Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: just to make ABSOLUTELY sure that everybody reads the neutnet rulez!!

Quote Originally Posted by jorricane View Post
    As far as that goes, the problem with the regular channels is the fact that they are limited to the current zone. If you are building a team for, say, the DB quest, it can really help to communicate across zone and faction borders. If someone needs the quest on an alt, and happens to be camping something off in the middle of nowhere, they won't usually be on LFT to find, and won't see Borealis OOC - even if in Bor, unless they are neutral, they will only see OOC for their faction. The same goes for offering loot rights (VTS or other city loot) in zones other than the last one you were in. The net bots serve in a critical capacity what with AOs lower population. Now, we may agree on the selling of loot rights and other points, but the removal of the nets is not a viable option in my opinion.
    Things worked fine long before there even was an LFT function or any of these bots, people have just become so lazy and dependant on these bots that the regular channels 'no longer work'

Quote Originally Posted by jefke View Post
    Things worked fine long before there even was an LFT function or any of these bots, people have just become so lazy and dependant on these bots that the regular channels 'no longer work'
    You sound like the people who rave about how bad computers are and how slide rules "worked" just fine. Fact is, those bots provide a service that was not available before, and it is a godsend for all the reasons jorricane mentioned, none of which the "regular channels" ever could do. Those bots are another example of the players stepping up and providing services which have been asked for for years, with no comment by FC. What you think about lootrights is beside the point.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Quote Originally Posted by jefke View Post
    It worked fine with a large population and when content was located all on RK. Since SL spread activity around and the population has decreased, the bots are now needed.

Newer MMOs contain built in zone independent instance and encounter queuing systems for the simple reason that you NEED to encourage grouping and communication across zone borders. The bots do this without taking valuable dev time.

The bots are a part of AO changing with the times and remaining viable. Get used to it, or if you refuse to use them, don't condemn others for living in the present.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

so, the !pvp channel is definitely NOT for asking for a duel! that's what my recent ban has taught me lol.

{edited}
    Last edited by Anarrina; Mar 15th, 2014 at 16:05:52.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Are you supposed to ask for duels in !shopping, because some people buy duel score ? :<

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    so, the !pvp channel is definitely NOT for asking for a duel! that's what my recent ban has taught me lol.

{edited}
    Rules even say "Duel requests allowed" under pvp
    Last edited by Anarrina; Mar 15th, 2014 at 16:06:06.
    220/30 doc [E]
    220/30 crat [E]
    220/30 shade [E]
    158/21 trader [E]
    117/13 agent [E]
    56/6 trader [E]
    30/3 enforcer [E]

Let's leave out any Nazi references, thanks.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Are you supposed to ask for duels in !shopping, because some people buy duel score ? :<
    I was thinking the same thing, shopping would be appropriate, if only situationally (is that a word yet?). I'm still experimenting.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Oh Anna <3 if this were a democracy, and it isn't, but if it was, you would be severely downvoted considering the more than adequate context (historically) in which one channel of a dictator sort is being cast in the mind of a majority of users, as.

hope that made sense, maybe I'm not as sane as I think you am, is, are, be? I need an update.

/twisted tea

p.s.- i think your sexy, and I liek you a lot. please don't ban me
    T O O N Z:

Oh Anna <3
    i think your sexy, and I liek you a lot. please don't ban me
    ftfy

But get a room, seriously =P (i smell infrakshun for meh, nerf!)

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

I nazi that coming.
    "Meliz" Crat
    "Snoopdooog" MA
    "Melizabe" Sol
    "Hozpital" Arguably best 2016 doc
    "Sleekiez" The swiftest meeper ingame!
    "Cruzade" Will see you!
    "Stitmeistr" TL5 Enf
    "Cruzad3" 86 Agent
    "Treatmate" 86 Enf
    "Dankengine1" 39 Nanite FP Trader
    "Behekills" 21 Enf

Or check out our Informational Site
    Or apply today Rebirth Forums

In this case, its also because we have an extensively documented history of accusations of Nazi-ism and bots going together, which have led into a significant amount of both forum-related and in-game harassment. Its been tamped down for a few years, but I prefer not to have to put out those fires all over again. So while in some cases I would leave it alone, I'm also not really in the mood to let people throw matches into the dry grass, k?
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Oh Anna <3
    p.s.- i think your sexy, and I liek you a lot. please don't ban me
    Shows how much you like her, you can't even spell her name right!

WTB brain bleach, pst.
    "WTB" requests should be posted in Requests on Rubi-Ka. You should give yourself a 4 hour ban for breaching AO forum rules.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Is communist ok ?

Not even shibe! Wow, cover in my presence
    Forever yours. Otmoz.

Duel/solo stats can be faked. Side xp cant be. TL7 nw for life

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    Is communist ok ?
    botstasi?
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12