Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neutnet Relations

Neutnet Relations

[Neutnet]: You are currently banned on this network. Reason: WTB not allowed in LR Channel . Neutnet5: [Lootrights] Paying 100m for Quick-Draw Holster of Aries LR | 150m for Cross Dimensional Gyro of Gemini LR PST [Me]. You have 2 day(s) 23:50:11 left of your bantime

Lmao. [PretentiousNeutnetMemberX]: Banned 3 days from Neutnet. WTB Is not Allowed in LR Channel.

So... that's a thing.

Just so everyone is aware:
    You can't post WTB Lootrights in 'Lootrights' channel.

You kids and your rules
    Last edited by Bluecheeze2; Feb 1st, 2014 at 07:19:23.

actually makes sense. if a hot lootrights needs to go out it shouldnt be blocked by a not important wtb message. (no im not related to neutnet)

Quote Originally Posted by slythea View Post
    actually makes sense. if a hot lootrights needs to go out it shouldnt be blocked by a not important wtb message. (no im not related to neutnet)
    It doesn't make sense. Why have a channel only for selling lootrights? If there's a category called lootrights, why would you then post WTB lootrights in shopping? It matches the lootrights category. It's ass-backwards and at most should result in a warning on 1st offense, but really should be changed.

I was banned for a long time for actually helping the community in the 'wrong channel', its a moronic bot, try dnet

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecheeze2 View Post
    Just so everyone is aware:
    You can't post WTB Lootrights in 'Lootrights' channel.

You kids and your rules
    If you had bothered to read the bot rules before posting you wouldn't be having this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    It doesn't make sense. Why have a channel only for selling lootrights? If there's a category called lootrights, why would you then post WTB lootrights in shopping? It matches the lootrights category. It's ass-backwards and at most should result in a warning on 1st offense, but really should be changed.
    Lootrights is for people selling something that has a 30 minute or less timer. You don't want that channel flooded by people posting WTBs. I quite like the fact that at a glance I can see what someone is selling, and it's quite annoying when I contact a "seller" only to find out they're actually looking to buy but posted in the LR chan instead.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    If you had bothered to read the bot rules before posting you wouldn't be having this issue.
    I read the rules.

I only got clarification after having been banned lmao.
    There wasn't even a warning.

Tell me Wakizaka, are you one of the admins? ^^

Neutnet is just RK2's way of trolling all the carebears that came out of RK1

ya srsly

NN cant stress it enough, read the flippin' rules of the bot.
    It's all explained. Make yourself a little chart in your head.
    Fastest Contact: Northadvncd "Agptaxi" Bankterminal
    Created: 2005-08-07 The AGP Cancelled: 2012-02-11
    AGPSHADOWMA2202568[P][E] AGPSHADOOMNT2142650[P][E]
    AGPECKOSOL1502049[P] AGPATLASDOC1502023[P]
    JURKENF150207[P][P2] JWRKENF270207 JUURKMP600614[P] HANZELSOL1001028[P]

Neutnet sucks. I thought this was common knowledge.
    I'm Batman.

I had this once also, it's the reverse of dnet, but now the rk2 bot is also active on RK1 (I put it that way, as first there was RK1, then RK2 was added then RK3, then the sister RK's where closed and merged with the original RK1).

It's just to avoid spamming the shopping channel, and a fair idea, loot-rights is not time locked as loot rights have a timer and are therefore more urgent, the rule is fine in essence.

But there are other bots.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

I like how people whine about a free voluntarily service as if said service owes them something. Bet you'd all be pretty mad if one day both dnet and neutnet are gone. If you want your own rules make your own bot

Quote Originally Posted by Notevenmad View Post
    I like how people whine about a free voluntarily service as if said service owes them something. Bet you'd all be pretty mad if one day both dnet and neutnet are gone. If you want your own rules make your own bot

this
    Forever yours. Otmoz.

Duel/solo stats can be faked. Side xp cant be. TL7 nw for life

Quote Originally Posted by Notevenmad View Post
    My only complaint was that there wasn't a warning system

If you read the initial post, it's merely a 'heads-up'.

I'm thankful for Neutnet and Dnet.

The rule makes total sense.

Also, do people not realize that it is just other players admining neutnet? Those people (however you wish to describe them) are taking time out of their personal playtime to admin a bot so that it stays up and running. If the bot goes unmonitored it would quickly get shut down because of the simple fact that people behave as if they can't be bothered to read the rules.

I was a neutnet admin and I can tell you it is NOT an entertaining experience. Who wants to sit and keep up with warnings and such.. just read the rules and you won't get banned. If you do get banned its just for 3 days or whatever so get over it and use dnet in the interim.. its not the end of the world. Honestly, when I was admin I would ban people and then send the notification from an unknown toon that I'd immediately log off just so I wouldn't have to sit and explain bans to people for 30min to an hour (no exaggeration there) or be subject to disrespectful/rude/demeaning conversation from people that apparently either have low reading comprehension skills or no respect for the efforts of the person that made the bot.

Now to the funny part of this particular thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Neutnet Rules
    Lootrights channel: Selling of NODROP item lootrights. All buying messages go to Shopping channel. If you are giving away lootrights, those should go here as well. If you have a message you intend to repeat, please do so sparingly.
    So if someone couldn't be bothered to read the rules of the bot that specifically state that all buying messages go to shopping channel.. why do you think they're going to listen/understand when its stated in this forum thread?
    Last edited by Traderjill; Feb 1st, 2014 at 18:15:38.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecheeze2 View Post
    Tell me Wakizaka, are you one of the admins? ^^
    Never have been, never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    I had this once also, it's the reverse of dnet, but now the rk2 bot is also active on RK1 (I put it that way, as first there was RK1, then RK2 was added then RK3, then the sister RK's where closed and merged with the original RK1).
    Neutnet was first. Dnet was copied from Neutnet. There is no RK1.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Lootrights is for people selling something that has a 30 minute or less timer. You don't want that channel flooded by people posting WTBs. I quite like the fact that at a glance I can see what someone is selling, and it's quite annoying when I contact a "seller" only to find out they're actually looking to buy but posted in the LR chan instead.
    Ya, I'm sure all 5 people left in the game are all going to spam WTB at the same time and cause you to miss something.

Heck, since Neutnet is apparently all for this kind of stuff, make PvP only apply to BS. You can only post BS-related things using the PvP flag, everything else just goes in General. Then only let people LFM post in PvM. If you're LFT you can also use General.

Yes, read the rules of neutnet its important. However, to instantly ban someone (who isn't a repeat offender), even though temporarily, because they posted the wrong message in the wrong channel (regardless of reason) I feel isn't warranted. A simple /tell of "Hi I am Captain Admin, you posted a message in the wrong channel, that kind of message goes in the X channel, if you continue to do so you will be temporarily banned and if it persists, permanently. thanks."

Of course, the admins are gonna say "oh we dont have time to do that with every single message, boo hoo, boo hoo. It isn't stated that we have to do anything of the sort when we take up admin responsibility boo hoo boo hoo" which merely perpetuates that the owner of the bot is closed minded and not open to more fair treatment (I also believe the owner of the bot doesn't play any more) and the current admins dont have enough forthright to come together and agree on some unwritten rules on how to treat first time offenders.

TLDR; bot nazis

The first warning to first time offenders is already there.

There was a time, in the history of this game, when faction run player bots were the only way you could do end game content. In that scenario, I understood why people voiced complaints and such because it was literally either do it with the bots or don't do it at all.

But neutnet.. come on now. If someone truly doesn't like neutnet why not just use dnet? The only boohooing I've seen over the years comes from people complaining about rules set for a bot that someone else is taking their time/effort/resources to run. And the so-called closed minded bot owner is one of only an extremely small minority of people throughout the history of the game that have taken on the responsibility of providing a bot service that can be used for the public. There's a reason why you don't have people falling over each other to put up public bots. Besides the fact that you're putting your personal accounts on the line if things go truly south with moderation, it is a lot of work to maintain/update/improve only to have the endusers bash you because they aren't 100% ok with the way you choose to admin your own system.

TLDR: Don't like it.. don't use it.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

3 day ban is excessive. for a small mistake.

neutnet needs to define the 2 types of abuses.
    minor mistake (such as op has posted. ie. posting in wrong channel)
    major abuse (spam, name calling, fighting)

id say give a minor mistake a 20 min ban. something small to just re enforce the idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast