Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Elysium Crush

Next patch...10 min kick off server if "not activity ^_= /follow is diable
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Quote Originally Posted by srompu View Post
    After about 7 years, I finally did the Scheol quest from beginning to end on a 220, and I'll never do it again on any toon.
    I've done it on far to many chars, and still have at least 2 more than need to complete it. Needless to say I've been putting it off for more than a few years already...

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    The fact is, there are too few people leveling up to disperse the population. The game has gotten to the point where dual, triple and quad logging is the norm and higher level toons doing all of the work in regards to tanking or damage dealing. There are hardly enough people to do adonis hecks with unless its with your org or a group of friends helping you. The random teams that do form are few and far between and gone are the days where you could go to adonis and easily find a team. People sit in ely because of those reasons. They are more likely to get a team, for any amount of XP, in ely sooner than a different zone.
    This I feel is a sad truth.

I think the biggest problem is that there are too many interuptions for low level gameplay.

I don't want to leave the area I'm in.
    My runspeed is too low.
    I don't have a key and/or beacon yet to get back.
    I will need to do a complete re-equip/twink to farm a weapon in SOM.
    Then I'll need a re-twink to get that weapon on.
    Then I need to get back to where I was levelling.
    etc.

playing the record again, as many others have said and requested, if there are levelling areas that give missions to get weapons and gear WHILE levelling in SL that could work.

SOM is tricky, I've never seen a levelling party there. the main problem with it is that most people want the weaps there at level 15 or 20, not at level 40-50 when the weapons might actually be attainable.

I think there needs to be just a few instances that provide half decent gear/weaps and ALSO give tons of XP so people can stick on the weapon and cruise through. The item that was given in Dark ruins is an ideal mechanic for this: you gank the flux rafter at 50% HP. but doesn't add an OP weapon into game. thus, the player feels like he can kill quickly, but doesn't get a WTF gank the world weapon that will totally ruin PVP.

mechanics like that are useful. I think there could also be stuff like temp buffs that add whatever 150 add dmg and 8% crit in specific missions to kill stuff to speed it up. How about vent things again that lower a mobs AAD to negative (chain crit)... etc. there's ways to make things go quickly, even, if new weapons weren't part of the introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    People aren't going to change how they level up until FC steps in and does something like create hot zones where solo/teams can go to get insane amounts of XP with relative ease or an open world dungeon where the XP and respawn of mobs is amazing (also good gear can drop there). AO needs a lot of work and attention now with the population so low and player mentality so bad. Fun story, I actually got kicked from a team on my keeper in nasc because I was looting the hecks (they had an nt and ost also I was poor) and it was spamming up this guys chat.
    agreed.

funny story too.

Game is too topheavy.

I think Hunger Games are in order.

Everyone in the game is involved.
    The champion keeps their level and gear.
    Everyone else is reset to level 1.
    I'm Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by srompu View Post
    After about 7 years, I finally did the Scheol quest from beginning to end on a 220, and I'll never do it again on any toon.
    I used scheol quest for my advy's last few dings to 220, I think I may have had to kill an inferno hecklar at the end to ding 220 though. :P
    Storm
    Fixyourwhat 220/24/67 Clan Fixer
    Dewmd1 150/20/42 Clan Soldier [e]

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Lets say you have a 150 and you want to finish 4 lines of research.
    I have a level 90 toon, and I want to ding up to 130.
    I remember when people was considered "to low" for ely hecklers at level 90. Go do tiigs, devourers, cold rock spiders, beits, dungeons, RK missions, ely quests, scheol mobs, scheol dungeons, key quests if you haven't, borgs or dailies. The options are there, stop thinking about hecklers all the time.

I usually don't set foot at hecklers until 100-105, because the experience gained at other places are fast as they are.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

I never need to do tiigs anymore, i got 220 enf to tank rk mobs and friends can nuke them for me up to lvl 90ish then i can pocket hecks and hire nt. At 160 i just dual log 220 for inf mishes. GG haters gonna hate.
    Forever yours. Otmoz.

Duel/solo stats can be faked. Side xp cant be. TL7 nw for life

This sounds a lot like: "QQ i couldn't get a spot at Ely hecks once, so now i want to see FC change the game so i can get a spot next time"
    Proud Member of Paradise

This seems more like a thread of "Well, SL XP needs to be fixed anyway. Except for the indoors."
    I'm Batman.

Personally I always liked the Heck teams in Ely, but not the kite ones... The ones formed on Ely Beach, way back.. It was so much fun Semi-twinking your character so you can do nice dps or even be able to solo hecks at 110-120 ^ ^ Was such awesomeness imo. I didn't mind the grind actually, well not the lower level one anyway.. Ado / Inf hecks was a little too much grindage. But even that I miss, sitting in Ado / Inf heck teams with good friends / making new friends was nice

Faction raids were a hassle but also in retrospect I kind of liked that too. A kind of middle-ground would be nice to have tbh. One thing I do not miss though, is RK Mission grinding... That stuff was horrendous, also questing in general just bleh....

I wish they expanded Elysium, made hecklers reset if they ran farther than 10-15 yards (to avoid AOE kiting) and then perhaps buff the XP from all mobs in-game. I want to see Ely Beach back in action!

Not to mention, when all the veteran / Old sc hool players just circumvent the ordinary leveling methods new people have a REAL struggle with leveling. Because you don't start the game with billions of credits and tonnes of friends..
    Borris2 - 220/30 Martial Artist

Andarsmann - 100/10 Trader

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

I remember when being really good at heckler teams meant something too. Good Ely and up teams where a cut above the rest. While sub 100 people with crap gear were eaten for breakfast, the good teams could take out clusters and look good doing it. At least there was THAT sort of upside.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Anyone want to do a heck team when I get home from work? In bout 3 hours!
    Jinxz 220/30 - Fix
    Impale 220/30 - Shade
    Nuek 220/25 - NT
    Momento 220/23 - Adv
    Extravagance 170/21 - Agent
    Jinxzi 165/23 - Doc
    Rewted 150/20 - Trad
    Moments 150/20- Sold

Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Towerblock View Post
    I remember when being really good at heckler teams meant something too. Good Ely and up teams where a cut above the rest. While sub 100 people with crap gear were eaten for breakfast, the good teams could take out clusters and look good doing it. At least there was THAT sort of upside.
    When I was levelling my doc, a friend of mine had a similar lvl enf toon and we would wreck 5 or 6 at a time if we had good enough DD. It was such an adrenaline rush to see how many we could handle and barely make it out alive. We were actually obtaining enjoyment by playing the game at a level other than 220. How the times have changed.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    When I was levelling my doc, a friend of mine had a similar lvl enf toon and we would wreck 5 or 6 at a time if we had good enough DD. It was such an adrenaline rush to see how many we could handle and barely make it out alive. We were actually obtaining enjoyment by playing the game at a level other than 220. How the times have changed.
    good times.

Fun=challenges that can be overcome.

Fun != maxed out toons with no challenge - just repletion to complete task1/task2/task3/ad infinitum

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    This - I can't agree more! I remember making alts, then spending millions just to get them able to do good DD / tank / solo hecklers in Ely ^^ Was so much fun, I really enjoyed the 100-210 bracket of heckling
    Borris2 - 220/30 Martial Artist

Andarsmann - 100/10 Trader

Borris1 - 30/3 Enforcer

Yeah, its a really good feel when your team is THIS close to dying, and then you come out on top walking around like haters gunna hate.

I've not had that feel for a while. Lately its more like.

TeamChat
    Person1: Oh crap, bad pull.
    Person2: Is the doc awake, HALP
    Person3 has quit the team
    Person4 is AFK
    Person5 has quit the team
    Person6 <is leeching and on follow>
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12