Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – 31st of December, 2013

about how long till the new engine reach testlive?
    Swifttech - Nano Technician - Level 195
    Swiftkeep - Keeper - Level 60
    Swiftstealth - Shade - Level 130

MY very hopeful ASSUMPTION is engine is trying to be pushed through for AO anniversary.

new content is fine as long as it doesnt delay engine release.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    *clap clap clap* Which horses...the real ones or digital ones?

Happy new year Genele, AO team, and AO community! I miss you every day!
    Happy new year Means No chance to reenter the throne of Anarchy?

New content would be nice, it's a bit dull atm to say the least.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Well, that sure does put a damper on my hopes for engine in the first half of the year. I mean new content is a multi month effort in itself. So if it is to be developed test and pushed live for us to have something to do then a> it is already in development and been kept quite but is close to release or b> the more likely options is that the engine is 6+ months away and they realize that the people that took the money grab re-subscribe offers will be pissed with same old AO for that much longer without something new to chew on.

Yep new year same crap.

I want to say in over 20 years in the software industry I have never worked for a company that sees December as a vacation month. In fact it is just the opposite, I can count on one hand the number of christmas's that I have not worked 60+ hour weeks to make a delivery schedule in the last 20+ years. Really would love to find these companies that take such nice christmas breaks.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Euros (and Euro-based companies) typically have vacations in July and X-mas. Funcom certainly has as far back as I can recall, as well as some friends I have known for years who live in europe. CCP (Eve Online) Devs have been on mass vacation the past 2 weeks as well, for example.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

This Means Leet

Quote Originally Posted by means View Post
    *clap clap clap* which horses...the real ones or digital ones?

Happy new year genele, ao team, and ao community! I miss you every day!
    means!

Quote Originally Posted by enfsatangirl View Post
    what u should do is to change ure desision about 3 party prog and multiboxing, it destroys the game .
    It can be nerfed yeah. Through making teambuffs less potent or active (like the guardian-perk) while making generic special-attacks have longer execution-time. F.x: Aimed Shot = 2sec to aim (have 2 stand still or else it interupts) and then as is available.
    Last edited by leetlover; Jan 2nd, 2014 at 20:33:10.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Any news on those items to pay for subscription with ingame credits? Or if they could please also be possibly converted into Funcom points?

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    We're also still looking at the overhauling the store exploring different options - including a game time for credits option on the ingame market. While this is not 100% nailed down, we're all positive to the benefits that such a system could bring to the game.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    Euros (and Euro-based companies) typically have vacations in July and X-mas. Funcom certainly has as far back as I can recall, as well as some friends I have known for years who live in europe. CCP (Eve Online) Devs have been on mass vacation the past 2 weeks as well, for example.
    Too bad the AO developers have been in Canada/US for years now

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    Any news on those items to pay for subscription with ingame credits? Or if they could please also be possibly converted into Funcom points?
    Been wondering this as well.

When will the invites start? I read on the forum that the players with 12 month subscription would get a beta invite. But i havent recieved any yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifttech View Post
    about how long till the new engine reach testlive?
    Why do they need to bring it to testlive - it is already on a live server and u can get access to it by paying your 12 month subs up front - Read your emails from FC.

A lot of ppl think its a bit wrong them doing it that way - but if you want to see it renew your subs. Not sure if the offer is still running though!!

Datch - Happy new year - Again - yeh I know - but i'm still partying!!

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    *clap clap clap* Which horses...the real ones or digital ones?

Happy new year Genele, AO team, and AO community! I miss you every day!
    OMG lol that guy he is .............. "STILL ALIVE ™"

Will we get a a new engine anouncement 7th anniversary event if the engine is not realeased in 6 month ?
    A suggestion to remove ranged advy full auto problem : http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=529754

pistol are now for dot user , Ranged advy need revolver :

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...6&postcount=21

Quote Originally Posted by massef View Post
    When will the invites start? I read on the forum that the players with 12 month subscription would get a beta invite. But i havent recieved any yet.
    There was one post (in the launcher?) that said people who signed up for 12months would receive an immediate invite, and people who signed up for 6months would get an invite in January (sometime? obviously not immediately); but then there was another post for "clarification" which stated that these subs gave "priority" which seemed to go back on the guaranteed invite, but it wasn't at all clear to me if they had changed their position or not.

Edit: here's the "clarification" - so is it a guaranteed invite or is it back to "priority"?
    Last edited by Trypha; Jan 3rd, 2014 at 16:13:55.
    Trypha - 220/30/70 Engineer - General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypothecary - 220/30/69 Doctor
    Trypocalypse - 220/30/70 Soldier
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

If you bought the christmas 12month subscription you got instant access to the beta.

If you have a 12month or 6month subscription you get priority over other people to get into the next wave of invites.

This is how I interpreted it.
    -Equilibrium-
    Perkable - 220/30 Crat
    Enforcblack - 220/30 Enf
    Blacklist - 200/30 Adv
    Blackhawkzz - 200/30 Crat
    Nano93 - 168/23 NT
    Blackhawkss - 164/22 Sold
    Black - 150/20 Enf
    Blackhawks - 126/15 Agent
    Cannibalz - 92/9 Enf
    Blackhawks00 -57/6 MP
    Blackhawkd - 29/3 Tard

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Too bad the AO developers have been in Canada/US for years now
    Yes, but the company still runs as it always has and doesn't appear to adopted Amercian vacation patterns as yet.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Quote Originally Posted by massef View Post
    Well i thought 12m subs were getting beta in December, and 6m in January. As it was stated in last promotion... Think i was wrong...

What I read from the first message is, if you signed up for 12 months (not if you already were on a 12 month, you had to resign for 12 months right then) you got instant access. If you signed up for 6 months, you would get access in January, though they didn't say when. I signed up for 6 months because I thought the wait until January was tolerable. Then there came this new post which seemed to throw all that out the window. We are only 3 days into the month and they were vague about when in January invites would be coming so I guess we have to see. If the "clarification" post is the last word, 6monthers might not even get access in January. That's my confusion.
    Trypha - 220/30/70 Engineer - General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypothecary - 220/30/69 Doctor
    Trypocalypse - 220/30/70 Soldier
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

My 12 month went through, I got no invite. I'm sure I did something wrong of course, it couldn't just be more bull****.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast