Thread: Yalms and invert mouse control

Yalms and invert mouse control

I have used invert mouse control since the beginning (pull back to look up). I finally saved up for a Yalm, bought it, and discovered that up and down are reversed - ie the "invert mouse" option apparently doesn't work when you're in a Yalm.

Is there any way around this? It's driving me *crazy* - I'm all over the place in that thing.

I've had the same problem, i even petitioned it once but never got a reply on it.

I changed to get used to the un-inverted mouselook...takes some time..but i thought it would go faster then "simply" fixing this..
    Rawkster - 200 Agent
    Thorian - 200 Trader

This bothers me like crazy. My joy of buying my first yalm was totally squashed when i tried to fly the darn thing.

It would take FC like 5 minutes of programming time to fix this, and it is TERRIBLY annoying to us mouse inverters.

I emailed them about it, and got the canned response "sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties", and to send them my main.cfg file - riiight.

We just have to keep trying to bring the bug to their attention, so they can't keep ignoring it. And I think its just that not enough people have complained. (ie. When i complained about no yalm mouse invert in my guild chat, the general response was 'who cares, nobody uses mouse invert anyway').

I'd like a 'normal flight control'-switch as well...

bump
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

Originally posted by Telekon
    It would take FC like 5 minutes of programming time to fix this, and it is TERRIBLY annoying to us mouse inverters.
    I agree. I can understand it being considered a low priority issue by FC given that mouse inverters are probably in the minority, but it would be so incredibly trivial to fix that I can't believe they couldn't work it in somewhere. It can't be more than a line or two of code.

I've posted essentially the same thread in the bugs forum. Feel free to bump it over there, too.

Does holding your mouse upside down help at all?
    Fixers were not put on this world to damage things, purely to run away from stuff.....

Skizzz - Omni Fixer

Recruiting for Alphastrike, send me a /tell

Recruitment Ad - Contact us here

/me never understood the appeal of "invert mouse" options in non-flightsim games.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Originally posted by skizzz
    Does holding your mouse upside down help at all?
    Yeah but then my left and right are reversed.

ah, try turning around 180 aswell. You may need a mirror to see the monitor.
    Fixers were not put on this world to damage things, purely to run away from stuff.....

Skizzz - Omni Fixer

Recruiting for Alphastrike, send me a /tell

Recruitment Ad - Contact us here

Originally posted by skizzz
    ah, try turning around 180 aswell. You may need a mirror to see the monitor.

ROFLMAO
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!