Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – 31st of January, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    The thing that kinda confuses me about this is that I really don't see how a rezz sickness remover is going to make keepers more desirable team mates.
    Well there's also tara. Imagine a few keepers standing in 100% removing their sides rez sickness as they run back down to the fight in box.

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    Well there's also tara. Imagine a few keepers standing in 100% removing their sides rez sickness as they run back down to the fight in box.
    Yeah but, as I mentioned in my post, I don't think Genele was talking about PvP. She indicated that the point of giving it to keepers (as opposed to a more role appropriate class like a doctor) was to make them more desirable team mates. So in order for that to make sense, that means that she sees some scenarios in her head where having this rez sickness nano will result in people wanting keepers to be in their team (whereas usually they wouldn't seek one). Keepers aren't having a tough time 'getting teams' at tara as far as I know.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Feb 2nd, 2014 at 17:52:51.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Seems like clans would have an anvantage at tara, because of the save spot there, but if fc moves it to make it equal for both sides i guess that would fix tara.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    Everybody seems to just ignore that Genele stated there'd be a cool down. Multiboxing to remove one or perhaps two rezz sicknesses, wat. Yes, I read the whole thread. I think it's a minor, cool change, and it's great to see stuff happening. However, the continuing over all dumbing-down of AO is obviously much undesired. Stop that please.
    TWADER - Rimor Clanner - 220/31/70 - Trox Trader of Quetzalcoatl
    ATLANTEAN SERVER
    The Firm
    Godt Saa... Eller - STEEL!
    House Maadiah
    RIMOR SERVER
    The Syndicate
    Quetzlcoat

Quote Originally Posted by ICCKoruption View Post
    If you go to old athens, or omni entertainment be sure to look for the Rubi-ka museum of natural history. you will find numerous Traders that have been immaculately restored to their original states, some archeological digs were intentionally based around reclaim terminals.
    if you do find a trader still in circulation, be sure to check the expiry date, they are usually marked :best before june 2001.

Yeah but, as I mentioned in my post, I don't think Genele was talking about PvP. She indicated that the point of giving it to keepers (as opposed to a more role appropriate class like a doctor) was to make them more desirable team mates. So in order for that to make sense, that means that she sees some scenarios in her head where having this rez sickness nano will result in people wanting keepers to be in their team (whereas usually they wouldn't seek one). Keepers aren't having a tough time 'getting teams' at tara as far as I know.
    Yeah I can't really think of any encounter where it would be useful either. The logical compliment to it tho would be to give some other prof a resurrect ability like in... other games. Then it suddenly becomes very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Twangleman View Post
    Everybody seems to just ignore that Genele stated there'd be a cool down. Multiboxing to remove one or perhaps two rezz sicknesses, wat. Yes, I read the whole thread. I think it's a minor, cool change, and it's great to see stuff happening. However, the continuing over all dumbing-down of AO is obviously much undesired. Stop that please.
    1.you dont need to multibox to log a keeper on second account.
    2.either you can remove rezz sickness for just like one person in 5m - then it wont make a difference and no one will team with you just because of that or you can do more. for instance your whole team in 5m. or the cooldown is 1m. in that case it wont matter for pvm but it'll mess up tara and towers bad. as i have repeatedly said.

so. either it is usable to a notable degree, then it'll be bad for the game, or it isnt- then we do not need to talk about it at all.

oh and there is something like it in game already. its called meeping. but to use that efficiently you have to play right. see other threads on how fond people are of it. the only difference is, one cripples you for a little bit and people dont get points for you, and the other they do get points and it doesnt cripple you. go figure.
    Last edited by Xootch; Feb 2nd, 2014 at 18:48:15.

Perhaps if this new keeper nano would also allow the keeper to warp their dead teammate back to the mission/raid/whatever to take away the rez-sickness ... that would make keeper useful to be in team.

Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    Perhaps if this new keeper nano would also allow the keeper to warp their dead teammate back to the mission/raid/whatever to take away the rez-sickness ... that would make keeper useful to be in team.

Emma
    I thought there is a profession with that in tool-set already...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    If only it wasn't locked out in the places where it would be most useful
    Trypha - 220/30/70 Engineer - General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypothecary - 220/30/69 Doctor
    Trypocalypse - 220/30/70 Soldier
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    You thought correct but how many professions can grid, how many can heal, how many can calm/root/snare just because there is already one with the toolset doesnt mean another cant learn the skill

Keeper warp would be awesome!

I can imagine low level characters needing rez sickness removal if they die in TOTW or Foreman's. I can see fixers, traders, &c, and now Keepers hanging outside those dungeons looking cool and offering people free buffs. I don't see it as a bad thing. Not long ago I was that wee froob and noob checking out people's awesome gears thinking to myself: 'I want to look like that one day!'
    We'll find our souls inside the blaze.
    As the sky turns into rain...
    Love will dissolve all the pain.

I wonder if FC you will look into stealing a few things from guild wars. All these advys upset about morphs. I wonder how you would feel if FC had the code support to give you "traps" you can place on the ground and boons to replace those spirit tech things I not seen used by an advy in years.

Agents throw us a bone what are you going to do about this epic failure of a class? Some design details at least please.

I don't really see the point in whining about a buff to keepers. Especially since in the same breath it's stated that there are more changes coming to keeper, but that this is what's new and now. Damn, people.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    All these advys upset about morphs. I wonder how you would feel if FC had the code support to give you "traps" you can place on the ground and boons to replace those spirit tech things I not seen used by an advy in years.
    Most of us are thinking "yay finally someone listened to us an is doing something about morphs!" and throwing out questions about the wolf aura and if adjustments will be made to adjust it since teammates can't be morphed after the changes. Seems safe to assume that morph related nanos like insta heals, auras, frenzy, and pit lizzard nukes would get tweaks/updates/removal as needed. Looking forward to the updates myself.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    gonna miss the parrot from my advy
    Maybe we can get another SL-friendly runspeed buff in its place? Doesn't have to be from advy necessarily as long as it is target other and doesn't require a team. Seriously getting parrot makes the Scheol quests a walk in the park, without it, ugh.
    Trypha - 220/30/70 Engineer - General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypothecary - 220/30/69 Doctor
    Trypocalypse - 220/30/70 Soldier
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

Is rezz sickness remover for all to use coming to the Item Store?

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I don't really see the point in whining about a buff to keepers. Especially since in the same breath it's stated that there are more changes coming to keeper, but that this is what's new and now. Damn, people.
    I wasn't whining about it exactly but moreso interested in the thought behind it. I was expecting Genele to say something quite differently than what she did regarding the 'why's' behind putting that in the keeper toolset. I guess from a personal perspective, I've been posting suggestions to add that tool to the doctor toolset for 9 years or so and was a tad surprised when it finally arrives in the form of a keeper nano. I don't think the nano is game-changing one way or the other just a neat little thing to have and, for me, it always seemed like something that doctors 'should' be able to do.

As I've mentioned before, in threads you've replied to, the uniqueness of the toolsets of each profession is still one of the things I love about AO. I feel like sometimes that gets swept under the rug a bit as time goes on (in the form of shop buyable profession specific tools and such). I'm just hoping nanos don't get randomly thrown into toolsets 'just because' when they don't necessarily fit the description of the profession.

That's all really
    You can find me at:

I'm just hoping nanos don't get randomly thrown into toolsets 'just because' when they don't necessarily fit the description of the profession.

That's all really
    You could argue that it does fall within the description of the prof. The keeper has many powerful auras to help the team. One more tucked under their wing would not seem too out of place i think?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post

Emma
    This is true otherwise the team would need an engie too which is another prof in need of help.

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    You could argue that it does fall within the description of the prof. The keeper has many powerful auras to help the team. One more tucked under their wing would not seem too out of place i think?
    Well you could argue that but that's not what Genele said, was kinda my point in making that comment. She didn't say that it was added to keepers because it was in alignment with <insert a brief description of their role/function>. TBH, that's actually what I was hoping she was going to say because, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I've seen keepers be some pretty fantastic support healers, they have auras, etc. That wasn't, however, the reasoning given behind adding it.. it just sounded (to me) like it was a new skill they were adding to game and they put it under a profession that needed a boost.. not put it under a profession because it was in alignment with the class role/function.
    You can find me at:

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast