Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 28th February 2014

I obviously don't think this is all. I think we'll get more in-depth when genle posts next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalex View Post
    I obviously don't think this is all. I think we'll get more in-depth when genle posts next month.
    Pissing off the majority of the community for a whole month sounds like a pretty bad PR stunt.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Can we get new developers that knows this game? I could fund a 20%
    "Meliz" Crat
    "Snoopdooog" MA
    "Melizabe" Sol
    "Hozpital" Arguably best 2016 doc
    "Sleekiez" The swiftest meeper ingame!
    "Cruzade" Will see you!
    "Stitmeistr" TL5 Enf
    "Cruzad3" 86 Agent
    "Treatmate" 86 Enf
    "Dankengine1" 39 Nanite FP Trader
    "Behekills" 21 Enf

Or check out our Informational Site
    Or apply today Rebirth Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    Pissing off the majority of the community for a whole month sounds like a pretty bad PR stunt.
    True, but it probably would of been just as bad if there was no info. Plus, i never consider the forum posters the majority of any game, including this one.

What about Martial Artist(s) not being able to heal up with Siglet? We get like, nothing?
    I'm not going to speak up for the other Professions, but hell there are plenty other things that need to be spoken of regarding what you're offering.
    My bad, did I just say offering? I meant enforcing without proper feedback or reasoning at the point. No offense meant.

It has to be some kind of joke. As of today, it clearly sounds like a mere joke. And a very bad one at that.

It's no design or balance content whatsoever, it's just "eat that and cope with it" so I'd advise you to do something about it as quickly as possible because you cannot apply such changes deliberately, there has to be a DEBATE, a SURVEY or something. It was nowhere foretold or even advanced that such things would be on the way and I don't find it professional at all.
    It's rather improper to say the least.

What good is the solution you're bringing on the table when it comes to third-part programs really?
    People will just create new ones giving other possibilities and then you'll make everyone's stats and such visible just to put an end to something you couldn't fix?
    Nah, tell me you're not.

Meh, how sad though.
    Last edited by Soliartist; Feb 28th, 2014 at 23:28:38.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

shalex: that is true. however the reaction has been pretty univocal. which is unusual for the community and i think speaks for itself. i see no reason why people not on the forums would have a substantially different view on this. do you?

@solitarist: as much as i appreciate your rant (i really do), ao changes have never been debated and surveyed. actually that is not true, the community did fight off digamma ai armor, but other than that it's always been eat and cope. the point is, this is a new level of, pardon my french, idiocy, a new level of game deterioration, a new level of ignorance of what ao is. and you are right in the way that this time it is served with an unconcealed middle finger to the paying customer.
    Last edited by Xootch; Feb 28th, 2014 at 23:39:45.

I only see sploits when thinking about shades hiding in the middle of combat, you will not be able to pull that off first try. Running while in sneak is a better place to start.

I'm confused, any reason to get the signet ring when HHAB is pretty much the same? Or am I missing something.
    Naui - 220 Doctor
    Teamsunday - 200 NT

Xootch, you're certainly right about changes being brought up before being debated, mate. But only right-ish!

I was about to give AO a second chance but now I'm clearly giving up on it if that's the way they deal with us.
    As a former Professional and having talked with others occupying the same position, such game direction is unbelievable. It really is.
    I've spent time dealing with my community's concerns, this is just not right and cripples my devotion to the game, it's like "whatever".
    I truly hate whatever's'.

We spend/t our time and money in AO and when I read this, I call it illegitimacy, plain and simple. I shall spell it out the way I honestly feel about it.

AO has never been the fresh-looking game but it never mattered to me because its mechanics and its devs were constantly doing their best to make it unique. I could not care less about a new engine, that would never worth a come back to me, period.

And we never were sh*ts to start with, our community is proud to play a game that is intricate in its own way and really, really enjoyable.
    So unless latest propositions are part of a bigger picture nobody (?) can currently fathom, I definitely call on BS.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Quote Originally Posted by Naui349 View Post
    I'm confused, any reason to get the signet ring when HHAB is pretty much the same? Or am I missing something.
    Counts as protection wear for inf, pande, and pen. Though now there's no real reason to upgrade it to signet ring from just the combined APF rings

Quote Originally Posted by Literary View Post
    Signet rings are a step up from hhab's

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=281208
    But they will no longer be a step up from De'Valos Protection Ring after this change. So what will be the point of making it a signet ring now, if any ?
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    But they will no longer be a step up from De'Valos Protection Ring after this change. So what will be the point of making it a signet ring now, if any ?
    Yeah, that's what I was getting at. I feel sorry for the people that farmed S35 for nothing.
    Naui - 220 Doctor
    Teamsunday - 200 NT

Soliartist: Nicely put, I completely agree.

as for the hhb debate: I seriously find that having farmed s35 for nothing is the least of my problems with this...in lack of a better word...bs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    as for the hhb debate: I seriously find that having farmed s35 for nothing is the least of my problems with this...in lack of a better word...bs.
    The S35 upgrades are at least a QoL improvement over normal HHAB. The problem is the proposed "upgrade" from S35 combined ring to Signet does absolutely nothing now.

I know that Point is: I find the other issues much more concerning that this now obsolete upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    - We will enable everyone to see friendly nano programs in their opponent's NCU. This is to level the playing field for people who do not have access to 3rd party programs which provide this information.
    This is a crappy way of avoiding the work to make those 3rd party-exploit programs obsolete.

- We will disable the ability to decline inspects. We fully expect this to lead to an increase in the number of exploit reports that we receive and a decrease in the actual exploiting.
    When the inspect-function was first introduced, I disabled it on all my characters. Not because I have anything exploited on my characters, but because everyone and their mother will give you advice on your setup and/or decide if they wanna team you based on how un/gimp your setup is. This will just bring an utter annoyance.

- All Signet of the apocalypse rings will no longer have a special action, because of this change, a few nano changes have been made.
    So what will be the advantage of making "De'Valos Protection Ring" into your profession ring now?

[*]Enforcers, Keepers and Shades will get a root removal nano.
    Enforcers don't need one, they have "rage".

[*] Doctors will get a DOT removal nano.
    They already have perks for this, no ?

[*] Enforcers will get a Charge nano, which will stun their target while the enforcer sprints to it.
    You already said that there would be less stuns in this game (when you removed crat-stuns) Giving the reason; "noone should be unable to do anything in combat for longer amounts of time" (I'm referring to this post by Means: Post from the thread 18.1 Preliminary Update Notes)

[*]Shades will get the ability to hide in the middle of combat.
    While my main is a shade, and I should probably welcome this in some way, this will break duels for those interested in that kind of pvp.

[*] Keepers will get their reversed knockback to tractor enemies to their location.
    Something must be wrong here... you don't give stuff for free to keepers.

-

The direction everything in this game is taking now, considering both changes to mechanics and profession-tools, makes me a bit worried. Especially since the quarterly report that was announced today.

From the 4Q13 Report:

"The three main titles of Funcom live games portfolio (The Secret World, Age of Conan and Anarchy Online) remain cash flow positive."

and

"Player numbers and revenues from Age of Conan and Anarchy Online were relatively stable in 4Q13."

You might soon have to strike out one from the list if this trend continues.
    Last edited by Jihnna; Mar 1st, 2014 at 01:02:54.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Do remember one thing folks..
    Thise Things are gona be added to the closed beta. Not to live Nor to test live.
    But to the closed beta for new engine.

Most likely some of the testers there will find out if there are Things that sould be made and not be made.
    yes the no more disable inspect can be bad but also good.
    same can whe say about the show friendly ncu. lets hope its gona be made so its team only ncu you can see and not just target ncu.

Yes i dont like sploiters and think every one of them sould get a kick in there privats irl.
    But lets just remember .. This is not going live anytime soon. !
    There are alot of Things Devs can fix in a game..
    But they cant fix the Bug that couse 90% of all bad Things in a game.
    And that be the big bad bug of the players brain not working probber.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    The problem is the proposed "upgrade" from S35 combined ring to Signet does absolutely nothing now.
    Maybe those replacement nanos will require the signet ring equipped to use.

I will really, REALLY miss having Enough is Enough though, it makes soloing a little more interesting and let's me know which doctors/teammates are awake.

Just wow, first off you heard it here first, any new 3rd party exploits that come out instead of fixing them just give them to everyone ok... Secondly how can you be so out of touch with what makes this game unique and keeps people playing? It's the twinking aspect and keeping your fav setups to yourself via inspect disabled, it's also not being able to see what defensive nanos people have up so you need to judge things corrently, we can get these fetaures in any other mmo.

PS. You know it's March 1st and not April 1st right?

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast