Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Return of Windguaerd?!

The Return of Windguaerd?!

After playing Wurm Online for a whole year, I've decided to return to Anarchy Online. I still need to wrap things up over there, I became one the largest bulk sellers and even thought peeps over there want me to stay, I've missed AO and the community too much.

I left AO due to a patch which pretty much reset all shortcuts, backpacks names and such, without any way to restore them (which I still think the devs should have made a small app to backup the info and restore after that patch).

Yes, I know you could use a 3rd party software to back all the crap up, but by the time I found out about that it was too late, all the files had already been modified by the patch.

I want to come back fresh, will take me a while to set all my characters back up, and I'm still not sure if I want to be a Clan Leader or join an active clan. Honestly I've only spoken with a few AO peeps in the past year.

With the beta fully confirmed and ongoing, my hope is that I'll enjoy the new visuals (before 2015), make new friends, get back in touch with some vets and once again be an active gamers in the AO community.

I'm also unsure about how vocal I will be within the community regarding the game itself, I burned a few bridges when I was a bit too blunt on my personal options. But well, being filtered is not something I do well.

I do know that I'm likely to start making new AO youtube videos =P

Thanks to those who have spoken to me on AOSpeak, it's encouraged me to return.

Like Will Wheaton says... Play More Games!
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Good luck and welcome back.

welcome back
    i wait for new vids

So how is Wurm online? I have been hearing good things about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Winning View Post
    So how is Wurm online? I have been hearing good things about it.
    PvE, nice as long as you avoid some of the drama that happens on occasion, small community, your reputation is what matters, hard to build, and easy to be damaged by someone who doesn't like you.

PvP, unless you are very experienced in the game, avoid those servers cause you will be taken down at every chance possible, there is pretty much no mercy even to new players.

Graphics are very nice, they work on updating and adding new textures on a regular basis and new features or game mechanics as well as balancing as new things are added. Dev team always informing players, specially if it's bad news, they don't sugar coat things and are pretty straight forward.

The graphics and the way they treat players was the main reason I played for a whole year non stop.

I got to be the largest bulk seller in 2 servers (non PvP) and got a few enemies who were a bit jealous of my business (which is common there) and all the crap I had to deal with for months started to turn me off from the game, that and missing AO made me decide to leave.

Give it a shot, I recommend you look for a village to join, learn the basics for 1-2 months then decide if you want to invest in a sub and start your own village or stay with the one you joined.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Yes, I know you could use a 3rd party software to back all the crap up, but by the time I found out about that it was too late, all the files had already been modified by the patch.
    That patch didn't overwrite any config files, it simply abandoned them.

So whatever got screwed up and couldn't be restored, *you* screwed up.
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Mar 3rd, 2014 at 05:18:28.
    Because Race Yalm

If you need a hand getting most of your prefs back (assuming you didn't delete your old installation) and don't mind using the excellent copy/paste function of the 3rd party tool known as Windows Explorer, send me a tell in-game.
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

Welcome back.

*Hums "And we will all come together in a better place, a better place than this"*
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

Wb Wind
    Lutze - 220/30 Martial Artist

Welcome back Windy, I remember you being part of AO back as far as launch 2001, nice to see you return.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    Welcome back Windy, I remember you being part of AO back as far as launch 2001, nice to see you return.
    I actually started playing in the 2000 Beta =P

WB windzor, even though I'm not playing AO. You've helped my (and most players I've known (whether they knew it or not)) AO experience from day one. Your departure from AO was one of the few that grabbed my attention.

After playing Wurm Online for a whole year, I've decided to return to Anarchy Online. I still need to wrap things up over there, I became one the largest bulk sellers and even thought peeps over there want me to stay, I've missed AO and the community too much.

I left AO due to a patch which pretty much reset all shortcuts, backpacks names and such, without any way to restore them (which I still think the devs should have made a small app to backup the info and restore after that patch).

I want to come back fresh, will take me a while to set all my characters back up, and I'm still not sure if I want to be a Clan Leader or join an active clan. Honestly I've only spoken with a few AO peeps in the past year.

With the beta fully confirmed and ongoing, my hope is that I'll enjoy the new visuals (before 2015), make new friends, get back in touch with some vets and once again be an active gamers in the AO community.

I'm also unsure about how vocal I will be within the community regarding the game itself, I burned a few bridges when I was a bit too blunt on my personal options. But well, being filtered is not something I do well.

I do know that I'm likely to start making new AO youtube videos =P

Thanks to those who have spoken to me on AOSpeak, it's encouraged me to return.

Like Will Wheaton says... Play More Games!
    Hey Wind, WB. Previous MD member. Would you consider doing PVP at all. Or joining tnet for Tara etc? Helping in towers? Just wondering if you would consider the mind-set change.
    Anarchy Online's A Prophet Without Honor:
    http://www.anarchy-online.com/anarch...out_honour.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by 3246251196 View Post
    Hey Wind, WB. Previous MD member. Would you consider doing PVP at all. Or joining tnet for Tara etc? Helping in towers? Just wondering if you would consider the mind-set change.
    If the way to PvP has changed in AO, I may consider it. Too much trash talking, and putting down players who didn't have a perfect PvP setup... I never liked PvP overall in MMO's, except STO where people are mostly civil.

If the way to PvP has changed in AO, I may consider it. Too much trash talking, and putting down players who didn't have a perfect PvP setup... I never liked PvP overall in MMO's, except STO where people are mostly civil.
    I've been doing battlestations every day for the last week with my hobo-setup alts. I die a lot, but never hear any trashtalk.

You obviously never ran into many of the "pvp" crowd in STO PvP. Or anyone from Sad Pandas. Or TRPH. Honestly, the immaturity in the STO PvP community is what drove me back to AO.... that and the P2W powercreep.

Since coming back to AO I have noticed a shift in behavior, in a good way - in BS most likely due to the fact that most are doing dailies and don't care enough to insult. There are a few exceptions, but it definitely seems better.

Welcome back, o purveyor of fine guides and advice!
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Quote Originally Posted by Beornin View Post
    I've been doing battlestations every day for the last week with my hobo-setup alts. I die a lot, but never hear any trashtalk.
    Then I will prob do some PvP.

Then I will prob do some PvP.
    And don't forget pvp daily for research and VP.

Quick Update:

I will not be leading a Clan, that part of my AO life I'm pretty sure is over. However, I will build a gaming site focused on AO, mainly to express all my ideas, thoughts and suggestions to improve the game.

The MD site address (mercury-dragons.org) will probably forward to the new domain (zandriel.org) which is the name of one of Rubi-Ka's moons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast