Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – 31st of January, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    2014[/font]

I'm Coming back
    im back as well.
    im starting keepers only subway raids

http://imageshack.com/a/img716/8207/7oyl.png
    Last edited by Anarrina; Feb 24th, 2014 at 23:11:01.
    In the subway goes the keepers

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    2014[/font]

I'm Coming back

Heh good, as long as I've played AO (nov 2001) I've kinda known of/you like fixtures and fittings now mate hehe.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Feb 24th, 2014 at 23:11:41.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Brampfine View Post
    This is what AO player loved
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOKv1OVXnk
    hoped ever to enter Soon™ and travel to the base where they get produced but..

all outdoor citys r gone
    no longer nomad ai raids
    no skylines

a lot is gone
    Totally agree. I loved that too, the outdoor cities and the spaceships coming for raids.
    This is what a mmorpg should be. Instanced crap is just that, crap.
    If removing mmorpg features for easiness is the way forward, team instance totw and the others. After all, we don't like mmorpg features anymore... it's just too much work.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    First!

Hmm, so how the XP regain is calculated again?

Also, it's kinda sad to see adv morphs going away...

1) you dont use morphs,really.
    2) you aint selling morhps, really
    3) , really!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomb4 View Post
    fsojddq oiermoinue jiebu
    (just randomly hiting the keyboard like Zixx) <3

Quote Originally Posted by Zixx View Post
    1) you dont use morphs,really.
    2) you aint selling morhps, really
    3) , really!
    I'm selling some of them, probably... They are just buried in my bank sell thread on forums...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    Hai 2u!

The development team has been working hard to finish a bug fix patch for the Closed Beta server this month, so a whole bunch of newly invited players get new bugs to find.

In the 18.7 branch, things are progressing nicely ...

That’s it from me this month. Have fun!

- Genele
    Genele,

In very general terms, based on your past experience with a patch/change similar in size to 18.7 ...

How long do you expect 18.7 be in Beta/Test before it comes out on the Live servers? Should we expect it on the Live server by spring, summer?

No promises, just your best estimate.

Liwa

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Liwa View Post
    How long do you expect 18.7 be in Beta/Test before it comes out on the Live servers? Should we expect it on the Live server by spring, summer?

No promises, just your best estimate.
    I think we all know it's not "safe" to give any kind of estimates; everything is seen as a promise regardless of any disclaimers we'd put on it.

It will be out when we think it's ready. When we're done with the non-engine related 18.7 stuff on the beta server, you can expect it to stay on testlive for a while before going live.*

*Note: 18.7 going live/testlive has nothing to do with engine release dates or availability. 18.7 is separate from the engine.
    Last edited by Macrosun; Feb 25th, 2014 at 19:24:29.

You guys that develop AO further, have to consider how safe/Stable/bug free the live patch/server build is, vs beta server. How i see it, the live server is more beta , test server more correct Any one remember how Sony manage to patch live to there mmoprg/ everyquest while server running? I love smart codes. Life is beta there is no best state. Players of AO have managed to deal with bugs for many years i dont mind to see some new bugs on live.

ps. i am not questing moderation just questing the concept of live it self. Good luck with the coding guys looking forward to see something new soon.
    Last edited by Ironmax; Feb 25th, 2014 at 19:33:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmax View Post
    Life is beta there is no best state. Players of AO have managed to deal with bugs for many years i dont mind to see some new bugs on live.
    You must have missed the garbage trucks full of hate dropped all over FC's staff when patches were released with bugs in them. I bet there's still PTSD in the office over that stuff.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Quote Originally Posted by Tryptophy View Post
    You must have missed the garbage trucks full of hate dropped all over FC's staff when patches were released with bugs in them. I bet there's still PTSD in the office over that stuff.
    You speak like there is no bugs on live server the truck is a illusion. I only seen the hate truck for not coming with new engine / updates

They use Visual Studio , you have intelisense, trace logs etc, no real reason to have any bad bugs, if you brake the game just because of small code, then you should really stop work as a developer. I am sure the bugs are of minor issue or of visual "character "
    Last edited by Ironmax; Feb 25th, 2014 at 20:43:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmax View Post
    You speak like there is no bugs on live server the truck is a illusion. I only seen the hate truck for not coming with new engine / updates

They use Visual Studio , you have intelisense, trace logs etc, no real reason to have any bad bugs, if you brake the game just because of small code, then you should really stop work as a developer. I am sure the bugs are of minor issue or of visual "character "
    And yet bad bugs still get into game. And, up until the last few years, we had quite a few more developers. It's far from a perfect setup. So, care to take another whack at that?
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Towerblock View Post
    And yet bad bugs still get into game. And, up until the last few years, we had quite a few more developers. It's far from a perfect setup. So, care to take another whack at that?
    I am not trying to whack any thing mate, i understand your point. Ok lets look at it this way,
    there are 2 types of bugs basically (there are more bugs but this are the 2 top)

1. Hardware bugs( Bad memory pointing, (this is usually handle by engine/tool). this can lead
    memory leaks, string query that point to wrong objects. objects get wrong texture ID etc. This can be bad if ID of ammo box becomes ID of BoC..Memory leaks also effect game performance and
    can result in dc. The guys that works on the more unmanaged code level.

2. Bug types nr2. Are more constructor/string bugs, wrong logic of things, like runspeed becomse
    to fast or skills missing, this are basically human blind typing of codes error or bad coding discipline.
    this codes is very unlikely to be bad in any ways since this are basically logic codes and access of objects that are already constructed.
    Last edited by Ironmax; Feb 25th, 2014 at 22:44:40.

Attempts at a technical explanation by a non-technical individual always leads to amusing results

Unfortunately that's not quite how bugs work.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Attempts at a technical explanation by a non-technical individual always leads to amusing results

I am non-technical individual hehe ? how insulting and wrong. Your not technical working for funcom any more are you? back to trolling now ?

And yes this are the 2 main category how codes become wrong or bad. You cant really say that bug works, this not a correct terminology, i never seen the line "bug" In my visual studio screen, never seen any compile error with warning "bug". This is something you say to some one that does not know programing language. Programming is more than just technical.

Vhabs development was probably under category nr 2. (where you can make less mess)
    Last edited by Ironmax; Feb 25th, 2014 at 22:41:44.

I'm having a bloody good chuckle now

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Guys, stop arguing. Just because he took a semester of programming at his local community college and now thinks he knows everything doesn't mean he is uneducated, hes just a giant newb who ran left. We need to steer him in the right direction!

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    Guys, stop arguing. Just because he took a semester of programming at his local community college and now thinks he knows everything doesn't mean he is uneducated, hes just a giant newb who ran left. We need to steer him in the right direction!
    I am confused you talking about Vhab? and when did this subject started to relate to individuals?
    i cant find the right operator to code this logic..more heads on constructive talk plz.

Let's end this line of conversation, please.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    I think we all know it's not "safe" to give any kind of estimates; everything is seen as a promise regardless of any disclaimers we'd put on it.

It will be out when we think it's ready. When we're done with the non-engine related 18.7 stuff on the beta server, you can expect it to stay on testlive for a while before going live.*

*Note: 18.7 going live/testlive has nothing to do with engine release dates or availability. 18.7 is separate from the engine.
    I had thought the new engine and 18.7 were one and the same ...

So, if the engine isn't ready, the NPE & 18.7 system and/or other changes can be released to Test-Live separately?

Which 18.7 things are non-engine related? The NPE? System changes Genele mentioned? Or?

Emma

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast