Thread: OTPC Freelance: Dark year ahead for Sentinel Clan?

OTPC Freelance: Dark year ahead for Sentinel Clan?

OTPC Freelance: Dark year ahead for Sentinel Clan?
    Jan 2nd, 29488 - Andrew Phillips

OTPC Freelance: Woes for the Sentinel Clan show no signs of abating in 29488 after a turbulent year marked by conflict, confusion, and internal divisions.

An extended period of controversy began when the usually populist Clan withdrew from an investigation by the Joint Clans into the death of New Dawn Representative Xeavier Humbold, sparking widespread criticism. Being in control of the City of Tir where his death took place, hopes of a timely resolution were dashed.

Matters escalated when the Sentinels detained New Dawn leader Ruth Montezuma after she led a fact-finding mission to the Tower of Truth, holding her imprisoned for several months. At least twice during this period assassins in Sentinel armour attempted to murder Montezuma in her cell, with her liberation coming only after intervention by a cross-faction coalition. The faces of the assassins bore the appearance of Bahirae Serugiusu.

In mid-November the OTPC discovered that a Cyborg base in Perpetual Wastelands was raided by a force of forty in Sentinel garb who proceeded to harvest cybernetic material from the corpses, transporting them to an unknown location. Force Commander Sonya 'Brasidas' of the ICC Peacekeepers, lately distinguished for her role in the inquiry into Serugiusu, has undertaken to investigate the raid.

With no explanations being offered for any of the above incidents, the insularity of the normally outspoken Clan looks set to continue this year.
    In response, Sentinel Timothy "Tombak" noted simply "I don't know everything that goes on with our guys."

Perhaps it is in the interest of our common safety that we find out.

One can also take into account the repeated failure of Sentinel security within TIR. Simon himself was recently dispatched by Omni-Pol when he personally came to assist his Sentinels in the defence of their city. It's just a shame we were unable to reroute his insurance pattern in time.

How can the Clans have confidence in someone who can't even protect his own city?
    Last edited by Agentcora; Jan 3rd, 2014 at 15:48:06. Reason: Sensitive data removed.
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcora View Post
    How can the Clans have confidence in someone who can't even protect his own city?
    Man, this is rich. This coming from someone who backed a deranged Femmebot who literally gutted the OT-RK government like a downed game beast.

What a fabulous glass house you live in!
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

One can also take into account the repeated failure of Sentinel security within TIR. Simon himself was recently dispatched by Omni-Pol when he personally came to assist his Sentinels in the defence of their city. It's just a shame we were unable to reroute his insurance pattern in time.

How? Well, I guess Omni-Pol didn't quite gain our confidence as to protecting our city. It might have something to do with attacking it.

I suggest avoiding to spit too high. Only a few months ago, you were standing in Omni-HQ to remove murderous CEO Serugiusu. That's a bad spot from which to lecture about how Silverstone protects his city. At least, he didn't turn against his own.(1)

(1)For some reason, this rings awfully ominous to my ear.

Back to the article at hand:

OTPC has taken a bad habit at sticking to facts. Stop it! Where's the good old propaganda so we can take bites out of it?

Sadly, the silence of the last 6 months from the Sentinel Leader has provided fertile ground for several questions which remain unanswered so far. Let's hope it won't go on much further.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenah View Post
    I suggest avoiding to spit too high. Only a few months ago, you were standing in Omni-HQ to remove murderous CEO Serugiusu. That's a bad spot from which to lecture about how Silverstone protects his city. At least, he didn't turn against his own.
    Well absolutely. Perhaps you will be standing in Tir only a few months hence to remove Simon Silverstone?
    DC Zoe Pauly
    Department of Investigations

It's a lot easier then having confidence in a company that attacks said city four times in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerac View Post
    Well absolutely. Perhaps you will be standing in Tir only a few months hence to remove Simon Silverstone?
    Who knows, But right now it just sounds like wishful thinking.

Pfft, things are quiet at the moment. CEO Pourais has so far been a fair-minded leader willing to reach out to the Clans and Ruth Montezuma is a Clan leader even am Omni can respect. Its almost like the good old days of Ross and Radiman are back.

Enjoy the peace and quiet while we have it, because nothing lasts forever...
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by Amerac View Post
    Ugh... I hope not. It's one thing to fight someone who you don't know much and has consistently been unfriendly, it's another to fight someone who you've known in much better days...

This makes absolutely no sense. None of it. I cannot and will not take Omni-Tek propaganda as the absolute truth. Having just returned to Rubi-Ka, there's so much information to take in, but reading about it in the news is pointless - I can't trust this.

Oh don't worry; there's been no lack of coverage from the gutter press either:
    FJRK - Humbold Investigation Blocked by Sentinels
    FJRK – Sentinels announce bounty in exchange for Tir attackers

The second piece neglects to mention that the Sentinels made sure Montezuma took up their 'invitation to answer some questions' by way of armed guards and prison cells, or that they were kind enough to offer this enforced hospitality for rather longer than one would expect of a chat. Why? Who can say?

Am I the only one that thinks pretty much any media is just an unpaid PR team with their own agenda here? Last I knew no one political body is clean and transparent from head to toe. Its not even practical to be so.

As a side note: Everyone I know that has met Simon Silverstone tells me he is an arrogant fool, with a chip on his shoulder and his head up his ass. You don't need good OR bad press to confirm a popular opinion.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...