Thread: Dead mobs, mob death animations

Dead mobs, mob death animations

Why do mobs get fat when you kill them? These are mobs, not hot dogs. They aren't supposed to plump when you kill them.

This isn't a bug, but an annoyance. Some of the death animations of certain types of mobs are just too darn long. Certain types hit the floor and you can loot them, others throw a William Schatner-esque fit on the ground before you can loot them. Seriously, tell the mobs to stop overacting and let me loot them already. lol

Re: Dead mobs, mob death animations

Originally posted by Harammer
    Why do mobs get fat when you kill them? These are mobs, not hot dogs. They aren't supposed to plump when you kill them.

This isn't a bug, but an annoyance. Some of the death animations of certain types of mobs are just too darn long. Certain types hit the floor and you can loot them, others throw a William Schatner-esque fit on the ground before you can loot them. Seriously, tell the mobs to stop overacting and let me loot them already. lol
    Haha, so true!
    $
    ::. Anarchin, OT Fixer, Legion .::

Quote Originally Posted by Lynyah
    The difference is that you dont need a brain to camp things

I noticed that in missions -- and this may occur outside of missions -- that for certain humanoid MOBs, namely, those of the Atrox or female breeds, the death animations are waaayyy to long. I get the "You can loot these remains..." message maybe 2-4 seconds before I can actually loot the corpse.

Believe it or not, I think I know what 'causes' this. It has to do with what damage type the MOB suffered during the fight. If there was any fire, chemical, radiation or disease dmg done to the MOB, the MOB plays a different (longer duration) death animation. Doesn't seem to matter if the last shot was not one of those damage types either.

I also noticed that under these circumstances, after the animation finally stops playing, the model 'pops' a little bit, in the sense that it shifts position slightly in the horizontal plane (usually 0.5 - 1 meters) from where it looked like it was originally going to fall.

I repeat, the problem occurs only with Atrox or female breed humanoid models after they suffered fire, chemical, radiation or disease dmg during the fight.

Yes, you are right, type of damage caused death leads to diff animations, for example: poison damage - long death animation, projectile damage - no death animation at all.
    One more point: with my OT Kerans (poison damage) i kill 30-40 mobs per solo mission. 40x4 sec — 3 additional minutes per mission x amount of missions — 30 add minutes per day and finally x amount of players (say 20000 persons using poison or chemical weapon) we got 10 000 HOURS per day ppls watching death animation. I think it's way FC increases play time you pay for.

I agree that increased time in-game to kill the same # of MOBs with those damage types is definitely a (by the players, unwanted) side effect.

I don't actually believe that it's a ploy to gyp the player base, since it's not actually *necessary* to use those dmg types (switch to a different weap), nor is it consistent (i.e., the 'regular' death animations play at a reasonably fast rate). Nor is it necessary to stand there and wait for the MOB to stop its death throes, at least in a mission. Just move on to the next MOB, and come back to the previous corpse to loot it when done. Unless it's the last MOB in the mission, in which case yes, you're screwed, albeit at a much slower rate (1/30th - 1/40th of the original rate) than having to waste half an hour a day waiting for this kind of stuff.

But yes, it is annoying... especially getting the server-side notification that I can loot, when client-side, I can't. And no, it's not desynch. If anything, it's to eliminate the annoyance factor alone that FC should hasten to fix this. One less annoying thing = more happy players. Simple.
    Last edited by Inyuendo; Oct 22nd, 2002 at 02:03:18.

I think FC should add an option to "Put mob out of its misery". They roll around in agony, moaning and carrying on, why cant I just put another bullet into them and shut them up?

Talking

Yeah! None of this "Target is already dead" crap! I want to unleash hot fury on their still smouldering corpse.