Thread: Monthly Development Update - 28th February 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Everyone I know who played it, I personally didn't want to play a game that was basically "move between these 3 NPCs in the same room" and "find my missing crew! i can't get home without them! oh and btw, they're like, right over there... i can see them" quests and combat that is pretty much only ever described as boring.
    Eso was pretty bad in my opinion. For a new game the painted on armor, its 2014 there is no excuse for that. I didnt really enjoy the combat much either. On the flip side have you played Anarchy Online recently.

The very 1st quest you get on newbie island you do not even need to move to do it. Talk to NPC and get quest. Press tab until quest is completed. Talk to NPC to turn in quest. I mean seriously man, you shouldnt have said this:

"move between these 3 NPCs in the same room" and "find my missing crew! i can't get home without them! oh and btw, they're like, right over there... i can see them
    Newbie island, find beach leet, reet, surf lizard, snake. 10x pressing tab later, quest completed without moving an inch.

lol, you are seriously going to spend money on that? Wow... you'd be better off spending it on another 3 months of AO
    my acc is payed up to spring 2015 and i did not get a beta invite^^ after 10 years loyalty to Funcom.
    TESO gave me 3 beta invites and a key for friends !
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    I think you over-estimate the remaining user base.
    Actually I don't overestimate it there is quite a large player base in game. Perhaps you should play more and join one of the numerous orgs to help you appreciate how much fun this game really is.

Quote Originally Posted by VAUGHN2006 View Post
    Actually I don't overestimate it there is quite a large player base in game. Perhaps you should play more and join one of the numerous orgs to help you appreciate how much fun this game really is.
    I play everyday.

LFT from TL1 to TL5 is completely dead.
    Even TL7 LFT has only about 2 dozen people in prime time, some of them only for WTB/WTS/WTT, the rest for Inf mish and almost nothing else.
    Even the major cities don't have more than 50 people each, and that's not even correcting for all the multi logs.

Good for you if you have an active org, but don't delude yourself, there aren't that many players left here.
    I have nothing to hide, but I value my privacy!
    I'm not on facebook, twitter or any other social media.
    I will never reveal my in-game characters or organizations on a public forum.
    If that upsets all the virtual exhibitionists, so be it!

Quote Originally Posted by wretch View Post
    Eso was pretty bad in my opinion. For a new game the painted on armor, its 2014 there is no excuse for that. I didnt really enjoy the combat much either. On the flip side have you played Anarchy Online recently.

The very 1st quest you get on newbie island you do not even need to move to do it. Talk to NPC and get quest. Press tab until quest is completed. Talk to NPC to turn in quest. I mean seriously man, you shouldnt have said this:

Newbie island, find beach leet, reet, surf lizard, snake. 10x pressing tab later, quest completed without moving an inch.
    Since we're doing a comparison and people think it's going to be better, then yes, that is exactly my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Brampfine View Post
    my acc is payed up to spring 2015 and i did not get a beta invite^^ after 10 years loyalty to Funcom.
    TESO gave me 3 beta invites and a key for friends !
    Of course they did they want to have as many possible people in the game as they can. I don't recall ESO sending me a betakey in the first month after the beta started either, despite my 18 years of loyalty to the TES brand since I bought Daggerfall in 1996
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I somehow don't think that 20 people counts as everyone.
    1.) I never said everyone, stop imagining things.

2.) Just because people don't post here doesn't mean they would automatically disapprove other people's suggestions.

All your arguments for FC's total lack of regard for this game's community are invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    Just because people don't post here doesn't mean they would automatically disapprove other people's suggestions.
    Just because they don't post here doesn't mean they would approve those suggestions, and reading trough game suggestions forum makes me all the more in favour for disapproving than approving 95% of it.

And where did I say every suggestion should be approved ? There this new thing called common sense, coupled with some experience in this game makes filtering the ludicrous suggestions from the good ones a pretty easy task.

I mean why even have a forum called "Game suggestions" then ?

Its an age old forums battle. If you like the changes your a fanboy, if you dont like the changes your a hater. Can't we all just get along?

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    • Enforcers, Keepers and Shades will get a root removal nano.
    • Doctors will get a DOT removal nano.
    • Soldiers
    • Adventurers
    • Enforcers will get a Charge nano, which will stun their target while the enforcer sprints to it.
    • Shades will get the ability to hide in the middle of combat.
    • Keepers will get their reversed knockback to tractor enemies to their location.
    • All pet professions will get a nano to clear out hostile nanos from their pet's ncu.

Joel Bylos
    i just don't get why FC focus on those prof wich are already the most played and wanted in wat ever pvm/pvp... enforcer get a charge/stund? doc more unkillable? it's just nosense...

And genelee want to make shade/keeper more fun to play caus need sub to play em... ahem i need sub to play my 220 agent u know =_='

FC answer? "let's make a QQ contest" oO what kind of scorn is that...
    Awarded 1 pts:
    You have received a warning at Anarchy Online Bulletin Board
    Awarded 1pts:
    You have received an infraction at Anarchy Online Bulletin Board

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    I play everyday.

LFT from TL1 to TL5 is completely dead.
    Even TL7 LFT has only about 2 dozen people in prime time, some of them only for WTB/WTS/WTT, the rest for Inf mish and almost nothing else.
    Have to dispute this one.

Ive recently started a new agent and fixer in the last month. Every time i've logged on and gone lft, i've been picked up before I finish doing a daily missions.

Agent is currently in ado sitting at 160, fixer is 100. Now I only play night time US, and sometimes on weekends. Which my time zone is supposed to be the "dead" time. Thats 5-6 weeks and 2 toons lvl'd to 100+ without kite hill doing pick up teams, and daily missions.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Have to dispute this one.

Ive recently started a new agent and fixer in the last month. Every time i've logged on and gone lft, i've been picked up before I finish doing a daily missions.

Agent is currently in ado sitting at 160, fixer is 100. Now I only play night time US, and sometimes on weekends. Which my time zone is supposed to be the "dead" time. Thats 5-6 weeks and 2 toons lvl'd to 100+ without kite hill doing pick up teams, and daily missions.
    Yeah I've been picked of low lft too, it's nice when it happens.

I checked a little earlier and tl2ish lft had 2 guys, tl4-tl5ish had 8 guys and tl7 had 30 guys. Of the 30, 18 were inf mish, 6 were selling/buying, and the rest was for miscellaneous. That's still pretty bad imo.

I guess the point was that there aren't thousands of players in the game anymore.
    Maybe a couple of hundred, so if 30 people complain about this patch that's statistically significant and funcom should take notice if they know what's good for business.

Each Person in my Org (one of the biggest Org in AO) is dissatisfied about many things in Anarchy Online. We all wrote it to funcom and they didnt do something against that.

1. No or Bad Support and we got to much biased GM's (no go for me)

{exploits should not be discussed on the forums}

3. writing awesome game-idea's in the forum and none from funcom pay Attention to it - they bring their own idea's, that kill the fun or make the playing of anarchy online more ridiculous
    4. they should more be active on the website "anarchy online.com" and they didnt Keep the site active (last Post is from 12/2013)...
    and so on...

Nothing happend! I dont think that the game has a future and that's too bad. I love anarchy online but funcom destroy it more and more and a little bit the community do it too{exploit discussion} the game has only a bit more than 1.000 active player... Let some good MMO's coming out and anarchy online is dead...

{obscenity}

I hope that Elder Scrolls (Bethesda) dont make the same mistakes like funcom (dont hear the community)...
    Last edited by Anarrina; Mar 9th, 2014 at 00:15:30. Reason: removed obscenities and exploit discussion
    A Game without any new updates, is a dead game...

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/FUNCOM:NO - Funcom: Probability-Of-Bankruptcy 54% - https://www.vg247.com/2015/08/11/age...m-up-for-sale/
    No more developing MMO's - http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2016/...2016_Plans.pdf

Well, I havebecome addicted to TSW as of late, and some of the changes mentioned in AO are already working there, and it is just fine. Talking here but the inspect function, as well as the glancing part in combat.

That said, if it is capped, I would like that when patched, the excess IP invested in parry returns in the pool. I have maxed parry and riposte back in the days in case the devs eventually sort those skills out.

On the note about TESO: if you love TES games, you might like it too. But it really is a solo game, requiring you to be online all the time, and in which you can gather with some friends from time to time. That concept doesn't suit me, hence I turned to TSW.

My problem with AO is that the final pieces needed to finish my toons require teams to get. Sadly, at the point I took my giant break from AO, most I saw were farmers selling lootrights... :/
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

Quote Originally Posted by boltgrinder View Post
    No MA changes? .. ?
    Well, we DIDN'T get the anti-root modification. So there's that. Enforcers can rage out of a root but obviously MAs have gotten some new anti-root tool I just missed in the past few months since keeping an anti-root tool out of the only pure melee profession's hands would be a slap in the face with a rotting fish.

Other than that the changes sound cool or at least interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Sorry for bad english but i hope you understand me.

The fact that ma needs to spend so much ip for other specials to be effective in pvp shows how underbuffed he is. Think about a ma who just uses his fists and perks in PvP. That is much to weak compared with any other professions ingame. You are even not able to perk most Professions without loosing to much evades/def.
    Ok lets say sooner or later you find someone to perk: all your perks will be on recharge and even when they are ready they are to weak and deal like no dmg. And yeah your fists crit, but you have no real AR and you dont even hit 30 hit / min. Shades enfos (advy is only played ranged) have high dmg perks nice specials without swap and are dual whielded with capped inits.

Now to changes From 28th February 2014:

Enforcers, Keepers and Shades will get a root removal nano.
    Why not also the ma? Because we have Upon a wave of summer?( This is an item that checks the enemys defensive while the remove nano doesnt)

Deflect ?
    Why? making it more impossible for any profession to kill cocoon profs and DOCTORS? in duels the will be unbeatable. No profession will be able to kill them anymore.

Enforcer one more stun?
    Dont they already have enough? arent then already to strong ?

I wait for the day when the ma gets a real ma buff a real brawl buff a real dimach buff a and so on. hope that the perks will get a bit more love at recharge and dmg ( maybe also on check)
    The next point are the specials:
    Delerium will give you a nice off buff. but if you can land it you are already able to perk your enemy so where is the sense? i really dont understand the sense if the enemy is not a pet profession. it really needs a lower def check.
    every ma critiziesed.... Its like impossible to get a ql 300 ma specials

Honestly if you go pure pve its nice to play ma and you make nice dmg, but any prof should be able to play also in pvp, and honestly ma isnt without much luck on landing hits or something. You cant compare it with a 220 trox enfo who just mr stun and kill with high dmg perks and specials.
    There are so much things in my opinion that should be changed or just take out ma of AO, but like that it doesnt really make sense or fun anymore. I played ma really long in pve and pvp and i would like to help to balance. So please @ FC you can also write private messages and i will answer any questions to ma for pvp pve and gameplay and so on

Quote Originally Posted by Maeventura View Post
    Well, I havebecome addicted to TSW as of late, and some of the changes mentioned in AO are already working there, and it is just fine.
    Enfs got another stun in TSW too? Talk about way OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Enfs got another stun in TSW too? Talk about way OP.
    No, i think he meant that MPs didn't get anything in TSW either.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

make the changes you want, make hecks and missions in areas off your level give no xp, do a server wipe and relaunch the game..

take out the trash and maybe some old and new players will feel tempted to try it

Quote Originally Posted by VAUGHN2006 View Post
    I agree with this, especially the credits part. Wiping credits will fix nothing. Those who buy credits will just buy more and as stated the high end toons will just farm millions more and we will be right were we are now except the lowbies will be totally devastated and leave the game en masse.
    You apparently didn't really think this through, if credits are wiped then all the duped credits that the credit sellers bought from players over the years would also be wiped leaving them without credits to sell.

Furthermore, stating that a level 220 can farm 100m a day is like saying a level 100 can farm 20m a day. Yes, its true... but who will actually do it?
    Last edited by Unkfix; Mar 9th, 2014 at 15:15:13.

Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast