Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anarchy Online "Winter Holidays" has started!

Funcom employee Anarchy Online "Winter Holidays" has started!

Just letting you all know that Santaleet has arrived!

More information on this year's Christmas events and special offers can be found on our website.

Frist

Will the game be still around in august 2016? I'm just considering if I should upgrade, again...
    Last edited by Ekarona; Dec 13th, 2013 at 16:33:55.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

You might want to add the instant-invite to closed beta from the special offers page to your post about closed beta invites. It's all the way at the bottom of the christmas page.

ohum
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

hehe i am on first page atleast for once

wintar holidals! ermahgerd!!

#Spellcheck
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

"Anyone who uses this offer to sign up for twelve months of Membership will receive immediate access to the Closed Beta.
    Anyone who has signed up for six months of Membership will receive guaranteed access to the Closed Beta in January."

So we who have 12month already, shouldnt we already be invited? Or do we get punished for already having paid?

I started a thread on 18.6, but maybe this is the better place to post ...

Did I read the holiday renewal offer correctly???

If you renew your subscription for 12 months during the holiday promotion you will receive an immediate invite to the closed beta?

What about all of us who are already on a 12 month subscription (some on 12 month subs for years ... ) and availed ourselves of previous offers such that we are already paid thru 2015? We have not received invites and are now behind players who did not renew previously and now choose to renew this current holiday offer?

Liwa

Its so hard to believe that the beta is actually happening :P merry christmas to all

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

Damn, no closed beta access for me then. I've played since 2007, been paid since 2008 iirc and just because I don't prefer subscribing for 1 year rather than 1 month per time, I don't get the access. :/

Anyway, is it just me or is the loginserver down? I can't log on! D: fixed
    Last edited by Laiskiainen; Dec 13th, 2013 at 18:46:35.
    I'm the master of sloth puppets!! ;D

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Liwa View Post
    What about all of us who are already on a 12 month subscription (some on 12 month subs for years ... )
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=608684

Quote Originally Posted by Laiskiainen View Post
    Anyway, is it just me or is the loginserver down? I can't log on! D: fixed
    Hamsters are being iffy AO wide atm.
    I make it look easy, 'cause it is to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphamon View Post
    "Anyone who uses this offer to sign up for twelve months of Membership will receive immediate access to the Closed Beta. Anyone who has signed up for six months of Membership will receive guaranteed access to the Closed Beta in January."

So we who have 12month already, shouldnt we already be invited? Or do we get punished for already having paid?
    It's a fairly transparent play to leverage the beta and buzz about the new engine to sell as many returning players on one-year subs as possible. Then they roll the beta engine to live in May to get another little burst of re-subs . . . and in August announce the game is being shut down by the end of the year. Not the worst plan for going out in style. It'll mean more people around for the 12/31/14 last day celebration anyway.

Outdoor Holiday Leets

Do we have the chance to find Ice-leets, Ant-leets, or Santaleets roaming around the countryside? Or do the holiday packages only drop from the Grinch in the Santa Workshop missions?

I re-read the Holiday webpage and it wasn't clear, to me at least.

Liwa

Nice so if you buy a 12 month sub now you get immediate access but if you already have a 12 month sub you don't? How fair. I've got 2 12m subs i should have the same access as anyone buying right now.

Quote Originally Posted by adeptall View Post
    Nice so if you buy a 12 month sub now you get immediate access but if you already have a 12 month sub you don't? How fair. I've got 2 12m subs i should have the same access as anyone buying right now.
    I say a higher priority since we have already proved that we love the game and want to keep playing. I have two accounts that are paid until:

Membership valid until 2015-05-26 20:25:07

And two more that are good to the middle of 2014.

Players who have unique hardware that we think is important to test, might get a higher priority than the above mentioned list.

I will add that I have 3 24" 1920 x 1200 monitors that support Nvidia's Surround mode. Surely this qualifies if not as Unique but certainly not as common!
    I also have a Unique sound setup. I have multiple sound cards all being used simultaneously...

/me has hopeful fingers crossed....
    DROP TABLE AO.Secret_Nerf_Table

AOSpeak Site
    Join AOSpeak, the Anarchy Online Teamspeak 3 server!
    Send /tell speak help for more information.

Happy 12th Birthday - still at the bottom

I just noticed my account had its 12th Birthday yesterday ..happy birthday my account. But as I have only paid monthly, or quarterly for about 3 year period in the middle, and notwithstanding the number of funcom points I have bought, paid points I bought and upgrades I have bough all through the account...I am still at the lowest priority for closed beta access...happy birthday but no present it seems Oh - and I think this may well be my first post (or at least the first one I can remember).

Its great to be a customer...

Yep, you avoid all the beta problems
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I have done all the Santa Workshop Missions, the Ginger Leet, all the other Santa Leet missions, and the Stolen gifts mission in Borealis. None of them give the new tree outfit as a reward.

Anyone willing to tell the secret of finding the new tree outfit?

Liwa

edit: Thank you sooo much for putting 3 of the stolen pkgs on top of buildings so small toons have to find ways to climb shear walls to get the stolen gifts ... one of the three is impossible. I had to get the candycane with a toon that can fly/jump tall bldgs. in order to finish mission with my new small toon.
    Last edited by Liwa; Dec 13th, 2013 at 22:19:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Liwa View Post
    I have done all the Santa Workshop Missions, the Ginger Leet, all the other Santa Leet missions, and the Stolen gifts mission in Borealis. None of them give the new tree outfit as a reward.

Anyone willing to tell the secret of finding the new tree outfit?

Liwa

edit: Thank you sooo much for putting 3 of the stolen pkgs on top of buildings so small toons have to find ways to climb shear walls to get the stolen gifts ... one of the three is impossible. I had to get the candycane with a toon that can fly/jump tall bldgs. in order to finish mission with my new small toon.
    Get parrot from an advy, I know it's hard to think for yourself from time to time, but there are such things as miracles.
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast