Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video / info about the engine beta?

Video / info about the engine beta?

Hi,

Been a while since i was browsing these forums...
    I heard the new engine is actually beta and it was released. The problem is that there is no documentation about it, no video, no presentation, nothing...

Can this be found somewhere? I am pretty sure I am not the only one curious about this change.

Thanks,
    Khrys.
    Been here, done this...
    Time to move on...

maybe i finally can use my 2gb dedicated video card instead of using that shi*ty onboard video card that ao likes to use

Quote Originally Posted by khrystanna View Post
    hi,

been a while since i was browsing these forums...
    I heard the new engine is actually beta and it was released. The problem is that there is no documentation about it, no video, no presentation, nothing...

Can this be found somewhere? I am pretty sure i am not the only one curious about this change.

Thanks,
    khrys.

nda™
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    nda™
    NDA has never stopped people from posting "inside" information and screenshots. It prevents people from posting directly on this forum with their beta accounts, but I am surprised not to have seen a single screenshot on any other gaming forum I frequent, and it certainly doesn't stop the developers to post something.

for videos, search youtube
    there are plenty of them from beta server

Quote Originally Posted by Difs View Post
    for videos, search youtube
    there are plenty of them from beta server
    I've not managed to find a single one, that wasn't a fake or from 2012 and even the 2000 the original beta. :/ there's one that's been copied of a phone movie of a big screen from 2010; but nothing I find for this year.
    Last edited by Caloss2; Feb 5th, 2014 at 15:16:02.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

i've checked my youtube history and apparently they removed 4 of the videos i've seen (guess cause of nda laf)
    but i'm pretty sure there are more out there that funcom doesnt know about

After waiting countless years for a new engine, now that is in beta, NDA.
    Makes you wonder if the engine is actually in beta
    Been here, done this...
    Time to move on...

I've seen the new engine beta videos on youtube before they were removed. It is totally real and it looks pretty good. Wish there were more cool effects though. Who knows? Perhaps it'll come in the near future.

Do people still believe that the engine is vaporware lol?
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

pics or didnt happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmax View Post
    I thought the new engine was supposed to be a graphics upgrade, not downgrade.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

we get "Cheetah engine"
    how shiny he work and look we can see in EVE, they use the same open source engine.

the Base where foundet.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Surprisingly I was able to get my hands on a video from this Beta release.
    I can confirm that it exists and even though it is not up to date with a lot of things, it is a great improvement, and might actually be what AO needs to stay alive for a couple more years.

So... next question is when? This year i hope?
    Anyway, looking forward to actually log in to the new thing.
    Been here, done this...
    Time to move on...

Quote Originally Posted by Brampfine View Post
    we get "Cheetah engine"
    False.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    False.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=608356
    The Cheetah Engine
    We have made a feature list for the new engine beta that we want to share with you, so you are aware of what to expect when you get your beta invite.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Oh, they restarted again? Awesome. Looks like this might finally get released next decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Brampfine View Post
    [...]The Cheetah Engine[...]
    Part of the DreamWorld engine: "[...] our rendering engine, called ‘Cheetah’ [...]" (source)
    Izgimmy
    [220/30/80 Nano Technician]
    Dellingr
    [220/30/72 Engineer]
    Avalinn
    [220/30/80 Doctor]

Plus many more...
    Tiralinn
    [220/30/78 Bureaucrat]

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Do people still believe that the engine is vaporware lol?
    Uhm, until it actually hits live servers it is vaporware from my standpoint. Am I being to pessimistic? Perhaps there is precedent.
    Almadena

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast