asks for help in these forums, I get great help without any flaming or trolling. The community in AO never stop impressing me.
    Aggro™

Hello

Count me in for any help you may need from any of my toons (signature below). I play eastern time 9:30 to 11 pm. I do not stay in one toon so you may send tells to each one or check which one is online by adding them as buddies.

Cheers!
    Omni Soldier 220/30/70
    Alt: Chemineer - Omni engineer 220/23/64
    Alt: Chemitor - Omni doctor 220/26/70
    Alt: Chemicrat - Omni Crat 220/20/46
    Alt: Chemysicist - Omni MP 220/17/18
    Alt: Chemitech - Omni NT 220/13/52
    Alt: Chemiforcer - Omni Enforcer 220/16/20
    Alt: Chemiture - Omni Adventurer 220/16/36
    Alt: Chemi007 - Omni Agent 150/12/11
    Alt: Chemikeeper - Omni Keeper 7/0/1
    Member of Core (Former Horizon, Former Nemesis of Chaos, Former United, former Legion, former The BlackHand,former Elysium, former Rubi-Ka Elite Force)

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...v/exercise.png

Recently I play most:
    Awidoc, Cratawi, Awienf, or Awiken
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Wow, thanks all!

I hope I can get them friends of mine settled. Unfortunately most of them are used to be catered in them newer MMO's, so we will see how this goes. Would be great if I could get at least a couple of them to continue playing AO, cause it's a gem of a game, even after 13 years. So I stand by my statement where I say that AO has by far the most potential of all MMO's there is.
    Actually one of my friends has already bought the full game with all expansions; and hopefully he will find the game appealing enough to stay beyond the first month.

I'm nearly done organizing my bank character, and my brain is now slowly getting used to AO again; it was very exhausting to become settled ingame in this yet another "comeback" of mine, so I perfectly understand the massive flood of information AO brings for any new player.

Even though I haven't contacted any of you yet, it's just because I am still adapting my brain to AO (got 2 paid accounts and 1 freebie bank account), where even sorting my bank is a huge amount of work. Nearly done there fortunately (whew!).
    Next step will be playing a new toon from the scratch to really get into the game from the basics, instead of jumping to a +100 character where I might be frustrated cause it could be undergeared, thus having problem soloing. So I both need and will take it slowly this time.

Thumbs up for the great community of AO!
    Aggro™

Hi everyone!

I have made me an MP I will level up to be able to cast CI and Mochams (a buffbot). This way I will get into the game from scratch. Hopefully soloing isn't too hard as Nanomage MP(?) so I can avoid dual playing. Any thoughts here? MP Nanomage; good enough to solo up to 150 where I know I can self cast Mochams and CI?

My toons name is Makaber. I must admit I am shy of nature when it comes to this, so if you send me a hi, I would be very happy!

I'm always afraid that I am annoying people if I contact them/you unfortunately
    But now that I have chosen to go the solo path, I need help from you more experienced players.

So feel free to send me a tell; it would brighten up my AO life a lot!

Sincerely
    Aggro & Makaber
    Aggro™

Hey there.

I just came back from about a year break and made myself a brand new toon to get back into the game if you are neutral and don't mind I'd like to maybe join your org. I am still getting used to the game but have tons of experience and wouldn't mind helping some new players as well. That is of course how we get this game to grow.

My new character is atm a lvl 20 neutral doc send me a tell if you see me on: Ohherro

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by swirling-dog View Post
    Hey there.

I just came back from about a year break and made myself a brand new toon to get back into the game if you are neutral and don't mind I'd like to maybe join your org. I am still getting used to the game but have tons of experience and wouldn't mind helping some new players as well. That is of course how we get this game to grow.

My new character is atm a lvl 20 neutral doc send me a tell if you see me on: Ohherro

Good luck!
    Hey!
    I haven't got any org myself, but I've got some offers here in the thread which I will likely accept as long as it's a neutral org. I need to get into the game before I choose side, but being neutral has always been my aim, especially after I was faction locked in the vanilla days; now we can buy faction change even to neutral, so I think I will change my main toons to neutral at one point.
    Nevertheless; I still need a playing partner who's interested avoiding to level on hecklers.
    Years playing AO, and all I can is killing hecklers. This time I need find the hidden gems of Shadowlands, where I can get acceptable XP and the thrill of some real adventuring!

Would you like to join me when/if you can, then we can also discuss some directions where to head ingame? I'd really like that, as I am not good making friends ingame for some odd reason. But I have decided to be more "offensive" on that part this time
    Aggro™

Send me a tell on Sauerkrat/Sauercreme/Sauerkream - I am willing to help and also am a member of a privatechannel that would probably be exactly your cup of tea - people who basically mentor each other and tend to prefer the old fashioned playstyle a bit more, i.e. not grinding hecklers/inf 100-220.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Quote Originally Posted by jorricane View Post
    Send me a tell on Sauerkrat/Sauercreme/Sauerkream - I am willing to help and also am a member of a privatechannel that would probably be exactly your cup of tea - people who basically mentor each other and tend to prefer the old fashioned playstyle a bit more, i.e. not grinding hecklers/inf 100-220.
    Thanks & most appreciated!
    I sent a tell to a few persons in this thread ingame from Makaber my MP I want to level. Unfortunately I got no reply last time I chekced at least. I perfectly understand AO is a game which requires full concentration. I hope you find my tell so you can reply as I am shy, and very reserved when I get no reply to my tells; I do not want to be of any nuisance and I am afraid of being labeled as a gnall :-S

As I said before; I have paid for 1 year on 2 accounts, aiming this time to get a 220 toon, which have been a dream "forever".
    Last time I was playing AO, I met 2 persons who took me through a mission (I think) so I got the Hold Hell At Bay. I can not thank them enough; forgot them names but if you read this, you made me a very happy player even though the run through went so fast I couldn't get anything with me what we were doing

Coming back now, I really need help get my levels through adventuring; sitting on kite hill farming Hecklers does not give me anything at all; I need learn the basics and I want to be familiar with Shadowlands , then helping others how to solo there (which experience I would love to pass on!).

So the more who would give me some hands, the happier and more chance there is I will achieve my goal;
    So in advande thanks for offering your help!

-Makaber (Aggro is idle & pentioned atm, waiting to find a RP role on the server)
    Aggro™

Quote Originally Posted by Aggro View Post
    Thanks & most appreciated!
    I sent a tell to a few persons in this thread ingame from Makaber my MP I want to level. Unfortunately I got no reply last time I chekced at least. I perfectly understand AO is a game which requires full concentration. I hope you find my tell so you can reply as I am shy, and very reserved when I get no reply to my tells; I do not want to be of any nuisance and I am afraid of being labeled as a gnall :-S

As I said before; I have paid for 1 year on 2 accounts, aiming this time to get a 220 toon, which have been a dream "forever".
    Last time I was playing AO, I met 2 persons who took me through a mission (I think) so I got the Hold Hell At Bay. I can not thank them enough; forgot them names but if you read this, you made me a very happy player even though the run through went so fast I couldn't get anything with me what we were doing

Coming back now, I really need help get my levels through adventuring; sitting on kite hill farming Hecklers does not give me anything at all; I need learn the basics and I want to be familiar with Shadowlands , then helping others how to solo there (which experience I would love to pass on!).

So the more who would give me some hands, the happier and more chance there is I will achieve my goal;
    So in advande thanks for offering your help!

-Makaber (Aggro is idle & pentioned atm, waiting to find a RP role on the server)
    I must have missed you today - I'll catch you tomorrow for sure!

Edit - not sure how I did, no missed tells in my logs, but meh, AO's chat can be weird sometimes. I'll shoot you a tell when I see you online
    Last edited by jorricane; Mar 30th, 2014 at 17:01:07.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Yes please; feel free to contact me ingame.
    I often tend to end up lonely and eventually frustrated as I try most often too hard to get things done without help, so saying hello really brightens up my life on Rubi-Ka.

My MP is now up and running with my Doc protecting his squishy low Nanomage HP while I am out on adventure, but hey; I like the looks!

Makaber is my MP's name, and he will be the MP buffbot on my 2nd account (much needed, lol), meanwhile I get to learn the game again, while Aggro is at least for now retired as a buffbot/wrangler, so I rarely log him in.

Edit: I did see a tell from you as Sauerkraut, but I could'nt remember the name and it is/was getting late; I was only able to focus on dinging level 20 so I could jump down tp Rubi-Ka being ready tomorrow for reequipping before venturing towards Cripplers Cave. After Cripplers Cave, I have very few, if none ideas at all where to get XP except from farming Hecklers, so soon I need some pro-tips where to head.
    I'll send you a tell tomorrow when I am online as I am in 'the flow' now!
    Last edited by Aggro; Mar 30th, 2014 at 23:19:04.
    Aggro™

Now that I have started leveling and getting into the game, I have started looking for a neutral org with helpful, and naturally, active members.
    I've looked into the recruitment forum here, but there seems to be few Neutral organizations recruiting these days.
    The org I'm looking for need have members interested in getting level beside Heckler farming, so if anyone got a tip of an org I could get a trial time in, please let me know.
    Next step for my MP, Makaber, is Crippler Cave and the dungeon in Crippler Cave. After that I am pretty much blank where to go to get me XP except from farming Hecklers. So the sooner I get some tips about some orgs, the better.
    I will contact you who have offered to give me help/tips here, but being a member of an org with a city, usually comes with a nice bonus too
    Aggro™

Quote Originally Posted by Aggro View Post
    Now that I have started leveling and getting into the game, I have started looking for a neutral org with helpful, and naturally, active members.
    I've looked into the recruitment forum here, but there seems to be few Neutral organizations recruiting these days.
    The org I'm looking for need have members interested in getting level beside Heckler farming, so if anyone got a tip of an org I could get a trial time in, please let me know.
    Next step for my MP, Makaber, is Crippler Cave and the dungeon in Crippler Cave. After that I am pretty much blank where to go to get me XP except from farming Hecklers. So the sooner I get some tips about some orgs, the better.
    I will contact you who have offered to give me help/tips here, but being a member of an org with a city, usually comes with a nice bonus too
    There are a few philosophies when looking for orgs. There are the orgs that want you to "learn" by giving you a link to AO Universe and of you go, sho sho. There are the orgs that have a great recruitment philosophy, promise everything until you sign. Then there are those rare orgs where they pick you up, help you out, show you the ropes, you make new friends, and in turn you become a person that helps the next person, pay it forward put simple. I would try to find the latter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gargle View Post
    There are a few philosophies when looking for orgs. There are the orgs that want you to "learn" by giving you a link to AO Universe and of you go, sho sho. There are the orgs that have a great recruitment philosophy, promise everything until you sign. Then there are those rare orgs where they pick you up, help you out, show you the ropes, you make new friends, and in turn you become a person that helps the next person, pay it forward put simple. I would try to find the latter.
    +1

I am looking for that kind of org. Members who are occasionally willing to take the trip with me to 'that' dungeon, area or whatever. I don't want to be just another member in an org, paying any kind of tax and/or commanded to come protect their land just because I am suddenly a member who barely know how to get my xp without doing Hecklers. I would be more than happy to pass on my experience to others if I just got to learn it myself.
    When I join an org, I want primarly to get to know people, not just handed a link an AO fan page, then left alone like a hungry dog.

If any of you have a tip of a neutral org, size doesn't matter as long as they are willing to give some help, I would be happy to give them a try.
    Last edited by Aggro; Mar 31st, 2014 at 23:36:08.
    Aggro™

I think I will start my own org; probably by far the best way to help AO stay alive and make friends. Hopefully I will get some help from forum members about the different Shadowland zones too. None neutral orgs have impressed me so far. Being just a number in their masses aint what I seek int his game.
    Aggro™

If you're Neutral, see if any of The Union would be willing to take you on board, I remember some really great players there. If you decide to go Omni, there are some nice people in Paradise. I would help you myself but I can't be bothered with AO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gargle View Post
    If you're Neutral, see if any of The Union would be willing to take you on board, I remember some really great players there. If you decide to go Omni, there are some nice people in Paradise. I would help you myself but I can't be bothered with AO.
    I was invited to the Unionbot, not invited into any org, with "here's the invite to the Unionbot, see if you like it." Then it was like BB, GL & HF.

I've got no idea in first place how to use such a bot. I have not returned to be a member of a chat channel. I have returned to find some friends, hopefully some dedicated ones who care about countering the dwindling population of AO.

I doesn't seem there's any dedicated newbie orgs left in AO. I will stay neutral, as that suits my playstyle and I have always been a "Neutral at heart" since AO was released.

So the best thing I could do, is start a newbie org (we have all been there), then try get some friends, around from different orgs who could give us some tips as I am not going to farm hecklers; I will learn how Shadowlands works this time, level with "soloing as purpose", then pass my knowledge on. Hopefully I will find members who are willing to do the same.

I think 'Old Fellows' would be a good name for such an Org, what you think
    Aggro™

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast