Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just to make ABSOLUTELY sure that everybody reads the neutnet rulez!!

just to make ABSOLUTELY sure that everybody reads the neutnet rulez!!

this happened to me just now, and i thought id share this to spread the word and HELP NEUTNET to get its rulez enforced. no intention to ridicule anyone here. this is just an example i hope people can TOTALLY learn from.. everything has been done TOTALLY fine!!!!! !

from first alt:

To [Neutnet]: !pvm ely kite hill lf ost or nt (i log the missing one) around 125

[Neutnet]: You are currently banned on this network. Reason: LF ost belongs in Shopping. [xxxxxxx]. You have 0 day(s) 03:58:51 left of your bantime

from second alt:

To [Neutnet]: !shopping ely kite hill lf ost or nt (i log the missing one) around 125

[****]: kudos to you
    To [****]: beg your pardon?
    [****]: for using the shopping channel to properly ask for an OST
    [****]: I'm proud
    [****]: you don't know how many people I have to waste time banning or warning every day because of that one stupid thing people can't seem to grasp
    [****]: so thank you
    To [****]: personally i think its stupid
    To [****]: yeah you just banned my alt ^^
    [****]: interesting
    [****]: 1) a ban is for every character, not just the one that posts
    To [****]: i have 25 paid chars
    [****]: and 2) using an alt to post when one of your toons is banned/on lockout constitutes a longer ban :/
    To [****]: and xxxxxxx is not an active one hehe
    To [****]: oh wow, youre serious about that?^^
    [****]: yeah thats in the rules man
    [****]: just read the rules, saves everyone alot of trouble!
    To [****]: haha wow, talking about stick in the ass
    [****]: /tell neutnet rules
    [****]: seriously
    [****]: read them, saves us both time and trouble
    [****]: and don't admit to an admin to bypassing bans
    To [****]: reading the rules is wasting time in my opinion. im not infracting any rules to maintain order in neutnet lmfao
    [****]: rules are set for reasons, blame others before you, or they wouldn't be needed

looking back at my actions i TOTALLY dont understand how i couldve been SO TREMENDOUSLY fudged up to actually use the pvm channel for a "lf ost" msg. its just not right! another thing ive learned (and TOTALLY hope you guys pick up) is that if you get banned for something you had no idea about you should not just disregard it and post from another toon, even if its the right channel according to the rules!!

hope that makes TOTAL sense, go learn from it guys!

on a side note im really thankful for the people that keep neutnet and dnet running.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Mar 7th, 2014 at 20:20:15. Reason: edited names

I believe you took a wrong turn somewhere to end up on a RP forum. Please go back to Life on Rubi-Ka, and take your thread with you.

I'm surprised they didnt exploit your org bot or something to find out all your alts cause thats how a NN admin found a backdoor in an org bot where my alts were listed and banned all 43 (that were listed), hence me leaving NN behind, cause even if you abide by the rules, you can still get banned for stepping on someones toezies

ANd to clarify, people do get banned on neutnet for personal reasons

I dont get it. Why is looking for an OST in PVM bannable? Why does such a message belong in shopping? So if I am looking for players to fill my pande raid is that deemed shopping too since I am shopping for players?

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    I dont get it. Why is looking for an OST in PVM bannable? Why does such a message belong in shopping? So if I am looking for players to fill my pande raid is that deemed shopping too since I am shopping for players?
    This seems familiar.

A 4 hour instead of a 2 hour lockout doesn't seem like too much of a punishment. it was a minor breach of the bot rules and you got a minor penalty for it.

That "lf OST" is different from "LFM for pande" is because one is a service and the other one is not. Probably also a way to keep the bot from spamming too much as the shopping channel has a 2 hour lockout.

Remember that in FCs eyes the bot owner is responsible for everything that is relayed through the bot, strict rules are needed to stay out of trouble.
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    A 4 hour instead of a 2 hour lockout doesn't seem like too much of a punishment. it was a minor breach of the bot rules and you got a minor penalty for it.

That "lf OST" is different from "LFM for pande" is because one is a service and the other one is not. Probably also a way to keep the bot from spamming too much as the shopping channel has a 2 hour lockout.

Remember that in FCs eyes the bot owner is responsible for everything that is relayed through the bot, strict rules are needed to stay out of trouble.
    Given the fact that Pandeloot is sold alot, either can be considered a service, nevertheless, the bot has lost its original value

I was told that the bot was there to serve the people, I was banned for helping people on a minor glitch of stepping on someones toes and supposibly posting in the 'wrong' section like mentioned here
    Its lost its meaning, ditch the bot and go back oldschool, maybe that'll bring people bck together

Quote Originally Posted by jefke View Post
    ANd to clarify, people do get banned on neutnet for personal reasons
    Comfirmed, biased admins. They dont ban their clique for trollings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

the neutnet admins are inspired by some man with a mustache that killed himself around 69 years ago, most of them are just total powerwhores, only difference between them and the mustache is that the person with the mustache actually had and army to do something with
    Laydne / Dewestad / Reness

The Pain Dealers are recruiting

Live streaming @ www.twitch.tv/laydne

Quote Originally Posted by Goossens View Post
    the neutnet admins are inspired by some man with a mustache that killed himself around 69 years ago, most of them are just total powerwhores, only difference between them and the mustache is that the person with the mustache actually had and army to do something with
    Thats putting it a bit extreme, but close enough lolz

Usually, I like neutnet (and its' admins) for the strict rules. But this case feels kind of silly...
    The rule should be;

If you're looking to hire an OST - send via [Shopping]
    If you got room in your kite team for an OST+his alt - send via [PvM]

It seems to me that the rule, "Looking for Pockets or OST's belong in Shopping Only", was written with only the first scenario in mind.
    220/30 doc [E]
    220/30 crat [E]
    220/30 shade [E]
    158/21 trader [E]
    117/13 agent [E]
    56/6 trader [E]
    30/3 enforcer [E]

Isn't shopping for people illegal in most countries?
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    Isn't shopping for people illegal in most countries?
    Welcome to the Repbublic of Libieria,

I am General Butt Naked and I can sell you many people for small price of pink sun glasses, coca cola and 80s hip hop

Email me your account information and we can trade
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post

I am General Butt Naked and I can sell you many people for small price of pink sun glasses, coca cola and 80s hip hop

I am a wealthy Nigerian prince and I am being persecuted in my country. I've been told that you can be trusted to help move many american dollars to help my escape. I can pay you the sum of $1,000,000 american if you give me your bank account number and routing number.

What is neutnet? Trox dating service?
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

No, that's called CabbagePatchNet.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post

WTB brain bleach, pst.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

You joined a bot full of lazy people, paying to avoid content, and you expect it's moderators to 'nice'?

RK would be better off without 'net bots'.

The only rules you should be agreeing to and signing up for in relation to what you type, and where, are FC's.

If you want to buy or sell lootrights and OST's the lazy way, in the lazy bot, for/from lazy people?

read it's rules BEFORE you get banned from it.

(Or use the channels FC gave us, seems to have worked for everyone else)

Quote Originally Posted by westyfu View Post
    You joined a bot full of lazy people, paying to avoid content, and you expect it's moderators to 'nice'?

RK would be better off without 'net bots'.

The only rules you should be agreeing to and signing up for in relation to what you type, and where, are FC's.

If you want to buy or sell lootrights and OST's the lazy way, in the lazy bot, for/from lazy people?

read it's rules BEFORE you get banned from it.

(Or use the channels FC gave us, seems to have worked for everyone else)
    As far as that goes, the problem with the regular channels is the fact that they are limited to the current zone. If you are building a team for, say, the DB quest, it can really help to communicate across zone and faction borders. If someone needs the quest on an alt, and happens to be camping something off in the middle of nowhere, they won't usually be on LFT to find, and won't see Borealis OOC - even if in Bor, unless they are neutral, they will only see OOC for their faction. The same goes for offering loot rights (VTS or other city loot) in zones other than the last one you were in. The net bots serve in a critical capacity what with AOs lower population. Now, we may agree on the selling of loot rights and other points, but the removal of the nets is not a viable option in my opinion.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    WTB brain bleach, pst.
    Drugs are bad for you!
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast