Thread: Issues with movment when holding shift/ctrl/alt

Issues with movment when holding shift/ctrl/alt

Hi
    I recently managed to break my g15 which did not have this issue, but now that i switched to a 7G steelseries mech keyboard i have a huge issue with holding shift/ctrl/alt and trying to use W A S D and/or space.
    Bassicly:

Holding shift/ctrl/alt blocks all other keystrokes from w a s d or space and they become unuseable.
    When i hold W and then start holding shift/ctrl/alt my char starts auto running forward and i can let go of the key.

This does not happen in any other game iv tested in (wow swtor dayz LoL airmech) with this 7g keyboard and even tho shift is rarly used in AO its pretty damn annoying =)
    And it will make this keyboard unusable in this game imo if Funcom ever gives us proper keybinding capabillities.

Anyone know of any fixes to this or any develepors allready looking into this with the new engine?
    Is anyone with a 7g or with the same issue able to say if this is a issue on the new engine ?
    (Dont if theres a chance of NDA banning you)

It's always been like that for me, and in 12 years I've never considered it an issue. It's a quirk of the AO input system. I actually like it this way. Pressing W, the shift, then releasing W is a nice and fast auto-run toggle.

I actually have a 7G keyboard, though I've had the same experience with all my previous keyboards as well. And I have no idea why you didn't experience this with the G15...
    Tools: AOCrafter | AOcrayon | GUISelect | WebCrafter

- Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Mawerick View Post
    It's always been like that for me, and in 12 years I've never considered it an issue. It's a quirk of the AO input system. I actually like it this way. Pressing W, the shift, then releasing W is a nice and fast auto-run toggle.

I actually have a 7G keyboard, though I've had the same experience with all my previous keyboards as well. And I have no idea why you didn't experience this with the G15...
    Yeah its not really a issue with Anarchy Online in its current state since most of whats done is done by clicking (not counting specials and 1-5).
    I do see the convience of being able to shift+w to auto run, but i would much rather have it as a key binding option than removing the abillity to keybind shift/ctrl/alt while effectivly moving dont you agree ?

It is a massive issue if the game updates its key binding capabillity =)
    QERTFGZXCV1-5 is all good for key binds but as soon as you add shift/ctrl/alt key binds your char will start running in random directions or not move at all while using your abillities.
    Iv played the game for around 11 years and even though i cant remember before i got the g15 that much, i instantly noticed a issue and annoyence when not being able to control char while using shift/ctrl/alt.
    The game is very old and theres not many mmorpg games iv played in a while thats older than WoW other than this, so im guessing its to do with the old setup of the game.
    If anything id say this is a thing worth looking into with the new engine atleast.
    Last edited by Abcewaitwhat; Dec 31st, 2013 at 19:45:09.