Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: PVP Videos!

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    Using third party software to gain an advantage over other players.
    wow, this means all of us should be banned for cheating since we all used clicksaver (you know, the 3rd party software that automatically rolls missions to find a specific item you want, giving you the advantage to save tens of hours of search)
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

I find it hilarious that when it was the billion dollar 220 MR-AS ultra twinks gank feasting on 200ish greenies flagged trying to turn in daily missions it was part of the game and L2P gimp talk.

BUT NOW all the sudden that you have 2-5 froobs coordinated vs the big bad 220's the sky is falling. Karma is a biotch. Reap what you sew and L2P gimps, it's part of the game now! BWAHAHAHA

News flash even if they had to alt-tab, 3-4 froobs multi-logged with capped AS will still ice you with out blockers derp derp. Just tickles me to see all this QQ, those pvp tears are so delicious.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Difs View Post
    wow, this means all of us should be banned for cheating since we all used clicksaver (you know, the 3rd party software that automatically rolls missions to find a specific item you want, giving you the advantage to save tens of hours of search)
    No, this where this ridiculously weak yet often copied assertion fails, as it does not follow the definition of cheating, as it does not give one player an advantage AGAINST another player.
    There is no PVP conflict/duel involving rolling a specific item reward in a mission.

Read the definition again.

Using third party software to gain an advantage over other players
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Uhm actually YOU might want to read the EULA which says NOTHING about advantage over other players, but it DOES state any 3rd party software the modifies or manipulates the game client, which clicksaver does. Ooops

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Uhm actually YOU might want to read the EULA which says NOTHING about advantage over other players, but it DOES state any 3rd party software the modifies or manipulates the game client, which clicksaver does. Ooops
    You might actually want to try and address the statement:-

Rather than trying to dance around it.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

You might actually want to try and address the statement:-

Using third party software to gain an advantage over other players .
    So let me get this straight, if I use a windows optimizer program or a file clean up utility for my OS that gives me a better FPS and cuts down client side lag does that count as gaining an advantage over other players also?

Just curious how you feel about that, if it's cheating also?

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

So let me get this straight, if I use a windows optimizer program or a file clean up utility for my OS that gives me a better FPS and cuts down client side lag does that count as gaining an advantage over other players also?

Just curious how you feel about that, if it's cheating also?
    Still dancing around the statement then.

Disappointing :/

Still dancing around the statement then.

Disappointing :/
    Hmm let's try this... LEGAL. With a side of QQ-PVP-Tears.

There is your answer.

Now smart guy, do you use 3rd party software such as disk clean up or windows optimizers to help your pc performance and "gain an advantage over other players" from better FPS? That would make you a cheater and hypocrite by your own definition. Ooops

Pretty direct question which requires a simple yes or no answer. Or you can avoid and dance around it.
    Last edited by Psikie; Dec 1st, 2014 at 23:16:12.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Hmm let's try this... LEGAL.

There is your answer.

Now smart guy, do you use 3rd party software such as disk clean up or windows optimizers to help your pc performance and "gain an advantage over other players" from better FPS? That would make you a cheater and hypocrite by your own definition. Ooops

Pretty direct question which requires a simple yes or no answer. Or you can avoid and dance around it.
    Your miss-direction attempt is clumsily at best, but you are still deficit and have failed to answer the statement.

But your child like attempt at a closed question maneuver amuses me, (you dropped the punchline into it and revealed it for what it is, yet more misdirection a shameful beginners mistake.) I'll actually answer it
    No.
    And no

MB is cheating, comparing it's use pc maintenance, you are really close to the bottom of that barrel now.

Psikie you dont get it... if someone kills Caloss2 in game and makes him cry, that person definetly cheats
    noone can kill caloss without cheats!
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

Psikie you dont get it... if someone kills Caloss2 in game and makes him cry, that person definetly cheats
    Wrong.

HAHAHA now it makes more sense.

3rd party software that gives Caloss advantage = good, anything else is cheating.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

HAHAHA now it makes more sense.

3rd party software that gives Caloss advantage = good, anything else is cheating.
    And back to feeble attempts at misdirection, the "lets make it about you" card really ?

You have actually gotten through the bottle of that barrel, and are scraping the soil beneath it.

Cheating :-

Cheating :-

No more using 3rd party software like you web browser to read forums to gain an advantage over other players! Or you guys are all cheaters! HAHAHA

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Psikie is an amazing pvper very well known.

His opinion on pvp is highly valued..
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

No more using 3rd party software like you web browser to read forums to gain an advantage over other players! Or you guys are all cheaters! HAHAHA

./face palm

My mistake, it wasn't soil you where scraping up, just brown and soft.
    Last edited by Caloss2; Dec 2nd, 2014 at 08:39:29.

@Caloss2: Cheating is defined by the game's rules. Multiboxing can be done without breaking the ToS/EULA (though many people DO break them while doing it, not all do. Input broadcasting is fine, input automation is not.. and they're not the same). The game's rules are made by the game's developers. They have come out and said Multiboxing is permitted and fine and didn't specify any conditions (not even those regarding input automation, which is quite serious but.. they ARE the ones who decide). Those are the rules of the game.

Like if or not and personal opinions aside, your claim that MB = Cheating is defeated by the game's rules AND by the developers that have come out to talk about it and therefore has no validity to begin with.

It's unfair for some, it damages tower pvp for some. It's not cheating because FC says so. Your comparison to stealing is 100% fallacy since stealing, according to law, is not permitted.
    It's no more cheating than a team of players killing a sole defending player, as per the rules of the game. I hope you understand this.

EDIT: I also understand if you're trying to get FC to start considering it cheating (because you want their opinion on it to match your own) and eventually to change their policy on it. The problem is, as Traderjill has stated recently on one of these threads, that posting on the forums is not a functional way of achieving that goal. They're unlikely to change their stance on it, though. As it's likely "imposed from above" unto Michizure.
    There's also no guarantee they'll ever see it your way because they might, like the majority of MMO publishers, see it as a different gameplay style and nothing else.
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Dec 2nd, 2014 at 10:32:45.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    @Caloss2: Cheating is defined by the game's rules. Multiboxing can be done without breaking the ToS/EULA (though many people DO break them while doing it, not all do. Input broadcasting is fine, input automation is not.. and they're not the same). The game's rules are made by the game's developers. They have come out and said Multiboxing is permitted and fine and didn't specify any conditions (not even those regarding input automation, which is quite serious but.. they ARE the ones who decide). Those are the rules of the game.

Like if or not and personal opinions aside, your claim that MB = Cheating is defeated by the game's rules AND by the developers that have come out to talk about it and therefore has no validity to begin with.

It's unfair for some, it damages tower pvp for some. It's not cheating because FC says so. Your comparison to stealing is 100% fallacy since stealing, according to social norm and to law, is not permitted.
    It's no more cheating than a team of players killing a sole defending player, as per the rules of the game. I hope you understand this.
    Understood Digital, and that ruling needs to change before the game collapses the reference to stealing was to point out that the principle argument it was directed at was completely invalid; and it did.

Understood Digital, and that ruling needs to change before the game collapses the reference to stealing was to point out that the principle argument it was directed at was completely invalid; and it did.
    I disagree that MB will cause the game to collapse at all and I oppose your opinion on that part. I hope MB, especially in PvM, is kept as-is. Input Broastcasting = Fine, Input Automation = Ban. I won't ever really have a use for it in a personal sense, but the effect it has on the economy and playerbase is too important at this time. Maybe in the future, if we get population higher, it's worth tackling. (If it's still a problem, which I highly doubt it will). Lots of maybes.

I respect your opinion on the matter though. I'd hope that goes without saying by now.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    I disagree that MB will cause the game to collapse at all and I oppose your opinion on that part. I hope MB, especially in PvM, is kept as-is. Input Broastcasting = Fine, Input Automation = Ban. I won't ever really have a use for it in a personal sense, but the effect it has on the economy and playerbase is too important at this time. Maybe in the future, if we get population higher, it's worth tackling. (If it's still a problem, which I highly doubt it will). Lots of maybes.

I respect your opinion on the matter though. I'd hope that goes without saying by now.
    That respect is reciprocated Digital.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast